Professor Omolara Bamgboye
B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D (University Of Nottingham, U.K.)
Professor Bamgboye’s research interests lie at the interface of organic, inorganic and analytical chemistry. They focus largely on the chemistry of new or unusual bonding arrangements. The chemistry of the main group elements is highly varied and provides an excellent domain in which new functional group chemistry can be built. A brief look at some of the research “firsts” from her works demonstrates how the varied chemistry of the main group elements is utilized and the broad scope of new information she has contributed to science. Many of these contributions are illustrated with the novel structures produced by her research in her early days. She is also an accomplished administrator with experience spanning close to four decades.
General Chemistry 1
Analytical Chemistry 300 Level
Advanced Analytical Chemistry 400 Level
Advanced Analytical Chemistry 700/800 Levels
Inorganic Spectroscopy 400 Level
Inorganic Chemistry Techniques 700 & 800 Levels
Basic Inorganic Chemistry 200 Level
Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy 400 Level
Physical Organic Chemistry 400 Level Basic Electro-Chemistry 300 Level
Quantum Chemistry 400 Level
Inorganic And Environ: Chemistry Courses at the M.Sc. Level
Environmental Pollution and Control 700 & 800 Levels
Environmental Audit 700 & 800 Levels
Waste Management 800 Level
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Selected Publications (12)
2. Complexation behaviour of caesium and tetramethylammonium trichlorostannates(II) with 7,7,8,8-tetracyanoquinodimethane and of tin(IV) chloride with Δ2,2′-bis(5-methyl-1,3-benzodithiolidene) and Δ2,2′-bis(1,3-diphenylimidazolidene)[ Download 55.93 kB ] [Visit]
2. Omolara A. Bamgboye, Medinat O. Osundiya, Daniel A. Adeniyi and Ibrahim, O. Abdulsalam (2010), The Chemical Analysis of Wetland Around Iba Community in Lagos State, Nigeria, by Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy. PITTCON Conference and Expo March 2010.
3. Omolara A. Bamgboye, Olusegun Ayejuyo, Abayomi Odemuyiwa, Medinat O. Osundiya C. Ogwu (2009). Determination of some Elements in Soil and Ground Water in Ojota, Lagos by Inductively Coupled Plasma-mass Spectrometry. PITTCON Conference and Expo. 2009. March 8-13, 2009.
4. Ogwu C. Bamgboye, O. A. Bakre S. and Osundiya O. M. (2009). Characterization and Quantification of Heavy Metals in Surface Water of Okpai (An Oil Bearing Community) Niger Delta, Nigeria using A. A. S. PITTCON Conference and Expo. 2009. March 8-13, 2009.
5. University of Lagos 4th Annual Research Conference and Fair (2009)
a. Bamgboye A. Omolara, Osundiya, M., Olubunmi and Fabian Etukakpan. Wetland Chemistry of the Lagos lagoon
b. Bamgboye O.A, Bakare, S, Ojo.O., Afolabi A, Ogwu, C., Ogunbiyi and Ojiako, E.O. Implications of deforestation on soil nutrients of Lagos State.
6. Chemical Society of Nigeria Annual Conference (2005). Synthesis, Vibrational and Mossbauer Spectral of Tin and lead Derivatives of Amino Acids
7. Faculty of Science, Lagos State University Annual Conference (2004). The Wetlands of Lagos State
8. Lagos State Government/Lagos State University Centre For Environmental Science And Education 2nd International Seminar on Basic Concepts And Applications of Environmental Science And Biotechnology, Lagos (1996) Seasonal Variations in The Levels of Heavy Metals And Anions in Lagos State.
9. Science Association Of Nigerian Conference Akure (1990). Synthesis, Vibrational, N.M.R. and Mossbauer Studies of Diorganotin Complexes with 4-Sulphonly Amino Acid Derivatives.