Professor Charles Ayo
Computer and Information Sciences
Ph.D (1999), M.Sc (1993), B.Sc (1984)
Data Communications & Networking, Mobile Computing, Software Engineering, Electronic & Mobile Commerce/Business and Electronic & Mobile Government.
Awards & Honours
- The Best Graduating student in Computer Science ABU 1984.
- The Development in Nigeria Education Merit Award 2007 (DINEMA 2007).
- Ford Foundation Teaching Innovations Award 2009.
- Senior African Research Fulbright Fellowship Award, 2012.
- The Best Vice-Chancellor among the Private universities in Nigeria, 2014.
System Analysis and Design, Programming Languages, Operating System, Numerical Computation, Object Oriented Programming, Internet Programming, Data Communication and Distributed Processing, Data Structures and Information Processing, Management Information System, Database Management and Design and Warehousing, Mathematical Tools for Management, Operational Research and E-Commerce Technology.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
1. Dr. Ikhu-Omoregbe N, Integrated Mining of Heterogeneous data in Decision Support Systems (2007).
2. Dr. Obe Joseph, Media Professionals’ Use of ICT for Advocacy of the Millennium Development Goals in Lagos and Ota, Nigeria, 2008.
3. Dr. Daramola Olawande J,A Software Product Line Approach to Ontology-Based Recommendations in e-Tourism, 2009.
4. Dr. Obamiro John K., Queuing Network Analysis of Patient Flows and Resource Allocation in Nigerian Public Hospitals.
5. Dr. Abiodun Abolaji J., A Quantitative Model of Efficiency of Healthcare Facilities in South west Nigeria: A Case Study of Ekiti and Kwara States of Nigeria.
6. Dr. Azeta Ambrose,Development of a Framework for an Intelligent Voice-Enabled E-Education System
7. Dr. Oladipupo Funke, A Fuzzy Association Rule Mining Approach to Rule Based Expert System Knowledge Acquisition for Medical Expert System
8. Dr. Adebiyi Ariyo, A Model of Stock Prediction Based on Soft Computing and Hybrid Market Indicators.
9. Dr. Fatudimu Ibukun T., Integrated Mining of Heterogeneous data in Decision Support Systems.
10. Dr. Amusan Lekan Murtala, Neural Network-based Cost Predictive Model for Building Works.
11. Dr. Omogbadegun Z. Oni, A Framework for Collaborative Virtual Complementary and Alternative Healthcare System.
12. Oni Aderonke A, A framework for an Interactive and Strategic E-Democracy Implementation in Nigeria.
Ongoing Ph.D Supervision (1 Candidate)
13. Emebo Onyeka, A pedagogical framework using social networking for e-learning implementation.
M.Sc. Candidate 27
MBA Candidate over 101
PgD Candidate over 63
B.Sc. Candidate over 170
Selected Publications (54)
2. International conference of Computer Association of Nigeria Series CONADEV ’94, Ilorin, 1994.
3. International conference of Computer Association of Nigeria Series, TREND – COM ’96, Kaduna, 1996.
4. International conference of Computer Association of Nigeria Series, MIT ‘97, Ibadan, 1997.
5. e-Nigeria conference on meeting the Millennium Development Goals. International conference center, Abuja, 2004 Lagos
6. 5th European conference of e-Government, Antwerp, Belgium, 2005.
7. 1st International conference on Human Development at covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.2005.
8. International conference on The Built Environment: Innovation, Policy, and Sustainable Development, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.2006.
9. 1st International conference on New Trends in the Mathematical and Computer Sciences with Applications to Real World Problems (NTMCS 2006), Covenant university, Ota,Nigeria.2006.
10. 1st International Conference and Workshop on 3G GSM & Mobile Computing: An Emerging Growth Engine for National Development, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.2007.
11. Workshop of the Committees of Directors of Academic Planning of Nigerian Universities (CODAPNU), FUT, Yola. 15th – 18th Oct. 2008.
12. NATCOM-UNESCO 2-Day Workshop on UNESCO Fellowships for Chief Executives of Universities and Parastatals held on 5th – 6th February, 2009, NCCE, Abuja.
13. Bench Mark on Standard Model of Student Support Services and Facilities in Nigerian Universities on 10th and 11th March, 2009, NUC Abuja.
14. NUC Workshop on Training of Staff of the Nigerian University System on Techniques of University Ranking and the Introduction of International Accreditation into the Nigerian Accreditation System on 21st – 22nd April, 2009, NUC, Abuja.
15. Workshop on ICT for Teaching on 6th May, 2009, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
16. Academic and Research collaboration presentations at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CAPUT), University of Western Cape (UWC), Tshwane University of Technology (TUT), all in South Africa.
17. International Conference on ICT for Africa, 2010, Yaounde, Cameroon, 25th – 28th March, 2010.
18. NUC/AAU Regional Capacity-Building Workshop on Institutional Quality Assurance Systems, Principles, Practices and Problems, 7th to 8th April, 2010.
19. NUC Coordination Meeting of the Mock Institutional Accreditation, 28th July, 2010
20. e-Payment Training Workshop for the Federal Ministry of Justice, Organised by Goldtrust Investment & Security Company Ltd. Aug. 16 – 21, 2010.
21 Nyerere: Supporting Academic Mobility and Revitalisation of Higher Education in Africa, Cape Town, South Africa, Nov 23-24 2010.
22. International Conference on ICT4Africa, Covenant University, Ota, March 23rd – 26th 2011.
23. Joint Anie/BC/NUC Conference on Internationalisation of Higher Education in Africa, Oct 25-26, 2011, Abuja, Nigeria.
24. 17th International Business Information Management Association Conference, November 14 - 15, 2011, Milan, Italy.
26. 5th International GUIDE Conference on E-Learning Innovative Models for the Integration of Education, Technology and Research, Rome, Italy, 18 – 19 Nov. 2011.
27. National Conference on Teaching & Research Innovation in Nigerian Universities, 18 – 19 April, 2012, Redeemers University, Mowe, Ogun State.
28. IDC organized Cloud Computing & Datacenter Roadshow 2012, 9 May, 2012, Eko Hotel, Lagos.
29. 7th International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training (e-Learning Africa 2012), 23rd- 25th May, 2012, Palais des Congrès de Cotonou.
30. Google Faculty Training Workshop, 25th to 27th June, 2012, Crown Plaza Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.
31. CHABAD Partners’ Conference, New York City, Nov. 24th Nov. 2014
32. Regional Conference on Innovative Approaches to Higher Education Research in Africa, Lome – Togo, 26 – 28 Nov. 2014
33. The African Higher Education Summit: Revitalizing Higher Education for Africa’s Future, Dakar Senegal, March 2014.
34. 10th International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training (e-Learning Africa 2015), 20th- 22nd May, 2015, AU Secretariat, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.