Associate Professor TEMIDAYO VICTOR OMOTOSHO
Associate Professor / HOD Physics
B.Tech (Physics Electronics), M.Tech and Ph.D (Radio & Satellite Communication Physics)
1. Satellite to ground radio wave Propagation impairment in Tropical locations
2. Satellite Radio wave Propagation Modeling (At Ku Band & above) for African State Capitals.
3. Climatic parameter modeling for Africa Using TRMM Satellite Data.
4. Satellite Remote Sensing.
5. Daily variability in the Geomagnetic Variations in the low latitude in Tropical locations.
6. Developments of Program codes in Matlab 7.0 for earth-space propagation impairments
7. Climate change
8. Renewable Energy: Copper solar cell, Mini-wind turbine, and Mini- hydroelectric power.
9. Ozone variability
10. Space weather and Space Technology
Awards & Honours
Scholarships Awards and Honours
1. Staff development program, Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) for Graduate assistance, Master of Technology 2000-2003
2. Staff development program Covenant University Ota for assistance lecturer, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), 2004-2008
3. Best Lecturer in Science TECH Week (June 2008)
4. Post Doctoral Fellow in the Institute Of Space Science Department Of Electrical, Electronic And System Engineering Faculty Of Engineering & Built Enviroment University Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 Ukm Bangi, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia (Dec 2010 – Dec 2011)
Postgraduate Teaching Areas
1. Radio wave propagation
2. Introduction into Space Physics
3. Space Physics and Space Weather
4. Advance satellite communication
5. Advance Satellite remote sensing
6. Research Methodology
Undergraduate Teaching Areas
1. Electricity and Magnetism I, Heat, Waves and Optics, and
2. Experimental Physics I (Error analysis) 100 level students.
3. Electricity and Magnetism II, and
4. Advance Experimental Physics II 200 level students.
5. Basic Analog and Digital Electronics I, 200 level Students.
6. Introduction to Digital electronics and Telecommunication 300 level Students.
7. Electrical measurement, and instrumentation,
8. Electronics II, Operational Amplifiers, 300 level Students.
9. Electronics Practical’s 100 to 400 level Students
10. Matlab Programming for physicist 100 to 400 level Students
11. Control Systems 400 level Students
12. PLC programming 400 level Students
13. Remote sensing
14 Quantum Physics
15. Introduction to Special theory of Relativity
Undergraduate Students Project Supervision till date
Total Number of students: 60
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Postgraduate Teaching Areas
1. Radiowave Propagation
2. Space Physics and Weather
3. Ionospheric Physics
4. Control systems
5. Advance Satellite Remote sensing
6. Advance Satellite Communication
Presently supervising three PhD students in Radiowave Communication Physics: 2015/2016 session.
1. Akinwumi S.A Ms.c (Communication Physics) Graduated 2013
2. Adewusi M.O Ms.c (Communication Physics) Graduated 2013
3. Onwuemene M. Ms.c (Communication Physics) Graduated 2014(2014)
4.Ogurinola Iyanu Oluwa Ms.c (Communication Physics) Graduated 2015
5. David Ms.c (Communication Physics) first semester 2015
Currently supervising Three PhD students 2014-2017
Selected Publications (21)
15. BOOK PUBLICATION (2010): Studies of Propagation Impairments on Earth Space Path For Fixed Satellite links at Microwave Frequencies in Nigeria. ISBN:978-3-8433-7131-5 LAP LAMBERT Academic publishing GmbH & Co.KG and licensors[Visit]
1. Omotosho T.V (1997) Design and construction of Home program sender at FM Band, B. Tech, Project.
2. Omotosho T.V (2003) Rain Induced Propagation Effects on Satellite Telecommunication in some Tropical Locations, M. Tech. Thesis
3. Omotosho T.V (2008) Studies of Propagation Impairments for Fixed Satellite Communication Links At the Microwave Frequencies in Nigeria, Ph.D. Thesis
B. LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
List of Books
1. T.V Omotosho (2010) Studies of Propagation Impairments on Earth Space Path for Fixed
Satellite links at Microwave Frequencies in Nigeria. ISBN: 978-3-8433-7131-5 LAP LAMBERT Academic publishing GmbH & Co.KG and licensors
List of Patents
2. A solar power AC generator aimed to solve power problem in Nigeria (Filled in Abuja)
List of Publications in Learned Journals
3* Omotosho T.V., Moses E. Emetere, Arase O.S (2015) “Mathematical Projections of Air Pollutants Effects Over Niger Delta Region Using Remotely Sensed Satellite Data” International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences (IJAES)
4* Dilip K.De, Olawole Olukunle, and Victor Temidayo Omotosho (2015)”Theoretical Study of a Large Scale Solar Energy Storage System” Energy, Materials and Nanotechnology, Springer.
5* Obiyemi, O.O., Omotosho T.V. Oguntuase V.A. and Tijani (2015) “Experimental Assessment of Cellular Mobile Performance along Railway Corridor” Covenant Journal of information and Communication Technology July 2015 (CJICT)
6* Dilip De, Temidayo V. Omotosho, Moses Emetere (2015) “New formulation of
Magnetization Equation for Flowing Nuclear Spin under NMR/MRI Excitation (1)” Bulletin
of the American Physical Society, Vol. 60 Issue 2
7* T.V Omotosho, E.S Joel, O.O Adewoyin (2014) “Investigation Of Carbon (Ii) Oxide Pollution In Seven Stations Of Nigeria Through Remote Sensing” Covenant Journal of Physical and Life Sciences (CJPL) Vol. 1, No. 2. May, 2014
8* Omotosho T.V, M.L Akinyemi J.S Mandeep and M. Abdullah (2014) “Total Atmospheric absorption of Fixed Satellite Communication signal due to oxygen and water vapor in Nigeria”. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 56, No. 2, April 2014,
ISSN 1045-9243/2012/$26 ©2014 IEEE.
