Professor Femi Adeyeye
Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management,Organisational Development.
Awards & Honours
Oyo State’s Bursary Award, 1979 – 1982
2. Federal Government of Nigeria Postgraduate Scholarship Award, 1987 – 1988
3. Federal Government Scholarship for Certificate in Public Information 1986
4. Award of Melvin Jones Fellow in Lions Club International Association 2006
5. Distinguished Erudite Scholar Award, Central Working Committee
of Esa – Odo Day, November 2004
6. Award for Academic Excellence on the occasion of elevation as Professor
of Industrial Relations and HRM by the Young Men Christian Association,
St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Akinyele Ipaja, Lagos State – June 2014.
7. Consistent Veteran Award, LASU PPCA of the Chartered Institute of
Personnel Management, 2011
8. Award of Recognition and Honour from Industrial Relations and Personnel
Management Students’ Association, LASU, 2006.
9. Distinguished Merit Award for serving as the Executives Secretary of the
Ad hoc National Association of the University of Ibadan Alumni Association 2003 – 2004.
10. Vice President: Nnamdi Azikwe Hall Alumni Association – a sub – chapter of University of Ibadan Alumni Association. 1996 – 2000
11. Life Member: University of Ibadan Alumni Association (U.I.A.A) 1993 to present
12. National Secretary: University of Ibadan Alumni Association 1995 – 2001
(i) Foundation Programmes (Pre – Degree)
FEM 001 Elements of Management I
FEM 002 Elements of Management II
(ii) Degree Courses:
IRP 101 Introduction to Human Resource Management
IRP 201 Recruitment, Selection and Placement
IRP 202 Organisation Structure and Design
IRP 203 Industrial Relations Systems
IRP 204 Trade Unions and Employers Association
IRP 208 State and Industrial Relations
IRP 301 Collective Bargaining
IRP 303 Comparative Industrial Relations
IRP 304 Industrial Conflict and Management Process
IRP 305 Compensation Design and Management
IRP 306 Industrial Experience and Applied Research
IRP 310 Techniques of Organisation Development
BUL 310 Labour Law
IRP 312 Human Resources and Organisation Behaviour
IRP 402 Multinational Human Resource Management
BUS 403 Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions
IRP 403 Labour Relations in Nigeria
IRP 405 Strategic Human Resource Management
IRP 406 Motivation and Productivity
IRP 407 Industrial Relations Theory
IRP 408 Labour Policy and Administration IRP 410 Ethics in Human Resource Management
IRP 412 Diversity Management
BUS 419 Entrepreneurial Development
(iii) Post – graduate Courses (Msc)
IPR 801 Strategic Human Resource Management
IRP 803 Collective Bargaining and Conflict Resolution
IRP 899 Research Method in Social Sciences
IRP 812 Labour Market Analysis
IRP 814 Training and Human Resource Development
IRP 815 Manpower Planning, Recruitment and Selection
IRP 804 International Human Resources Management
IRP 811 Advanced collective Bargaining and Negotiation
IRP 808 Advanced Industrial Relations Theory
(iv) Mphi/PhD (course work)
Research Functions (Covenant University)
IRH 930 Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management
IRH 931 Advanced/Practical Collective Bargaining and Negotiation
IRH 975 Seminars on Training & Development, leadership and productivity.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2. Executive Advance Programme for Faculty and Senior Non-Teaching Staff, Covenant University Ota, Ogun State, August 2015. Paper Read: Harnessing Institutional Potentials and Resources for Sustainable Development.
3. Conference on “Ethical Behaviour in Workplace” Organised by the Presidency November 2014, International Conference Centre, Abuja, Nigeria: Paper Read: Giant Strides in the Social, Economic and Political Re-Engineering of the Nigerian State.
4. PPCA Conference, LASU (2011) Paper Read: Human Resource Practices: Panacea for Tackling the Multiplicity of Challenges posed by the Nigerian Work Environment. University of Lagos, Nigeria.
5. Annual National Conference on Contemporary Issues on Personnel Development Organized by Institute of Education, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, June 2008, Abuja. Paper Read: Human Resource Development and workers` productivity in Work Organizations in South-West Nigeria.
6. International Academy of African Business and Development, (IAABD), Annual International Conference, held at the University of Florida Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A, May, 20 – 24, 2008. Paper Read: Globalization and the Challenges of Human Resource Management in Africa.
7. Literacy campaign/computer workshop for selected schools in Alimosho Local Government Area, Lagos State. The workshop was held at the Millennium Schools, Egbeda, in October 2006. Delivered a key note address Titled “Computer Education: A must acquire by all”
8. National Conference on Industrial Relations and Occupational Safety in Nigeria organized by Department of Adult Education, University of Ibadan, June, 2006. Paper Read: Risk Management and Labour Turnover.
9. Valedictory Seminar for 2004/2005 set of the Part-Time Students of the Department of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Lagos State University, held at the Unique Hotel, Okokomaiko, Lagos July, 2005. Presented a paper titled: Nigeria: “The Great, the Good and the Ugly”.
10. National Conference on Globalization and Industrial Relations Practice in Nigeria: A world view, organized by National Association of Adult and non-formal Education (MAANFE) at Ibadan, May, 2005. Paper Read: Globalization and Distance Learning Programme: Problems and Prospects.
11. Training Workshop for Local Government Functionaries in Osun State, Nigeria held on the 16 – 17 June, 2005, at the Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. Presented a paper titled: Management and Implementation of Community Development Projects.
12. Nigerian Industrial Relations Association (NIRA) Conference, held between 4 and 5 November, 2004 at Royal Bird Hotel, Akure, Ondo State. 2004. Presented a paper Titled: Government Intervention in Industrial Relations in Nigeria: Issues and Problems
13. Annual National Conference on Community Analysis and Community Relations for Community Development Officers Organized by the Department Adult Education, University of Ibadan, August 2004. Paper Read: Managing Resources for Effective Socio-economic Development in Rural Area in Nigeria.
14. Annual National Conference on Industrial Relations Practice in Nigeria, organized by Department of Adult Education, University of Ibadan, November, 2003. Paper Read: Deregulation, Monetization and Emergent Changes in the Nigeria Economy.