Dr. Oluwole Alagbe
B.Sc., M.Sc. (Arch)(ABU); Ph.D (Architecture)(CU); MNIA; MAARCHES
Housing and indigenous building materials study
sustainable construction and development
Teaching methods and educational assessment and
Awards & Honours
Best Lecturer, Department of Architecture 2015/2016
Best Lecturer, Department of Architecture 2014/205
Award for Excellent Service, Chairman, Techweek 2014
Techweek 2011 Lecturer of the Year Award, School of Environmental Sciences, College of Science and technology
History of Architecture
Introduction to Architecture and Basic Elements of Urban Planning
Advanced Architectural Design
Advanced Building Component and Methods
Current Postgraduate Supervision
20167/2017 session - 2 no Msc students; Co-supervisor, 2-no Ph.D Students
Selected Publications (29)
* 10th annual International Technology, Education and Development (INTED2016) Conference, March 7th-9th, 2016 Valencia (Spain)
* 6th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies (EDULEARN14), Barcelona, Spain. 7 - 9 July, 2014
* 2nd International Conference on African Development Issues, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, May 11-13, 2015
* 8th CIDB Postgraduate Conference, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 10-11 February, 2014. pp 143-156.
* CIB Conference on Construction in Developing Countries and Its Contribution to Sustainable Development, Lekki, Lagos. 28-30 January, 2014.
* 39th International Association for Housing Science (IAHS) World Congress, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, 17-20 September, 2013.
* 3rd ASO Housing Exhibition and Conference on Achieving Affordable Housing Delivery by Creating 500,000 Housing Units by 2016. International Conference Center, Abuja, 11 - 12 April, 2013.
* 38th IAHS World Congress on Housing Science, Istanbul, Turkey. 16-19 April, 2012.
* 37th IAHS World Congress on Housing Science, Santader, Spain. 26-29 October, 2010.
* International Conference on Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection: Strategies and procedures for Developing Nations, at Bells University of Technology, Ota. 21 – 23, September, 2010.
* International Conference on the Built Environment, Covenant University, Ota. January 2006.
* National Conference on Management of the Lagos Region, Department of Geography, University of Lagos, Nigeria. 15-16 June, 2005.
* African Union of Architects (AUA) Triennial Conference held at Nicon Noga Hilton Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria. 23-28 May, 2005
* Association of Architectural Educators in Nigeria (South Western Zone) Seminar on Research Methods in Architecture held at Obafemi Awolowo Conference Centre, Ile-Ife. April 14, 2005.
* Covenant University Management organized seminar on Effective Teaching in Higher Education held in Covenant University, Ota. April 1, 2005
Summary of Profile
Arc. Alagbe has a passion for academic research and teaching. His field of research interest and specialization include housing and indigenous building materials study; sustainable construction and development; Teaching methods and educational assessment; and architectural history. He has attended many conferences and has to his credit publications in journals both nationally and internationally.
His membership of professional associations include; full member, Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA); full member, Association of Architectural Educators in Nigeria (AARCHES) and a registered architect with the Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON).
He is happily married to Arc. (Mrs) Taiye Alagbe and the union is blessed with two sons; Dotun & Dieko.