Dr. Oluyemi Oyenike Fayomi
Senior Lecturer: Ag. HOD, PSI
Ph.D. International Relations
Migration, Diaspora, Regionalism, Gender, e-Governance, Conflict Resolution, Environmental and Developmental Issues
Awards & Honours
•Visiting Fellowship at McMaster University, Department of History, 2012.
•African Fellow, American Political Science Association (APSA) 2012, University of Gaborone, Botswana.
- Carnegie Fund for Conference Attendance (CFCA,, 2015) IIE Program No.: F602100, Grantee ID: G08012647
- AABD, Track 9, Best Paper Award, 2013.
- Centre for International Governance and Innovation (CIGI), 2012.
- Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR), 2011/2012
- Social Science Research Council (SSRC) Award , Carnegie Corporation, New York, for Doctoral Thesis, 2011
- Grant from VAD, University of Mainz, Germany, April, 2010
- CODESRIA Grant for Thesis Writing, 2010
- Covenant University Doctoral Research Grant, 2010
- Grant from International Sociological Association (ISA), 2010)
- Grant from International Political Science Association (IPSA) Santiago , Chile, 2009
- Grant from IHDP and United Nations University, Bonn, 2008
- OIEAHC Travel Grant from Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, USA. 2007
- Travel Grant from Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), 2007.
a) Participation in teaching of undergraduate Students – POS 413- Gender Issues in World Politics, GST 222: Conflict and Conflict Resolution , Irl 321- Diplomacy and Modern Diplomatic Practice, Irl 425- Racism and Ethnicity in International Relations, IRL 423- Regionalism and Regional Integration, STS 412-Negotiation: Theory and Practice, IRL 417-Asia in World Politics
b) Teaching of Postgraduate students in International Relations
c) Engaging in research (individual/collaborative) and presentations in academic conferences/workshops;
d) Supervision of 400 level students’ final year research project;
e) Level Adviser to 400 Level Students;
f) Chair, Event Committee in the College of Leadership Development Studies
g) Sub-Cluster head, Conflict Resolution of e-Governance and e-Business Research Cluster
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Ph.D International Relations
Selected Publications (2)
African Borderlands Research Network 2013 Winter Summer School, Gaston Berger University, Saint-Louis, Senegal, 8-12, January, 2013
American Political Science Association, (APSA) Africa workshop, 2012, University of Gaborone, Botswana.
Multi-Method Research Course (MMRC) organised by Partnership for African Social and Governance Research, Nairobi, June 2, 2012.
International Conference on Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection, Ota, September, 2010.
International Sociological Association (ISA) World Congress, Gothenburg, Sweden, July 10-17, 2010.
African Studies Association in Germany (VAD) Conference, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany, 7-11, 2010.
Human Dimensions Workshop, 11-16 October, 2008, New Delhi, India.
International Conference on the Abolition of the Slave Trade on “The Bloody Writing is forever torn”7-11 August 2007. Accra, Ghana.
Ecological Integrity and Sustainable Society Conference, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, June 23-27, 2007.
International Society of Quality of Life Conference (ISQOL 2006),
“Prospects for the New Millennium” July 17th – July 21st Grahams town,, South Africa.
Fourth Regional Inter-Disciplinary Colloquium on “The Political, Social
and Health Implications of Trafficking of Women and Children in Africa” June 14th – 17th, 2006, Markurdi, Benue State.
Regional Inter-Disciplinary Colloquium on “Building Women Against Violent Situations” 8th – 11th June 2005, Markurdi, Benue State