Professor Kolawole Oluseyi Ajanaku
Dean, College of Science & Technology
B.Sc.(Ind. Chemistry); M.Sc.(Ind. Chemistry); Ph.D (Ind. Chemistry - Waste Management) (University of Ibadan); FCSN, MACS, FRHD
1) Waste and Energy Materials’ Management
2) Food and Drug synthesis & characterization
Awards & Honours
Outstanding Lecturer award for 2008/2009 academic session, Chemistry Department, College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
Exceptional Lecturer award 2010/2011 academic session, Chemistry Department, College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
Covenant University Chancellor's Award on High Impact Journal Publication 2010 - Categories B and C.
TWAS-CSIR PostDoctoral Fellow 2011
Pillar of Nation Building Award to Distinguished Academic ICON 2012 by Strategic Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development
Ceramics and Composite Materials
Current Postgraduate Supervision
M.Sc Student - Emmanuel Olabisi(Completed 2016)
M.Sc Student - Ezeoke Kenechi (Completed 2017)
Ph.D Candidate Siyanbola T. O. (Completed 2014)
Ph.D Candidate - Akinsiku A. A. (Completed 2017)
Ph.D Candidate - Edobor-Osoh A. (Post field stage)
Ph.D Candidate - Olanrewaju Aladesuyi (Field stage)
Selected Publications (44)
2.Science and Technology: Research focus in the 21st Century, 43rd Annual Conference of Science Association of Nigeria (SAN) Akure, 2007.
3.Biotechnology in an Emerging Economy, International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 2009.
4.Biotechnology in an Emerging Economy, International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS 2010), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 2010.
5. 1st International Chemical & Environmental Engineering Conference,ICEEC 2010 organised by World Academy of Research and Publications (WARP); Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
6. National Climate Change Conference, 2010 on Climate Change: Implications on Human Health and Environmental Management System in Nigeria; organised by Environmental Management Association of Nigeria (EMAN) Abuja.
7. Train the Trainer Workshop, 2011; organized by National Committee of Deans of Postgraduate School at Adamawa State University, Mubi, Yola, Nigeria. September 20th to 25th 2010.
8. Advanced thin film sample preparation: The science behind materials preparations, 2012; jointly organized by Buehler International and Censico international pvt Ltd, Agra, CGCRI, Kolkata, India.
9. Ajanaku K.O., Atul M., Das S.K. (2013) Effect of Substitution of Glass Waste for Feldspar in triaxial Porcelain Ceramic Matrix Composite, 76th Annual Session, Indian Ceramic Society, Ahmedabad, India. Jan 18 -19, 2013.
10. Ajanaku K. O. and Dawodu F. A. (2012) Nutritive evaluation of Brewery Spent Grain Supplanted Bread. 2012 International Conference on Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection: Clean Technology Development and Environmental Sustainability for Developing Nations. Organized by Institute for Environment Research and Development (IERD); Ota, Nigeria. March 20 – 22, 2012.
11. Ajanaku K.O., Dawodu F.A. and Siyanbola T.O. (2010) Histopathological Studies of Utilization of Brewery Spent Grains Effect in Humans Food Chain. 1st International Chemical & Environmental Engineering Conference, ICEEC 2010 organized by World Academy of Research and Publications (WARP); Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. November 26th to 28th 2010.
12. Surface Engineering and Characterization for Advanced Technological Applications, and Microstructural Characterization using XRD, (2012) CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, 25th September.
13. Olukanni, D. O. and Ede, A. N. and Akinwumi, I. I. and Ajanaku, K. O. (2013) Environment, Health and Wealth Issues of Municipal Solid Waste Management in Southwest Nigeria: The Example of Ota, Ogun State. In: Creating Global Competitive Economies, 22nd IBIMA Conference, November 13-14, 2013, Rome, Italy.
14. Ajanaku K.O. and Oluwole O., (2013) Determination of nutritional content of Sorghum-Ogi weaning food mixed with Crayfish (Paranephrops planifrons). International Journal Conference on Agriculture and Chemical Engineering (IJCSCE’ 13) October 4-6, 2013, Dubai (UAE).
15. ALUMINAS-2013, 3rd International Conference on High-Tech Aluminas and Unfolding Their Business Prospects (2013), Kolkata, India, 7-9th March.
16. 22nd IBIMA Conference on Creating Global Competitive Economies: 2020 Vision Planning & Implementation, November 13-14, 2013, Rome, Italy.
17. Second International Conference on Advances in Civil, Structural and Mechanical Engineering - CSM 2014, Birmingham, UK, 16 – 17 November 2014, pp. 10 -14.
18. Covenant University Chemistry International Conference, CUCIC 2014, on Chemistry for Sustainable Development, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. July 7 – July 10, 2014.
19. 23rd IBIMA Conference on Vision 2020: Sustainable Growth, Economic Development, and Global Competitiveness, May 13-14, 2014, Valencia, Spain
20.Covenant University Chemistry International Workshop / Conference, CUCIC 2016, on Fire Hazard; Preparation of High Temperature Concrete/Monolithic for Application in Kiln and Furnaces & Chemistry for Sustainable Development, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. June 29 – July 1, 2016.
Summary of Profile
In 2012, Ajanaku won the prestigious TWAS-CSIR postdoctoral fellowship to undertake research in developing a Glass Ceramic Matrix Composite using Industrial wastes. He completed the post-doc programme at Central Glass and Ceramics Research Institute, Kolkata, India, under the host Supervisor, Dr. S. K. Das. He has supervised over one hundred and twenty (120) undergraduate students since inception of his carrier; graduated three (3) Masters students and two (2) Ph.D students. He currently supervises three (3) postgraduate students in Covenant University. He has co-authored quite a number of peer-reviewed publications; some of which are published in local and international journals. He became the first Professor of Industrial Chemistry of Covenant University in August 2015 and he is currently the Chair of the University Waste to Wealth Project Scheme.