Bachelor of Art (B.A)
The objectives of the B.A. French programme are to teach students to be able to:
- Communicate with other people in other cultures in a variety of settings.
- Look beyond their customary borders.
- Develop insight into their language and culture.
- Act with greater awareness of self, of other cultures, and of their own relationship to those cultures.
- Gain direct access to additional bodies of knowledge.
- Participate more fully in the global community and marketplace.
- To be qualified for admission for the B. A. English Programme, a candidate must have obtained O/L, SSCE/GCE/NECO credit level passes in Five (5) subjects, including English Language, Literature-in-English, Mathematics and one relevant Science subject. The 5 credit passes must have been obtained at not more than two sittings.
- For the B. A. French Programme, a candidate must have five (5) Credit passes in SSCE/GCE/NECO O/L at not more than two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, French (Compulsory) and one Science subject (Biology or Health Science).
- Special consideration (waiver) will be given to candidates with the CEFP/DELP awarded by Alliance Francaise; Pre-degree Certificate or Diploma in French from any recognized University with other appropriate qualifications
- The candidate must also sit for the current JAMB Examinations and obtain the prescribed cut-off marks in the relevant subjects.
- In addition, the candidate must appear for and pass the screening exercise conducted by Covenant University for all candidates.