Dr. Victor Olugbemiga Matthews
Ph.D,MSc,. SATELLITE TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM,
ADAPTIVE SMART ENERGY IN COMMUNICATIONS,
COVERT SURVEILLANCE ELECTRONICS,
M2M & IoT SYSTEMS.
Awards & Honours
1) Got the Federal Scholarship Award in 1980 to study telecommunications at the Federal school of telecoms, Oshodi.
2) In 1984, got the federal Government Scholarship under the bureau for external aids to study Computer Engineering.
3. In 1984, the only Nigerian that won the UNESCO fellowship award (IPDC) to study Telecommunication Engineering (Among the five in the whole world).
4. In 1991, won the Ukrainian Ministry of Education Scholarship Award to study Satellite Communication Engineering at Ph.D. level.
5. In 2001, won the ERICSSON Scholarship award to study Mobile Telecommunications Systems in Sweden and Switzerland respectively.
6. In 2007, became a corresponding member of the Ukrainian Academy of Science.
6. In 2011, won the Strategic Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development Fellowship Award.
Satellite Telecommunications,Cyberpreneurship and Technopreneurship,
Information Theory and Coding,
Current Postgraduate Supervision
i. SWEETWILLIAMS, Olubunmi Faith: “An Automated Remote Controlled IOT Enable agricultural Vehicle”
ii. AJALA, Adebayo O.: “Development of A Smart City Automobile Recognition System For Canaanland ”
iii. OLOWONONI, Felix Opeyemi: “Implementation of a Wireless Bank Surveillance System with a Nomadic Monitoring Unit”
iv. ADETIBA, Emmanuel: “Implementation of A Software-Based Nomadic Base Station (NBS)”
i. OLOWONONI Felix O.:- “Automatic Modulation Techniques Recognition in Nigeria Wireless Air Space Using Machine Learning”.
ii. FALADE, Adesola :- “Crime Detection and Management Using IoT & Big Data Analytics”
iii. Engr. UZUARE, Stanley :-“Pairwise similarity Analysis of Fingerprint Minutiae Feature Extraction Using Sonar and Rader Equations”
iv. ETINOSA Noma-Osaghae :-“Optimization of Spase-Array Blind Deconvolution Using Frequency Difference Beamformimg in Underwater Communication with the aid of Phase Lock Loop”
Implementation of a Wireless Bank Surveillance System with a Nomadic monitoring unit.
Intelligent City Wide Automobile Detector
Selected Publications (24)
Summary of Profile
ii. ODESSA TELECOMM INSTITUTE ODESSA, UKRAINE 1985 – 1990
iii. ODESSA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE ODESSA, UKRAINE 1984 – 1985
iv. SCHOOL OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, OSHODI, LAGOS 1980 – 1983
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES:
i. PhD (Telecommunication Engineering) 1996
ii. B.Sc. & M.Sc. (Wireless Radio Communication, Broadcasting & Telecommunication) 1990
iii. Certificate in Teaching Russian Language 1990
iv. C&G Telecommunication Technical Course (1&2) 1981
v. General Certificate of Education 1980
vi. West African School Certificate (WEAC) 1978.