Dr Anthony Ede
PhD (Composite Mat Civil Structures, UniSalento, Italy), M. Sc. (Civil-Structural Engineering, Alma Mater Studiorum-Università di Bologna- Italy),
CURRENT RESEARCH FOCUS
- i. STRUCTURES: Structural Health Monitoring, Dynamics of Structures, Damage Assessment and Building Collapse, Finite Element Modelling and Design of Iconic Buildings, Software for Structural Analysis and Design.
- ii. INNOVATIVE CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS: Construction Materials’ Characterization, Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Composites, Waste to Wealth of Construction Materials.
Awards & Honours
- The Italian Ministry of University and Research Affairs scholar - MIUR (September 2002 –August 2005)
- The George Washington University (USA) Visiting Research Scholar awards (September 2004 – August 2005)
- COURSES THOUGHT:
Undergraduate Courses for 300, 400 and 500 levels of Civil Engineering and Building Technology Departments of Covenant University
- CVE311 - Theory of Structures I
- CVE321 - Theory of Structures II
- CVE323 - Design of Structures I
- BLD315 - Structural Analysis,
- CVE320 - Civil Engineering Analysis
- CVE413 - Design of Structures II
- CVE417 - Structural Mechanics
- CVE512 - Structural Engineering
- CVE531 - Advanced Structural Engineering I
- CVE541 - Advanced Structural Engineering II
- CVE523 - Design of Structures III
- EDS Practical: Tilling and basic Civil Engineering Works
Postgraduate Courses (for Civil Engineering and Architectural Students)
13. CVD614: Structural Analysis
14. CVD624: Advanced Structural Analysis
MSc PROGRAM for Civil Engineering and Architecture Departments
15. CVS815 - Simulation and Modelling.
16. CVS810 – Advanced Structural Analysis
17. CVS813 – Plastic Analysis and Design
18 CVS814 - Probabilistic – based Structural Analysis and Design
19. CVS823: Bridge Engineering
20. ARC813: Advanced Building Structures
21. CVS 911 Advanced Properties of Construction Materials
22. CVS 917 Recent Development in ICT and Computer Applications
Current Postgraduate Supervision
PhD in Structural Engineering
Selected Publications (42)
i. A.N. Ede, G.O. Bamigboye, B.U. Ngene, (2015). “Nigerian Failed Developmental Strides: Can Agriculture Break the Jinx?”, 26th International-Business-Information-Management-Association Conference Location: Madrid, SPAIN, NOV 11-12, 2015, pp. 4265-4272. CPCI/THOMSON REUTERS INDEXED.
ii. A.N. Ede (PhD), O.M. Olofinnade and P.O. Awoyera, (2015). “Innovative Use of Momordica angustisepala Fibers for Improved Strength of Recycled Concrete”, Proceeding, International Conference on African Development Issues (CU-ICADI) 2015: Material Technology Track, ALDC, Covenant University, Ota-Nigeria, 11-13 May 2015, pp. 141-147. INDEXED
iii. Solomon A. Isiorho, David O. Omole, Samuel A. Ogbiye, David O. Olukanni, Anthony N. Ede and Isaac I. Akinwumi. Study of Reed-Bed of an Urban Wastewater in a Nigerian Community, proceeding, IASTED’s Environmental Management and Engineering Conference, Banff, Canada from July 16 through July 18, 2014. (SCOPUS INDEXED).
iv. David O. Olukanni, Anthony N. Ede, Isaac. I. Akinwumi and Kolawole O. Ajanaku (2013). Environment, Health and Wealth Issues of Municipal Solid Waste, Management in Southwest Nigeria: The Example of Ota, Ogun State, Proceedings, International Business Information Management Association (IBIMA) 22nd IBIMA Conference “Creating Global Competitive Economies – 2020 Vision Planning and Implementation” 13 – 14 November 2013, Rome, Italy. (CPCI INDEXED CONFERENCE)
v. Anthony Nkem Ede (2011). Impacts of Overloads on the deterioration of Nigerian Roads.9th National Civil Engineering Meeting” Abuja 2011”.
vi. Anthony Nkem Ede (2010). “Structural Stability in Nigeria and Worsening Environmental Disorder: the Way Forward”. The West Africa Built Environment Research Conference Accra Ghana, July 26-28, 2010, pp 489-498.
vii. Anthony Nkem Ede, Barbara Bonfiglioli, Giovanni Pascale Guidotti Magnani, Erasmo Viola, (2004) “Dynamic assessment of damage evolution in FRP strengthened RC beams”, International Conference on Restoration, Recycling and Rejuvenation Technology for Engineering and Architecture Application, RRRTEA04, June 7-11, 2004, Cesena, Italy, pp. 155-163, (Sih& Nobile edd., Aracne ed.), [Cl. Oss. Ric.C4]. SCOPUS INDEXED
viii. 1st Covenant University International Conference on the African Development Issues (CU-ICADI) (with two Nobel Prize Winners in Economics namely Professor Eric S. Maskin of Harvard University and Professor Thomas J. Sargent of New York University as lead speakers), at African Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University, Ota from 5th to 6th May 2014.
ix. Innovative Building Construction in the 21st Century, an Interactive Forum for the Built Environment held at Eko Hotel and Suits Victoria Island, Lagos on the 30th of April 2013.
x. 2012 Distinguished Public Lecture of the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers on “Roads and Bridges as Infrastructure: Economic impact on Lagos State” delivered by Engr. Dr Kadiri Hamzat, held at Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja - Lagos on 5th July 2012.
xi. International Workshop and Training in mathematical Modelling, Neural Network, Data Mining and Scientific Computation with Maple and Matlab; 23-27 May 2011 @ Covenant University, Ota.
xii. Distinguished Lecture: Sustaining the Vision 2020 through Construction- Stakeholder Participatory approach by Professor Stephen Ogunlana University of Lagos, Akoka Yaba, Lagos State. 10th February 2010.