Academic Affairs Office
The Academic Affairs Team:
- Head, Academic Affairs - Olatubosun Helen Uzezi
- AOII, Senate Office - Mrs. Agubo Onajiyoma Chioma
- AOII, Academic Matters - Onaemor Onos Moses (Mr.)
- AOII, Cert. Issuance & Verification - Fatiregun Olubunmi (Mrs.)
- AOII, Mail Room Services - Mrs. Adewumi Omolara Victoria
- AOII, Students’ Records - Odebiyi Titilayo Olamide (Mrs.)
- Executive Officer, Students’ Records - Mr. Onah Amos
- Executive Officer, Students’ Records - Akanbi Olajumoke Emily (Miss)
- Assistant Executive Officer, Transcript Office - Mr. Wodu Kolawole Francis
- Receptionist - Mrs. James Mary Iboro
- Receptionist - Mrs. Alade Dorcas Bunmi
Overview and Strategic Goals of the Unit: The Academic Affairs is a Unit of the Registry and the hub of academic administration, especially pertaining to matters of academic experience of the undergraduate students of the University. The centrality of its operations is the relentless commitment to the pursuit of the continuous enhancement of quality and standards on equity basis, and the application and implementation of academic policies and procedures. The overall objective is to be involved in the collective drive to actualize the University’s Vision, which is to raise a new generation of leaders and the attainment of the “1 of 10 in 10” Agenda, which focuses on placing Covenant University as one of the world best 10 universities by 2022.
The Strategic Goals and Targets of the Unit are listed below:
To develop strategic mechanisms for accurate interpretation of subsisting policy stipulations and the timely implementation of corporate decisions with respect to academic processes and procedures.
(i.) Enforce compliance with the Rules and Regulations guiding the conduct of the University Examinations especially with respect to the eligibility criteria.
(ii.) Monitoring of Course Registration exercise to ensure compliance with laid down parameters such as – payment of prescribed school fees and completion of relevant forms and documents.
(iii.) Consistent education and sensitization of key stakeholders on statutory processes with a view to ensuring that academic issues are processed within established time-frame.
Engage cutting-edge practices for effective and efficient interface with our stakeholders for a deepened quality in service delivery.
(i.) Deployment of innovative ICT platforms for real-time feedback with parents on their wards’ performances on the one hand, and the Alumni base on the other.
(ii.) Prompt dissemination of the University Management’s resolutions on academic administration.
(iii.) To introduce the online method of transcript processing in order to bridge the gap between the University and its graduates all over the world.
Build multi-lateral partnerships for an integrated record base to deliver service quality and standards.
(i.) Syndicate meetings with key organs of the University for the coordination and centralization of academic records.
(ii.) Soliciting inputs from internal stakeholders to enhance the quality of service delivery.
Conduct the business of Senate in accordance with best practice in higher education corporate governance by providing world-class secretarial support.
(i.) To be responsive to all legitimate requests for information, assistance, and advice, within the context of the resources of the Secretariat.
(ii.) To oversee and promote the academic policy of the University relating to learning and teaching, and the student experience.
(iii.) To communicate regularly on the deliberations and actions approved by Senate.
The structure of the Unit aligns it with this mandate by placing emphasis on the evolvement of strategies, devolution of functions and enhancement of synergy for the efficient and effective operationalizing of its functions. It is in this sense, that the Unit is further structured into the following sections:
- Senate Affairs
- Examinations and Records (Academic Matters, Students’ Records and Transcript Processing)
- Certificate Issuance and Verification
- Mail Room Services
Academic Affairs: Sectional Activities and Functions
- Provides secretarial support for the conduct of Senate Business Committee (SBC) meetings and the University Senate statutory and ad-hoc meetings. In this wise, it:
- prepares the Senate Chamber for all Senate meetings;
- prepares the notice of both SBC’s and Senate meetings in line with the University’s academic calendar;
- prepares the minutes of Senate meetings;
- engage in the strategic documentation of SBC’s discussions and recommendations to Senate;
- prepares and releases excerpts of Senate resolutions;
- prepares the matters arising from previous Senate meeting;
- receives and process submissions from Departments for Senate consideration;
- maintains the Register of Senate; and
- ensures top-class comprehensive record keeping – maintaining proper records of Senate briefs, papers, minutes of meetings and resolutions.
