To read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend.
To read it a second time is to meet an old one
The e-library of the CLR is poised to dispel and shatter every form of academic and research darkness, by way of providing adequate, relevant and timely information to every of its users to put them at the cutting edge in their various areas of interests. The CLR information resources including the Online Public Access Catalogue is accessible from the comfort of staff offices and home 24/7 through the Covenant University website.
The multi media section of the CLR with state-of-the-art ICT facilities makes the academic and research works of the users a pleasurable experience. To facilitate the operations of the CLR, a new internet server has been acquired and it is running twenty four hours of the day. A DSTV with television and video playing/recording machines in designated points of the multi media section provide a delightful viewing for users. There are also Compact Disk (CD) and Video Compact Disk (VCD) players for use by those who may desire to make use of the centre’s audio visual information resources.
Among the services the users of the Centre for Learning Resources stand to enjoy are: computer literacy, internet literacy, information literacy, e-resources, literature search, bibliographic instruction, citation styles, library searching, educational video/documentary resources, selective dissemination of information, virtual access, on-line public access catalogue to mention but a few. The Centre for Learning Resources has made arrangement for periodic training programme for users on the above listed areas. Besides, there is training opportunity for interested users who may not want to wait for the periodic training programme put in place by the centre.
We encourage the users to take advantage of the avalanche resources in the centre in their quest for advancement and excellence in various fields.
- EBSCO: http://search.epnet.com
- JSTOR: http://www.jstor.org
- AGORA: http://www.aginternetwork.org
- NUC VIRTUAL LIBRARY: http://www.nigerianvirtualibrary.com
- HINARI: http://www.oaresciences.org
- MIT OPEN COURSEWARE: http://ocw.mit.edu/
- Science Direct: http://www.sciencedirect.com
- 100 TIME SAVING SEARCH ENGINES FOR SERIOUS SCHOLARShttp://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2010/03/100-time-saving-search-engines-for-serious-scholars/
Electronic Thesis/Dissertation http://www.thesis.patent-invent.com/
- SAGE: http://online.sagepub.com/
- Ebrary: http://covenant.bravecontent.com/
- Myilibrary: http://www.myilibrary.com/
- Scopus: http://www.scopus.com/
List of Databases in EBSCO
- Business Sources
- Index to Architectural Periodicals
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Computer & Applied Sciences Complete
- Academic Source Complete
- Library, information Science & Technology