Dr Lily Chimuanya
Ph. D, M.A (English), B.A(ed) English.
Stylistics, Nigerian English, Sociolinguistics, Semantics and Pragmatics, Pidgins and Creoles Studies and Corpus Linguistics.
Sociolinguistics, Semantics/Pragmatics, Nigerian English, Syntax, Pidgins and Creoles Studies, Stylistics and Corpus Linguistics.
Selected Publications (4)
2. Ajiboye, E., Uba, E. & Chimuanya, L. (2014). Discursive Construction of Borders in Online Feedback Platforms. Paper Presented at ISA World Congress of Sociology (July 13-19, 2014), Yokohama, Japan
3. Igwebuike, E.; Abioye, T & Chimuanya, L. (2014). A Pragma-Semiotic Analysis of ‘‘Occupy Nigeria Group’’ Online Posts on the 2012 Fuel Subsidy Removal of Nigeria. Paper Presented at ISA World Congress of Sociology (July 13-19, 2014), Yokohama, Japan
4. Workshop on Conflict Management and Resolution July, 2014 – (Attended as a Facilitator)
5. Chimuanya, L., Eyisi, J., Joshua, I., Omunagbe, D., Ojo, K, Demurin, D. (2015). Global Education and Language: Proposing a Universal Variety of English as Medium of Instruction. Paper Presented at GPE International Conference on Global Education Issues (China, 2015)
6. Awonuga, C. & Chimuanya, L. (2016). An Investigation of the Syntactic Devices in Selected Nigerian Preachers’ Sermons. Paper Presented at FULNESA National Conference (Oct. 26th - 29th, 2015)
7. Ajiboye, E. & Chimuanya, L. Negotiating Identity and Membership in Online Discussion Forums: A Study of Nairaland. Paper Presented at 2nd Idowu Shobowale International Conference on Communication (Oct. 25th - 28th 2015)
8. Certificate in Leadership Development (CLD, May, 2016) – Attended as a Participant
9. Chimuanya, L., Ajiboye, E. & Uba, E. (2016). Lexical Trends in Selected Online Nigerian Pentecostal Texts. A Paper Presented at IFESAN (50th Anniversary) 2016 (Sept. 5th – 8th, 2016)
10. Chimuanya, L.; Awonuga, C. & Ugboko, E. (2017). Type Amen or Perish on Facebook! An Emerging Christian Religious Terrorism. A Paper Presented at the 3rd International Conference ComSymbol on Religion(s), Secularity(ies), Society(ies) and the Digital Humanities Turn. Paul Valery University of Montpellier, France. (Nov. 9-10, 2016)
11. Uba, E., Chimuanya, L., Ajiboye, E. & Fortress, I. (2017). The Role of GSP in Developing Critical Thinking Skills in Students in Nigerian Universities. A Paper Presented at the National GSP Conference, Redeemers University, Ede (30th – 31st May, 2017)
12. Uba, E. & Chimuanya, L. (2017). Recurrent Patterns of Leetspeak among Selected Nigerian Secondary School Students: A Literacy Investigation. A Paper Presented at the 10th Pan-African Literacy for All Conference, organized by Reading Association of Nigeria (RAN); International Literacy Association (ILA) and International Development Committee for Africa (IDC-A). August, 27th – 31st, 2017.