Dr. SAMUEL TAIWO AKINYELE
Bsc; Msc; Ph.D
Strategic marketing Management, Consumer Behaviour,Sales Management, E-Business, Marketing Communication, General Management & HRM
Awards & Honours
1.Editorial Board member, Covenant Journal of Business &Social Sciences 2010 to Date
2.Editorial Board memeber, Journal of Business Management & Economics 2010 to Date
3. Won Research Award for IABPAD conference, Dallas USA, 2011
4.Award for Recognition by Covenant University Business Administration Student Association 2010/2011
4.Won Research Honorarium from Journal of Banking & Finance,Financial Institutions Training Centre,Nigeria,2011
1.Marketing practices and Theory
2. General Business Management
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2.Employee Creative Performance as a function of Organizational culture in Lagos Hospitality Companies- Ph.D
3.Assessing Corporate Governance Imperatives & Influence on Organizational Performance- MBA
4.Effect of Corporate Diversification Strategy on Firms Performance-MBA
5.Effects of Occupational Stress on Faculty Performance in a Nigerian University, MSC
Selected Publications (56)
50. ). An Empirical Analysis of Internal Marketing on Organizational Commitment: A Study of Banks in Lagos-Nigeria. Journal on Banking Financial Services and Insurance Research, vol.1 (3):77-98 Huda Jagadhri (Published in India).[ Download 190.50 kB ]
55. Gender Effect on Managing and Supervising Salespersons: A Student Perception. Journal of Research in National Development, vol. 9 (1b):341-349. An International publication of the Transcampus Interdisciplinary Research and Study Group, Department of Martine Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (Published in Nigeria).[ Download 68.50 kB ]
AKINYELE, S.T. (2007). Quality and Price Evaluation: Implications for Marketing Decision Making, Vol.14, No.1,pp11-30 .American Society of Business and Behavioural Sciences (ASBBS) 14th Annual Conference, Las Vegas, 22nd- 25th February.
AKINYELE, S.T. (2007). Gender Bias and Customer Satisfaction in the Retail Sector. . International Academy of Business and Development (IAABD) 8TH Annual International Conference 29th May- 2nd June held at London Metropolitan University, Stapleton House, 277-281 Holloway Rd, London, N7 8HN, United Kingdom.
AKINYELE, S.T.(2006). Implementing TQM in Higher Education Institutions: A Strategic Management Approach. Delivered at the 14th Annual Conference held at Lagos State University Between 22-24th.
AKINYELE, S.T. (2006). An Empirical Study of Financing Small Scale Enterprise in Nigeria. Delivered at the International Conference of Social and Management Science for Self- Reliance held at University of Calabar.
AKINYELE, S.T. and OBAMIRO, J.K. (2005). Improving Productivity through Staff Performance Evaluation in the Nigerian Private Sector. Delivered at the National Conference on Corporate Survival, Performance and Satisfaction in Competitive Market, Bayero University, Kano.
ABIODUN, A.J, AKINYELE, S.T., and OBAMIRO, J.K.(2005). Environmental Factors Affecting the Adoption of Effective Strategy Formulation. . Delivered at the National Conference on Corporate Survival, Performance and Satisfaction in Competitive Market, Bayero University, Kano.
AKANDE, A.O., OBAMIRO, J.K., AKINYELE, S.T. and BELLO, J.A.(2005). Information Technology in the 21st Century: Prospects and Challenges. Delivered at the International Conference on Human Development held at Covenant University, Ota.
Marketing Educators' Conference on creating value for National Transformation 2011, Covenant University,Ota.
Covenant University Executive Advance on Constructing a World Class University:Path ways and Processess,2009.
AVCNU Conference on leadership and Governance in Nigerian Universities:Global Imperatives for Driving Quality and Maximizing Performance, 2011
1. AKINYELE, S.T. ; ADEGBUYI,O. and OGBARI, M. (2013). Influence of Human Resource Development Programs on Workers Job Security in Industrial Organization: Empirical Evidence from Mobil oil, Nigeria. Delivered at the 22nd IBIMA Conference on Creating Global Competitive Economies: 2020 Vision Planning and Implementation, Rome, Italy 13- 14th November 2013. www.ibimapublishing.com/ proceedings/pdf
2. AKINYELE, S.T.; OGBARI, M. and AHMADU, F.(2013). Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in Nigerian Banking Sector: Empirical Evidence from UBA, Nigeria. Delivered at the 22nd IBIMA Conference on Creating Global Competitive Economies: 2020 Vision Planning and Implementation, Rome, Italy 13- 14th November 2013. www.ibimapublishing.com/ proceedings/pdf
3. AKINYELE, S.T.; WORLU, R.E.; AHMADU, F. and KUMOLU-JOHNSON, B.(2013).Strategic Human Resource Management Practices on Corporate Performance of Selected Multinational Firms: Evidence from Cadbury and Nestle, Nigeria. Delivered at the 22nd IBIMA Conference on Creating Global Competitive Economies: 2020 Vision Planning and Implementation, Rome, Italy 13- 14th November 2013. www.ibimapublishing.com/ proceedings/pdf
Summary of Profile
Samuel Taiwo AKINYELE obtained PhD in Marketing from Covenant University; he had earlier obtained MSc and BSc in Management Sciences and Business Administration from University of Ilorin. His research interest include; Oil and Gas Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, E-business and Consumer Behaviour. He has published in international reputable journals like; International Journal of Social and Management Science, International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, European Journal of Social Sciences, African Journal of Business Management, Research Journal of Business Management, Global Journal of Management and Business Research among others. His currently a Senior lecturer and lectures at the Covenant University. A Management and Marketing Consultant to some organization. He is a member of several professional bodies like, American Marketing Association, Allied Academics, Global Researcher Community, and National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria.