Dr. EBUKA IGWEBUIKE
B.A (Hons), English (Second Class Upper); M.A (English Language); PhD (English Language)
(Critical) Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Media and Conflict Discourses.
Awards & Honours
(1) African Humanities Dissertation Fellowship Award of the American Council of Learned societies (ACLS)/African Humanities Program (AHP) - 2012.
(2) CODESRIA Small Grants Programme for Thesis Writing - 2012
(1) The 5th year African Humanities Fellowship Applications Consultation Workshop of the American Council of Learned Societies held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan between 27th and 28th June, 2012.
Paper Read: A Critical Discourse Analysis of Media Representations of The Nigerian-Cameroonian Bakassi Peninsula Border Conflict
(2) Ife English Language, Literature and Communication Conference with the theme: Language, Literature and Communication in the Globalised and Digital Age held at the Conference Centre, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State between 20th and 23rd August, 2012.
Paper Read: Language of Violence in News Reporting: A Critical Discourse Analysis of Online Readers’ Reactions to the News of Violence in the Nigerian Media (Co-Presented with ALO, Moses)
(3) The Nigerian Humanities Society One-day Workshop on Research Proposals for Pre-doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities held at the College of Humanities and Culture, Osun State University, Ikire Campus on October 4, 2012
(4) 27th Annual Conference of the Nigeria English Studies Association (NESA) with the theme: Towards the Codification of Nigerian English held at the College of Development Studies Conference Room, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria between 2nd and 5th November, 2010.
Paper Read: The Grammaticality and Acceptability of Nigerianisms: Implications for the Codification of Nigerian English. (Co-Presented with ALO, Moses)
(5) Media and Diversity Reporting of Conflict Workshop organised by Information Aid Network (IFAnet) was held between 15th and 18th February, 2009 at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.
(6) International Conference in African Literature (IICAL) with the theme: The Muse as Archivist: African Literature Alternative History, organised by the Department of English, University of Ibadan held between 3rd and 6th of July 2008 at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.