Media and Corporate Affairs Directorate
The Media & Corporate Affairs (M & CA) is the official communication window of Covenant University to both its internal and external publics. It provides a multiplicity of services to members of the University Community, news media (print, electronic, internet) and the general public.
M & CA helps to tell the story of Covenant University to the rest of the world. To accomplish this task, it deploys a variety of communication and marketing strategies to promote the unique vision, mission, programmes, activities, educational experience and people who make Covenant University a dynamic and fast growing institution.
As the image and brand promoter of the University, it charts strategic pathways for cultivating and building internal and external groundswell of goodwill and positive image for the University in line with the University’s vision 10:2022.
The M&CA Team is made up of experienced media, editorial, public relations, creative and technically competent professionals working in such areas of the university as:
- Media Relations & Publicity
- News gathering, news writing and editing
- Strategic communication planning, printing and publishing
- Print publication and design
- Video/Documentary production
- Web-writing, development and content management
- Blogs content management
Other services and responsibilities constantly rendered by M&CA include:
- Photographic services
- Protocol, Event co-ordination and management
- Provision of multimedia facilities (Studio services)
- Logo and poster design, and CU brand protection
- Production of CU Update and The Covenant Magazine
M&CA team receives all University guests with utmost courtesies, arranges guided tours for them, and provides them with up-to-date information about the institution.
M&CA MISSION AND SCRIPTURAL FOUNDATION
... charting strategic pathways for cultivating and building internal and external groundswell of goodwill and positive image for the University in order to make it a topmost global institution.
Scriptural backing of M&CA’smission
Right from the outset, M&CA mission was founded on the scriptural from Mathew 5:15 and Luke 11:13 - especially from Luke 8:16:
" No man, when he has lit a candle, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bushel, but sets it on a lampstand, that they which enter may see the light"
There is no doubt that God is doing marvelous things at CU; and it's the duty of M&CA to put them in the spotlight; to put the glow and shine on them. M&CA is to lift up the banner of the marvelous light God has kindled in CU, also known as Hebron, the birth place of Kings and Queens.
UNITS IN MEDIA AND CORPORATE AFFAIRS
- Editorial & Publications Unit
- Creative Communication Unit
- Audio Visual Communication Unit
Editorial and Publication Unit
Editorial and Publicity Unit is responsible for news gathering, news writing and editing of stories of events and issues in Covenant University (CU) for CU Website, publications and other outlets. It is also responsible for regular publication of Newsflash, News Bulletin,The Covenant Magazine, The Covenant Parents, etc. The Unit edits scripts for the University programme and event brochures and pamphlets.
Other functions include:
- Coordinating reports for the University’s websites
- Researching and writing articles for online and print media
- Contributing to social media activities
- Ensuring that the final manuscript is sent on time to the press for printing
- Managing the editorial process and receiving manuscripts from the staff writers for publication
- Ensuring that the tone, style, and layout of final copy match the publication’s house style and suit the target market;
- Ensuring scripts are grammatically and factually correct and readable
- Turning dry facts or information into attention-grabbing and readable materials, and
- Ensuring that the right stories appear in the correct places in the University publications.
Creative Communication Unit
The Creative Communication Unit plays a utility function in creating design solutions that have a high visual and communication impact in promoting the corporate goal of the University. The Unit is also in charge of design, development and content management of Covenant University website. It also manages the University’ official social media channels including Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter as well as other Blogs that are connected to the University’s website. It ensures constant refreshing and update of news and other pictorial contents of the University’s Official Websites.
Other functions include:
- Preparing printer-ready files for artwork to be presented by visual communications media such as magazines, books, newspapers, brochures, posters and packaging
- Developing concepts to produce very high quality advertisements
- Ensuring timely and quality delivery of designs in a variety of styles in line with Covenant University’s Vision 10:2022
- Ensuring strict compliance with all the unique features of the University logo and letterheads in all publications of the University, and
- Ensuring that all the university pre-press materials going to the press are timely with the expected quality uncompromised.
Audio/Visual Communication Unit
The Audio/Visual Communication Unit is responsible for managing technical services during University events such as Convocation, Matriculation, Inaugural and Public Lectures, among others. The Unit plans and organizes audio visual support for conferences, workshop, seminars and lectures by assigning staff and estimating costs implication.
Audio/Visual Communication Unit is responsible for the production of quality short videos and documentaries for the University’s main website and social media platforms as well as Covenant University’s Facebook and/or YouTube sites to impact positively on the University’s web ranking. It also devices strategies and guidelines to encourage Covenant University students to produce appropriate videos and documentaries for the University’s websites.
Other functions include:
- Overseeing day-to-day operations such as setting up, installation and troubleshooting of break down audio visual equipment, including cameras, microphones, projectors, monitors, etc.
- Ensuring proper archiving of all university heritage/history in audio and visual formats for immediate and future referencing
- Designing technical and specialized audiovisual systems in response to faculty, student and staff requirements.
Protocol & Event Services
Protocol & Event Services is responsible for ensuring proper arrangement of venues for all University events. It ensures that all University corporate guests are received with utmost courtesies and arranges for guided tours, draws up of programme of events, etc. It will coordinate and manage all University events in line with the University’s best practice and tradition as well as ensure that guests are given due recognitions at such events.
Media Relations & Publicity
Media Relations and Publicity is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a good interface with local, national, and international news media and ensuring that the University receives positive publicity within the external context. It monitors, shares, and keeps record of relevant news and information about the University and manages press list and contacts databases.
- THE COVENANT MAGAZINE
- THE COVENANT PARENTS
- NEWS RELEASES
- WORKSHOP LEAFLETS
- ANNUAL CALENDARS
- ANNUAL REPORT
- CU FACT SHEET
- POLICY ON FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- GUIDED TOUR OF CU CAMPUS
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY DOCUMENTARY SERIES
- FILM CLIP ON DRESS CODE @ CU
- External Impact - Comments About CU