Dr Winifred Anake
B.Sc (Applied Chemistry), M.Sc (Analytical Chemistry), Ph.D (Environmental Chemistry),MCSN, MRSC
- Atmospheric Fine Particle Pollution and Control
- Greenhouse Gases Emission Inventory and Reduction Strategies
- Source Apportionment of Pollutants
- Environment Risk Assessment
- Educational Outreaches on Sustainable Environment
Awards & Honours
- Visiting Research Scholar Award: CAS-TWAS Centre of Excellence for Green Technology (CEGT) Scholarship, (2015)
- Most Outstanding Faculty, Department of Chemistry, Covenant University, (2012/2013).
- SOLAS Fellowship Award: 5th International SOLAS Summer School, Cargese, Corsica, France, (2011).
- SCOR Travelling Grant Award: Travelling grant award by Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research, to attend 5th SOLAS International Summer School, Corsica, France, (2011).
Environmental Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Petroleum Chemistry, Quality Control, Analysis of Selected Materials, Seminar, Fertilizer and Agrochemicals,
Analytical Chemistry for non-Major, e.t.c.
Selected Publications (19)
5. Equilibrium Studies of the Reaction of Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) Haemoglobin Sulphydryl Groups with 5,5′-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate): Tertiary Conformational Change in Turkey Haemoglobin Induced by Inositol hexakisphosphate.[ Download 1.17 MB ]
2.3rd Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues CU-ICADI 2016, 9th -11th May 2016, Ota, Nigeria.
3.37th International Conference of Chemical Society of Nigeria held at Ibom Hall, Uyo, Nigeria, September 8-12, 2014.
4.Covenant University Chemistry International Conference on Turning the Knowledge of Science into Development‟ held at Covenant University, July 9-10, 2014.
5.2nd National conference of Women in Physics/Inauguration of Women in Science and Technology [WST], Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria, May 21-24, 2013.
6.Fifth International Conference on Surface Ocean Lower Atmosphere Study, Cargese, Corsica, France. August 29- September 10, 2011. Poster Presentation “Air-sea seasonal CO2 fluxes in near shore waters of Gulf of Guinea, Atlantic Ocean”
7.27th International Conference of the Chemical Society of Nigeria held in Benin. September, 2004. Chemistry-Resources Utilization and Industrial Development.
Summary of Profile
She has a number of scientific papers in International peer-reviewed journals and proceedings to her credit. Her current research interests are in atmospheric fine particle pollution control, greenhouse gases emission inventory & reduction strategies, source apportionment of pollutants, environmental risk assessment, and educational outreaches on sustainable environment in the communities and industries.