Prof. Sanjay Misra
Professor of Computer Engineering
M.E./M.Tech(Soft Engg), Ph.D.(Information Engg-Uni of Alcala, Spain)
Information Engineering, Software Engineering, Web Engineering, Software quality assurance, Software Process Improvement, Software project management, Object oriented technologies, XML, SOA, Web services, cognitive informatics, artificial intelligence, neural network, health Informatics, e-learning, cloud computing and cyber security.
Awards & Honours
Current award: '2014 INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING and TELLECOMMUNICATION SOFTWARE PREMIUM AWARD' for BEST PUBLISHED IN LAST 2 YEARS
Provided By : IET Software, Institute of Engineering and Technology, UK Paper Title: Framework for evaluation and validation of software complexity measures, S. Misra ; I. Akman ; R. Colomo-Palacios, IET Software, Volume 6, Issue 4, 2012, p. 323-334. The IET has one Premium Award available per journal to recognise the best research papers published during the last two years. The award is worth £500. Additionally the paper will be available to download free of cost for 1 year.
- 15th International Conference on Computational Science and Applications (ICCSA 2015), June 22 - 25, 2015 in Banff, Alberta, Canada in collaboration with the University of Calgary.
Topic: A Measurement Framework for Software Metrics
2. International Conference on Soft Computing, Intelligence Systems, and Information Technology ICSIIT 2015, March 11-14,2015 (Springer) Bali Indonesia http://icsiit.petra.ac.id/
Topic: Data Mining Model for Road Accident Prediction in Developing Countries
3. IEEE International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technology, NGCT-2015, September 4-5, 2015 Dehradun India
Topic: Software Quality Assurance: A Big Challenge for Next Generation Computing
4. 4th IEEE Int. Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technology and Optimization (ICRITO 2015) 3-4 September, Amity University, Noida, India
Topic: How to Improve the quality in ICT researches
5. International Symposium on Advanced Computing and Communication 2015 (ISACC 2015) . Assam University, Silchar, India 14-15 September, 2015.
Topic: How to Validate Software Metrics
6. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technology, March 5-7,2015 in India
Topic: Improving quality in ICT researches.
7. National Summit on Education for Peace and Development, on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
Topic: Transformation in Education and Sustainable Development: Emerging Issues
8. 3rd International Conference on 'Transformation in Education and Sustainable Development: Emerging Issues.' in Federal College of Education, Okene, Kogi State, Nigeria.
Topic: Swot analysis of the Applicability of cloud computing in the Nigerian education landscape
2014:1. IEEE Asia-Pacific World Congress on Computer Science and Engineering 2014 (APWC on CSE 2014) in Fiji on 4-5th November 2014.
Topic: Implementing Software Quality Assurance
2. International Conference on Science, Engineering and Management Research(ICSEMR 2014) from 27 to 29 November 2014 at Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. (IEEE Sponsored and Publications).
Topic: Role of Measurement Theory in Software Complexity Metrics
3. IEEE 2014 The International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN 2014) Udaipur – 14-16 Nov 2014
Topic: 'Improving Quality in Indian Researchers working in ICT related branches'
4. GSCIT 2014 Global Summit on Computer & Information Technology(4 conferences together), from 14-16 June, in Sousse, Tunisia.(IEEE Publication)
5.International Conference on Recent Trends on Computer Science and Engineering 2014, 9-10 Feb 2014,Central University of Bihar (International Speaker),Patna, India http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLnDO0Zleo
6. International Conference on Computational Linguistics And Integrated Classical Knowledge – Rediscovered, 12-13 Feb, 2014 Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India(Plenary Lecture) Topic: Cognitive Complexity Metrics in Object Oriented Environment http://sankaracollege.edu.in/news/pdf/244b23fPROGRAMME%20SCHEDULE.pdf
2013: 1. IEEE ICAST 2013
CSIR Int Convention Center Pretoria, South Africa. 25-27 ovember 2013
2.The International Conference on Web Engineering and Application-2013 (ICWA-2013) Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India from 18-21st December, 2013
3.International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences Beijing China, 22-23 May (Elsevier IERI Procidia)
Software Engineering Object oriented analysis and design, Intelligent Software Systems, Software Architecture, Software Quality Assurance and Testing Techniques Research Methodology Technical writing
Selected Publications (17)
1. International Workshop on Software Engineering Processes and applications(SEPA) : Publisher Springer in Lecture Notes in Computer Science
2. International Workshop on Software Quality (SQ): Publisher Springer in Lecture Notes in Computer Science
3. Tools and Techniques in Software Development Process :Publisher IEEE CPS
Summary of Profile
He is a software engineer and previously held academic positions at Federal University of Technology Minna, Nigeria, Atilim University, Turkey, Subharati University, and UP Technical University India.
Research Area: His current researches cover the areas of: Software quality, software measurement, software metrics, software process improvement, and software project management, object oriented technologies, XML, SOA, Web Services, and cognitive informatics. He is author of more than 200 papers in these areas and got several awards for outstanding publications. He is chair of several annual international workshops (Software Engineering Process and Applications (Springer), Tools and Techniques in Software Development Process (2009), (2010), (2011), (2012) (IEEE), Software Quality (2009) (IEEE), (2011), (2012) and Software Metrics and Measurement (2009) (IEEE)) in area of Software Engineering. Presently, he is chief editor of in International Journal of Physical Sciences and “International Journal of Computer Science and Software Technology” (IJCSST) and serving as editor/ associate editor/ editorial board member of several journals of international repute.