Dr. Segun Fatumo
2. Computational Biology
3. Genetic Epidemiology/Genome Wide Association Study
4. Expert System
Awards & Honours
1. International Society for Computational Biology Travel Fellowship to attend ISCB Africa Bioinformatics conference on infectious disease 30th Nov -3rd Dec, 2009, Bamako, Mali
2. International Society for Computational Biology Travel Fellowship to attend Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) 2009, Stockholm, Sweden.
3. Cornel Medical College Award to attend the New York City Computational Biology PhD Student Event from 24-26 July, 2008 at Weill Cornel Medical College, New York, USA
4. The United State National Science Foundation (NSF) Travel Fellowship to attend Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) 2007, Vienna, Austria.
5. French Government Grant to attend the International Conference on the Bioinformatics of African Pathogens and Disease Vectors, Nairobi, Kenya 28th May to 2nd June, 2007
6. Federal Ministry of Education and Research Germany (BMBF) for one year Postgraduate Bioinformatics training course at the Cologne University Bioinformatics Center, University of cologne (12,000 Euro).
7. WHO/TDR Fellowship to participate in the second training course on functional Genomics of insect vectors of Human disease, MRTC Bamako
8. Exceptional Academic Level Adviser 2008/2009 session College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota (June 2009)
9. Lecturer of the year (CST), 2008/2009 session College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota (March 2009)
10. Best Lecturer of the year (CIS)- 2007/2008 session, Computer and Information Science department, Covenant University, Ota ( May 2008)
11. Employee of the year 2002: “Tagged TopTwo”, Online systems, Limited, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria (December 2002)
1. Numerical Computation/Analysis/Methods
2. Mathematical Methods
3. Computer Logic and Circuit design
4. Analysis of Algorithm
5. Introduction to Bioinformatics
Current Postgraduate Supervision
1. Chinwe Ekenna (2009). Computational Characterization and Evaluation of Some Malaria Drug Targets. MSc Project, Covenant University, Ota