Prof. Marvel Akinyemi
B.Sc (Physics), M.Sc (Physics), PhD (Physics)
- Modeling Varying Climatic Conditions and Land Surface Recovery in Africa
- Virtual Assessment of Air Pollution Dispersion from Anthropogenic Sudden Explosion
- Temperature Variation and Solar Photovoltaic Energy Efficiency over the Six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria
- Urban Air Pollutants Concentration in West Africa as revealed by Satellites
- Monitoring of Atmospheric Carbon Monoxide fluxes
Awards & Honours
- World Climate Research Program (WCRP) and World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Conference Travel Grant to Denver, USA, (2011)
Mechanics and Properties of Matter, Statistical and Thermal Physics, Computer Application and Data Analysis, MathCAD for Physics, Fluid Mechanics, Energy Conversion and Storage, Atmospheric and Space Physics, Heat Transfer and Energy
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Selected Publications (46)
2. Emetere M.E., Akinyemi M.L., Uno U.E., Boyo A. O. (2014). Lightning Threat Forecast Simulation Using the Schrodinger-Electrostatic Algorithm accepted as a regular paper for presentation at International Conference on Environment Systems Science and Engineering (ESSE 2014) July 23-24, 2014, Los Angeles, USA
3. Akinyemi M. L (2013) Seasonal Urban Air Pollutants Concentration Splotches in West Africa as revealed by Satellites AIRS and MOPPIT. Nigerian Institute of Physics 35th Annual Conference (March 25-30, 2013)
4. Akinyemi M. L. (2012) Monitoring of Atmospheric Carbon Monoxide fluxes in predicting the Commencement of Planting Season in West Africa. Presented at the 2012 ASABE Annual International Meeting July 29 – August 3, 2012, Hilton Anatole, Dallas, Texas, USA.
5. Akinyemi M. L. and Omotosho T. V. (2011). Distribution of Surface Ozone concentration and winds variation over Nigeria. World Climate Research Program (WCRP), Open Science Conference, October 23-28, 2011, Denver, Colorado USA.
6. Akinyemi M. L,, Kayode J. S. and Usikalu M. R. (2010) Investigation of Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) Hot spots in the College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. National Annual Conference of the Nigerian Union of Radio Science
7. Akinyemi M. L (2010). Atmospheric Dynamics and Surface Ozone Variability in Nigeria. Nigerian Institute of Physics 33rd Annual Conference (November 09-13, 2010)
8. Akinyemi M. L (2009). Mitigation of Tropospheric Ozone by Embracing Renewable Energy Sources. International Conference/Workshop on Renewable Energy and Climate Mitigation (July 13-17, 2009).
9. Akinyemi M. L (2008) Interconnectivity of Weather System and ozone Concentration over West Africa. First International Academy of Astronautic (IAA) African Regional Conference, (December 3 – 5, 2008)
10. Akinyemi M. L (2007). The Influence of Some Atmospheric Phenomena on Total Ozone Concentration over the Tropics. Nigerian Institute of Physics Annual Conference. (August 15 -18, 2007).
11. Akinyemi M. L., E.O. Oladiran and E.B. Babatunde (2006). Application of Fast Fourier Transform to Ozone Data at Lagos, Nigeria. Proceeding of International Conference on New trends in the Mathematical and Computer Sciences with Application to Real World Problems pp 141 - 159.
112. Akinyemi M. L. (2002). Enhancement of Meteorological Studies through Satellite Monitoring. Proceeding of Nigeria Meteorological Society. 5pp.
Summary of Profile
Her secondary area of research includes assessment of extremely low frequency (ELF), solar energy physics, dye sensitized solar cells and mitigation of noise pollution in the environment.