The National Universities Commission (NUC) proposed the establishment of Academic Planning Units in Nigerian Universities System in the early 1980s for the coordination of academic activities and programmes. The Academic Planning Unit (APU) of Covenant University coordinates academic activities in the University; collects, manages and analyzes data towards its academic enhancement while ensuring compliance with NUC’s Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) as directed by the Senate and Management. It enhances efficiency in teaching and learning in the University and ensures the dissemination and publication of relevant information. The Director, Academic Planning Unit (DAPU) liaises with accreditation bodies for the establishment and accreditation of academic programmes.
The Academic Planning Unit is an integral arm of the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and its activities are overseen by a Director who reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor. The Unit is presently headed by Dr. Olawande Daramola. Other members of the Unit include: Deputy Director, Quality Assurance and Academic Standards (QAAS) and three (3) Academic Planning and Quality Assurance Officers.
Academic Planning Team:
- Director - Dr. Olawande Daramola
- Deputy Director, QAAS - Mrs. Mary Aboyade
- Quality Assurance Officer 1 - Mrs. Regina Tobi-David
- Academic Planning Officer - Mr. Raphael Ibidoja
- Academic Planning Officer - Mrs. Rebecca Adesiyan
- Academic Planning Officer - Mr. Oladapo Iyiola
- Administration Officer 1 - Ms. Biola Sowunmi