Engr. Richard O. Afolabi
B.Eng (Chem. Engr.) ; M.Sc (Petr. Engr.) ; Ph.D (Petr. Engr.) (Ongoing)
Development of nanomaterials for application relevant to the oil and gas industry. Specifically, synthesis, characterisation and evaluation of nanoparticles and polymer coated nanoparticles for application in drilling fluids and Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
Awards & Honours
1. Recipient, Departmental Prize for Best Postgraduate Student in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, London South Bank University, United Kingdom, 2012.
2. Recipient, The Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship Award, London South Bank University, United Kingdom, 2012.
3. Recipient, Certificate of Merit from National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Technical Aid, Nigeria, 2010.
4. Recipient, The Chancellor’s Graduating Student Award from The Department of Chemical Engineering, Covenant University, Nigeria, 2009.
1. Petroleum Production Engineering
2. Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
3. Unit Operations in Natural Gas Engineering.
Summary of Profile
Mr. Afolabi's research interests broadly encompasses the development of nanomaterials for application relevant to the oil and gas industry. Specifically, he focuses on synthesis, characterisation and evaluation of nanoparticles with different configurations, polymer coated nanoparticles and associating polymers for application in drilling fluids and enhanced oil recovery (EOR)