Dr. Adenike Esther Idowu
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D Sociology
Maternal and child health and sexual reproductive health issues, religion and health, gender studies and human development and social policy and social work.
Awards & Honours
Grant From Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA)
Social Psychology I and II, Sociology of Health and Illness Behaviour,
Medical Sociology,Child Development and Research Methods
• Nigerian Anthropological and Sociological Association (NASA), Annual Conference, November 3-5, 2015. Theme: Democracy, Livelihoods and Social Order. Held in University of Lagos, Akoka,Lagos State
• 11th International Conference on Urban Health, Manchester, United Kingdom. March 4th –March 7th 2014
- Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) Annual Writing Workshop for Scholarly Publishing, Kampala, Uganda, 9-13 December 2013.
• The Nigerian Institute or Medical Research 3rd Annual Scientific Conference, November, 2011.
• Nigerian Anthropological and Sociological Association (NASA), Annual Conference, August 2011. Theme: The Social Dimension of the Nigerian Democratizing Process.
• Workshop on Alternative Research Paradigms and indigenous Knowledge promotion, Covenant University, ota 2011.
• 8h Annual Conference of Nigerian Sociological Society, African Leadership Forum (ALF) Conference Centre, Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria.
• Leadership Certificate Course (LCC) Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI), World Mission Agency (WMA), Canaan-land, Otta, Ogun state, Nigeria.
• Towards a Total Graduate (TTG) 2007, Covenant University, Otta, Ogun state, Nigeria
Summary of Profile
She is a young and growing scholar and has some publications to her credit in reputable journals. Her topics of research include maternal and child health, religion and health, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, gender and development.
Adenike Idowu has successfully supervised some undergraduate projects. She is a dynamic scholar, driving by her passion for contribution.