NWINYI Obinna , Dr.
B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D (MIPAN, MNIFST)
Growth studies and Molecular characterization of bacterial isolates associated with biodegradation of poly-nuclear aromatic hydrocarbons in selected polluted soils.
Organic pollutants degradation/ impacts of heavy metals.
Organic and medicinal plant Research
Awards & Honours
- Honorary Citizen of Nebraska, United states of America: Awarded by the Governor and people of Nebraska USA.
- Selected participant, Greening the planet : Global challenges and local solutions, 10-13 February,2011 ,Nashville, Tennessee, sponsored by US Department of state USA.
- Certificate of Achievement, First place position, Awarded by Director, Office of Academic Exchange Program,Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs ,United States Department of State USA ,October,23,2010.
- Selected participant, Pre-academic Fulbright orientation ,University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA. 2010.
- Selected participant, Global Food Security Seminar Lincoln Nebraska, 20-24 October,2010 sponsored by US,Department of State, USA.
- Prestigious Fulbright Fellowship Award 2010-2011
- Best Lecturer Microbiology 2007/2008 Academic session. Students voting/rating
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Award by University of Lagos, Lagos 2001-2002
Basic Biological techniques
Laboratory practice in Microbiology
Analytical Microbiology and Quality Control
Waste water Microbiology
Fermentation/Substrate –enzyme Biotechnology
MCB 818 Petroleum Microbiology
MCB 803 Methods in Environmental impact Assessment
MCB 825 Soil Microbiology and Plant growth
MCB 823 Advanced Environmental Microbiology
MCB 915 Environmental Biotechnology
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Selected Publications (32)
20. Synthesis, physical properties, antimicrobial potentials of some mixed antibiotics complexed with transition metals and their effects on alkaline phosphatase activities of selected rat tissues (2008)[ Download 166.74 kB ] [Visit]
14th mandatory training workshop role of public analysts towards achievement of the millennium development goals (mdgs) 15th -17th November, 2011
Nwinyi Obinna C. (2010) 11th Mandatory training workshop on the use of high precision instruments in laboratory analysis.Ikeja 27th -28th April,2010.
Nwinyi obinna C. (2010) Euro- ICT forum Addis Ababa –Ethiopia www. euroafrica-ict.org.sigma-.com/forum2_attendees.php –
O.C Nwinyi, I.O. Leo-akpan , B.O. Alade, O.B Oladele (2010) Isolation and Characterization of indigenous aerobic bacterial isolates capable of utilizing Askarel (PCB blend) as carbon source in tropical ecosystem. International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS)
10th Mandatory workshop on Quality Assurance in laboratory management Ikeja Lagos 10th-11th November, 2009.
Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology Investiture /Conference Yola Adamawa State 14th-15th October, 2009.
International Training Workshop on Molecular Biology and Applied Biotechnology Covenant University July 28-August 2, 2008.
8th UNAAB Summer course in practical Biotechnology
University of Agriculture Abeokuta 9th- 20th October, 2006.
Pattern Discovery in Biology International workshop Covenant University, 2005.