Dr. IDOWU KIKELOMO EVBUOMA
Lecturer 1 (Psychology/Counselling)
Ph.D Personnel Psychology; M.ED Guidance and Counselling; B.ED Education and Guidance and Counselling; N.C.E French and English
Employee Motivation, Organizational Work Performance, Behaviour in Organization, Work - Life Balance; Gender/ Women Studies, Wives’ Employment, Adolescence, Parenting, Interpersonal Communication, Health and Basic Environmental Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Children, Elderly, and Psycholinguistic issues in French and English Languages.
Psychology of Vocational Behaviour
Psychology of Personnel Management
Interpersonal Processes and Communication
Basic Environmental Psychology
Principles and Practice of Counselling
Practicum in Counselling
Organization of Counselling and Support Services In Different Contexts
Organizational Psychology/Organizational Behavior
Special Needs and Counselling
Psychological Aspects of Leadership
Selected Publications (8)
1.Evbuoma, I.K. (2013). Adolescence, Puberty, and Propensity for Sexual Activeness: Implication For Counselling Intervention. Paper presented at the Annual Lagos CASSON Conference; November, 2012.
2. Okuwa, O.B, and Evbuoma, I.K. (2013). Marginal Willingness To Pay For Higher Education In Oyo State: Socio-Economic and Psychological Perspectives. Paper presented at the Seventh Regional/Tenth Anniversary Conference of Higher Education Research Policy Network (HERPNET) themed “Higher Education For A Globalized World” held September, 17-21, 2012.
3.Evbuoma, I.K. (2013). Family friendly Support Services and Work Performance:
Does Work Experience Matter? Paper presented at 2013 South West Conference of Nigerian Psychological Association, themed Indigenous Psychology, Public Policy, and National Transformation. February 26-27, 2013.
4. Alao, A.A., and Evbuoma, I.K. (2012). The Changing Roles of Adults. Paper presented at the 30th International Congress of Psychology, Cape Town, South Africa themed ‘Challenges and Opportunities of Global Ageing in modern technological Era: From Adolescence to Adulthood to Elder Adulthood’; themed Higher Education For A Globalized World. July 22-27, 2012.
5.Evbuoma, I.K.(2010). ‘Remediating the Old People’s Home Prototype by Elder Daycare Facility: A Concept in Elderly Care Initiative for Adoption In The Nigerian Context. Paper Presented at the Conference of Network For Health, Education, and Welfare of Special People, themed ‘Adult and The Aged’; May 10-13, 2010.
Other Conferences Attended
6. Workshop on Alternative Research Paradigm; Organized by Covenant University in consonance with Psychology Department themed Counselling for Governance; February 14-17, 2011.
7. International Conference/Roundtable on Governance. Organized by Covenant University, Nigeria, College of Business and Social Sciences, themed Roundtable on Governance; March,10– 13, 2009.
8. National Conference on Counselling for Governance; Organized by Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON). Themed Counselling for Governance August,2007.
Summary of Profile
In addition to employee support and counselling, Dr.Evbuoma is passionate on young people’s wellness, adjustment, and fulfillment. She had been in counseling practice for upward of 3 decades in dual roles - school counselling and teaching. She had been trained in and taught French and English Languages, teaching in Schools and Colleges in Nigeria (1984 to 1998) prior to her doctoral training. She has had considerable wealth of experience counseling with students, prior to and following the First and Masters degrees earlier in her Educational and Counseling Careers.