Dr. Eugenia ABIODUN-ENIAYEKAN
WASC, NCE, B.A. French, M.A. French, M.Phil, Ph.D
African Literature in French
Interface between Literature and History
How History entered Fiction
Relationship between Literature and Society
Fiction, Poetry, Drama
African Literature in French
General Communication in French
Selected Publications (5)
2. The University French Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (UFTAN) 13th Annual Conference, held at the University of Port-Harcourt, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, with the theme “FRENCH AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA”, Date: 31st October – 4th November, 2010.
3. The University French Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (UFTAN) 16th Annual Conference and AGM, held at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, with the theme “FRENCH IN THE WIDER WORLD”, Date: 9th – 14th March, 2014. She presented a paper titled: “Mondialiser la langue française: néo-colonialisme ou développement?” (Globalising the French Language: Neo-Colonialism or Development?).
4. An International Conference at Redeemers’ University, Mowe, Lagos State, titled “THE HUMANITIES, CONFLICT AND DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA”, Date: 27th – 28th May, 2014. She presented a paper titled: “Conflict Resolution”.
5. The University French Teachers’ Association of Nigeria (UFTAN) 17th Annual Conference and AGM, held at the Nigeria French Language Village, Badagry, Lagos State, with the theme “NIGERIA AND THE ECOWAS”, Date: 9th – 13th November, 2014. She presented a paper titled: “Les guerres du Libéria et de la Sierra Leone: une interrogation du rôle de la CEDEAO” (The Liberian and Sierra Leonian Wars: Interrogating the Role of the ECOWAS).
6. The First Joint International Conference of the Faculty of Arts, Lagos State University and African Studies Institute, University of Georgia at Athens, Georgia, U.S.A. on the theme "THE HUMANITIES AND THE INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM (IKS) IN AFRICA AND AFRICA'S DIASPORAS, Department of English, Faculty of Arts, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos, 20th - 23rd July, 2015. She presented a paper titled: "Socio-Pragmatic Values of Nigerians as Exemplified in Wale Okediran's Tenants of the House: Implication for Political Caste System"
Summary of Profile
She has been working assiduously towards a collaboration between the Covenant University and Universities in France since 2012 when she began to attend the annual French Education Fair, organized by the French Embassy in Lagos and Abuja.
With a view to seeking for closer ties with the French Government/Embassy and possible collaboration, a way of making Covenant University to have a global impact, she first mentioned the University to the organizers of the Fair on the 24th of March 2012 when she first attended the French Education Fair at Louis Pasteur, Victoria Island, Lagos. Ever since then, she has been interacting closely with them and mounting pressure on the Covenant University International Office and Linkages to see to the possibility of the collaboration being established. On the 13th of May, 2014, she facilitated the visit of some of the French Officials to Covenant University, namely, Monsieur Sebastien CARTIER (a Frenchman), the Programme Officer for the Promotion of French Higher Education, resident in Abuja, and Monsieur Rafiu OMOLOYE, the Programme Officer for the Promotion of Higher Education, International Mobility and Campus France, French Embassy in Nigeria, Alliance française, Lagos. She is widely travelled and has mixed with many people of different tribes, races and colours as a result of her proficiency in French.