DR. CYRIL EHI-EROMOSELE
PhD, M.Sc, B.Sc
His research interest lies in the application of physical principles and measurements to materials. This includes the synthesis, structural and physical characterization as well as potential applications of new materials with a variety of physical, chemical and magnetic properties. He is also interested in the fields of Corrosion and Adsorption Studies and Environmental Chemistry- multi-media fate and behaviour of pollutants, focusing on the sources, emissions, environmental transfers and cycling of persistent organic pollutants. He is presently investigating the synthesis, characterization and applications of magnetic nanoparticles in Hyperthermia treatment for cancer, catalysis and adsorption studies.
Awards & Honours
Travel Award for the 4th Science of Global Prostate Disparities (SGCaPD) Conference, University of Florida, USA, 9-12 November, 2016 [not utilized].
The Most Outstanding Ph.D Graduate, College of Science & Technology in 2015 Graduating set
Visiting Researcher Award, International Centre for Materials Science, JNCASR, Bangalore, India.
Best Lecturer (2013), Department of Chemistry, Covenant University.
Best Level Advisor, Department of Chemistry, Covenant University 2012.
Covenant University Centre for Research & Development (CUCERD), PhD Research Grant 2012/2013.
I have taught and supervised the following courses and practicals at various times:
CHM 111 - General Physical Chemistry
CHM 119 - General Chemistry Practical 1
CHM 129 - General Chemistry Practical 11
CHM 212 - Basic Physical Chemistry
CHM 223 - Industrial Physical Chemistry
CHM 226 - Experimental Physical Chemistry
CHM 316 - Heat Transfer
CHM 413 – Industrial Chemistry Laboratory 2
CHM 425 - Ceramics & Composite Materials
Selected Publications (26)
15. Equilibrium Studies of the Reactin of Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) Haemoglobin Sulphydryl Groups with 5,5′-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate): Tertiry Conformatinal Change in Turkey Haemoglobin Induced by Inositol hexakisphosphate.[ Download 1.17 MB ]
• Ehi-Eromosele C.O., Ita B.I., Iweala E.E.J. (Oral Presentation). Synthesis and Magneto-structural Properties of Silica Coated Ag-Doped Manganite Nanoparticles as Potential Heating Agents in Magnetic Fluid Hyperthermia Applications presented at the 39th International Conference of Chemical Society of Nigeria, Port Harcourt, Rivers State 18-23 September, 2016.
• Ehi-Eromosele, C.O., Olugbuyiro J.A.O., Taiwo O.S., Ango C.E. (Oral Presentation). Synthesis and Evaluation of the Antimicrobial Activity of Cobalt substituted MgFe2O4 Nanoparticles presented in the 2nd International Chemistry Conference, Covenant University, 8-11 July, 2016.
• Ehi-Eromosele C.O., Ita B.I., Iweala, E.E.J., Ogunniran, K.O., Siyanbola, T.O., Adekoya, J.A., Edobor-Osoh A. (Oral Presentation). Synthesis, Characterisation and pH-Responsive Controlled Release Studies of 5-Fluorouracil Drug from Silica Coated La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 Magnetic Nanoparticles presented at International Chemistry Conference, University of Lagos, February 15-17, 2016.
• Ehi-Eromosele C.O., Ita B.I., Iweala E.E.J., Edobor-Osoh, A. (Oral Presentation). Silica Coated La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 Magnetic Nanoparticles for Anti-cancer Therapeutics: Synthesis, Characterisation and pH Responsive Controlled Drug Release Studies. AUSTECH International Conference – Materials Science and Engineering Symposium, African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, October 12-13, 2015.
• 2nd Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues (CU-ICADI), Covenant University, Ota, Ogun, Nigeria, 11th – 13th May, 2015.
• In-Housing Lecture presentation titled “NOTAP Training on Intellectual Property Right (IPR) Management and Patenting” by Resource Persons on Wednesday 14th to Friday 16th May, 2014 at Covenant University, Nigeria.
• Workshop and Lecture presentation titled “Grant Writing and Research Methods” by Prof. Victor W.A. Mbarika, on Tuesday 20th to Wednesday 21st May, 2014 at Centre for Learning Resource, Covenant University, Nigeria.
• Presentation on Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Workshops and Lecture presentation by Dr. Elewechi Okike (CEO of Academic for Excellence in Education, U.K.) on Friday 22nd August, 2014 at ALDC, Covenant University.
• Ajanaku C.O., Okonjo K.O., Ehi-Eromosele C.O., Edobor-Osoh A. (Poster Presentation). Equilibrium Studies on the Reaction of 5,5́ – Dithiobis(2-Nitrobenzoate) with Bovine Haemoglobin. Best Poster in the 1st International Chemistry Conference, Covenant University, 2014.
• Ita B.I., Ehi-Eromosele C.O., Edobor-Osoh A., Ikeuba A.I. (Oral Presentation). Three Papers Presented at the Sixth Conference of the Euro – American Consortium for Promoting the Application of Mathematics in Technical and Natural Sciences, Albena, Bulgaria, June 26 – July 1, 2014.
• Obinna, C.N., Flynn, W.P., Thuy T.A., Olukayode, O.A., Ayano, T., Ajanaku K.O., Siyanbola T.O., Ehi-Eromosele C.O., Adekoya, J.A. (Oral Presentation). Biodegradation of Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons using Indigenous Strains of Bacteria for Sustainable Soil Development. International Conference on Science and Sustainable Development in Nigeria, Faculty of Science, University of Ibadan, 2013.
• 16TH Mandatory Training Workshop of Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria. Theme: Sampling Techniques and Sample Analysis, Modern Trends held at Welcome Centre and Hotels, Lagos on 20-21 November, 2012.