2. Compiles the list of students who missed the University examinations on condonable grounds and who duly have applied for the make-up examinations.
3. Performs supervisory oversight on the Non-Teaching Staff (NTS) participation in examination invigilation – preparation and monitoring of the Invigilation Roster.
Exams and Records
This is further categorized under three distinct sub-sections as follows:
- Facilitates various components of student registration exercise such as Course Registration - registration of extra unit, Change of Programme and Repeat of Level, by providing all the necessary forms and ensuring that such exercises are carried out within the ambit of statutory framework.
- Responds to students’ academic matters in line with the University Management/Senate resolutions and policies on issues such as Change of Name, late registration, Reinstatement, Withdrawal of studentship, Deferment and others.
- Processing of re-absorption letters for students resuming from suspension, deferment or those recalled from expulsion and also, engage in opening of portal for such students.
- Inform parents/guardians on the academic performance and other issues relating to the administration of their wards’ academic activities.
- Improves communication and strengthens academic advising at all levels.
- Issues examination clearance to students with genuine cases of late course evaluation or lecture attendance defaults as approved by the University Management.
- Ensuring that past examination scripts are well kept and produced upon demand by authorized officers.
- Ensures that all Students’ records are well kept by maintaining functional record base through detailed referencing arrangements.
- Provides general assistance to both students and Faculty for the management of academic records.
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness in the use of resources for the documentation of students’ records.
- Administers and maintains safe custody of all Academic robes and ensures that they are properly and regularly washed.
- Issues academic robes to students and Faculty during matriculation, convocation, public lecture and other University events.
- Ensures prompt processing of students and graduates’ academic transcript (soft or hard copy) records to various institutions.
- Process transcript verification requests from World Education Services (WES) and others.
Procedure for Transcript Processing
- The applicant writes an application to the Registrar or sends an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Alumni official number: 07043618212 requesting for his/her transcript. (or)
- The applicant obtains and fills a form at the Registry indicating:
- Address of Institution to which transcript will be sent
- Matriculation number
- Programme/Sex/Class of Degree/Month and Year of graduation
- Attach a copy of evidence of payment of processing fee (receipt) to the form filled.
Current Price list for Transcript Processing
|Ogun & Lagos States||5,500.00|
|West & Middle Belt||6,000.00|
|Covenant University PG School||2,000.00|
|UK (Scotland, Wales, Ireland)||13,500.00|
|Australia/India/New Zealand/Far East||21,500.00|
|Rest of Europe||20,000.00|
|E-mail/Upload of Transcript||N4,500.00|
Certificate Issuance and Verification
- Issuance of the University Certificates or Notification of Results to graduates of First and Higher degrees.
- Responds to requests for verification of academic records for undergraduates and graduates of the University as requested by various institutions/organizations.
- Processing of letters of Attestation, Proficiency in English Language and Academic Reference forms upon request from the external context.
- Engaging an online update of certificates collected by graduates so as to provide a summary status of certificates collected according to the year of graduation and the programme.
Mail Room Services
- It provides complimentary services to the Unit by facilitating the dispatch of transcripts to various destinations nationally and internationally and statements of examination results to parents, as well as several other letters, through post or courier. It also renders similar postal services to the University at large.
- The Mail Room coordinates the activities of the Courier companies that have been engaged in the University by ensuring the following:
- receives and carefully sorts incoming mails/parcels for Departments and also prepares monthly invoice/reports of the University’s Courier service providers;
- ensures quality standard delivery services to key Management Officers that is, VC, DVC and the Registrar;
- provides customer service duty stamps, weighs packages to determine the required tariff charge by quality negotiations and conveying effective information on the standard procedures, affix the correct postage stamps to various mails and others;
- receives, registers, certifies and dispatches outgoing mails such as transcripts, official correspondences and also, effective filing of delivery way bills;
- tracking/monitoring of outgoing mails to ensure correct and prompt delivery to the recipient as well as to ascertain proof of delivery – consistent surfing of the Internet; and
- responds to complaints regarding delivery challenges, lost or damaged parcels/mails – actively seeking avenues to assist stakeholders by paying attention to their observations.