9* Willoughby, A. A., Omotosho, T. V. and Aizebeokhai, A. P. (2014): A simple resistive load I-V curve tracer for monitoring photovoltaic module characteristics. The fifth International Renewable Energy Congress IREC’ March 25-27, Hammamet, TUNISIA, 2014978-1-4799-2195-9/14/$31.00 © 2014 IEEE.
10* T.V Omotosho, E.S Joel (2014) “Modification of a Normal Radio Controlled (RC) Car to a Solar (RC) Car” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research IJSER Volume 5 issue 11 November 2014, ISSN 2229 – 5518.
11* Omotosho T.V, J.S Mandeep and M. Abdullah (2014) “Cloud Cover, Cloud Liquid Water And Cloud Attenuation At Ka And V Bands Over Equatorial Climate”
METEOROLOGICAL APPLICATIONS Volume: 21 Issue: 3 Pages: 777-785
Published: JUL 2014
12* Temidayo Victor Omotosho,, Jit Singh Mandeep, Mardina Abdullah (2013) “Cloud attenuation studies of the six major climatic zones” of Africa for Ka and V satellite system design” ANNALS OF GEOPHYSICS, 56, 5, 2013, A0568; doi:10.4401/ag-6342.
13. Omotosho T.V, J.S Mandeep and M. Abdullah, (2013) “Distribution of One-minute Rain Rate in Malaysia Derived from TRMM Satellite Data” Ann. Geophys., 31, 2013–2022,
2013, doi:10.5194/angeo-31-2013-2013 Impact Factor (IF): 1.518
14. Omotosho Temidayo Victor, Jit Sign Mandeep and Mardina Abdullah (2013). “Impact Of Cloud, On Fixed Satellite Communication Links On Earth-Space-Path, At Ka, And V-Band In The Africa Continent”. ISSN: 2049-3444 © 2013 IJET Publications UK Vol. 3. No 1 Jan 2013. Impact Factor (IF) 0.9387
15. Ojo J.S and Omotosho T.V. , (2013) "Comparison of 1-minute rain rate derived from TRMM satellite data and rain gauge data for microwave applications in Nigeria" Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics 102 (2013) 17–25 Impact Factor:1.596
16. T.V. Omotosho, A.A. Willoughby, M.L Akinyemi, J. S. Mandeep, and M. Abdullah (2013)
“One Year Results of One Minute Rainfall Rate Measurement at Covenant University, Ota, Southwest Nigeria” IEEE Proceedings, 978-1-4673-5233-8/13/ ©2013 Impact Factor (IF) 6.810
17. A.A. Willoughby, T.V. Omotosho and J.S. Mandeep (2013) “Some Preliminary Results of the Fine Structure Profiles of Radio Refractivity Near the Surface at Ota, Southwest Nigeria”. IEEE Proceedings, 978-1-4673-5233-8/13/ ©2013 ©2013 Impact Factor (IF) 6.810
18. Temidayo V. Omotosho, Aderemi A. Atayero (2012), Impact of Atmospheric Gases on Fixed Satellite Communication Link at Ku, Ka and V Bands in Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering and Technology ISSN 2049-3444 Volume 2 No. 2, February Impact Factor (IF): 0.9387
19. Semire, Folasade Abiola, Rosmiwati Mohd-Mokhtar, Omotosho, Temidayo Victor,
WidadIsmail, Norizah Mohamad and JS Mandeep (2012) “Analysis of Cumulative
Distribution Function of 2-Year Rainfall Measurements in Ogbomoso, Nigeria”
InternationalJournal of Applied Science and Engineering, Int. J. Appl. Sci. Eng.,
2012. 10, 3 171 .
20. Omotosho, T.V., J.S .Mandeep, and A. Mardina (2011), Cloud-Cover Statistics and
Cloud Attenuation at Ka- and V-Bands for Satellite Systems Design in Tropical Wet Climate. IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1194-1196. Impact Factor (IF): 1.374
21. Omotosho T.V, J. S. Mandeep and M.Abdullah (2011) “Atmospheric Gas Impact on Fixed Satellite Communication Link A Study of its Effects at Ku, Ka and V Bands in Nigeria” IEEE Proceedings, 978-1-4577-0564-9/11/ ©2011 Impact Factor (IF) 6.810
22. T.V. Omotosho, E.B. Babatunde (2010) Study of Cloud Impact on Fixed Satellite Communication Link at Ku, Ka and V Bands in Nigeria. Australian Journal of Basic
and Applied Sciences, 4(8): 3287-3298, 2010 ISSN 1991-8178 © 2010, INSInet
Publication (Australia) Impact Factor (IF): 0.9387
23. M.L Akinyemi, T.V. Omotosho (2010) Signature of Atmospheric Dynamics on Surface Ozone Variability in Nigeria Canadian Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences (CJPAS) SENRA Academic Publishers, Burnaby, British Columbia Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 1289-1292, October 2010 Online ISSN: 1920-3853; Print ISSN: 1715-9997 Impact Factor (IF): 4.63
24. T.V Omotosho and C.O Oluwafemi (2009) One-minute rain rate distribution in Nigeria derived from TRMM satellite Data. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics 71 (2009) 625-633 (UK) Impact Factor (IF): 1.596
25. Omotosho T.V., Oluwafemi, C.O., (2009) Impairment of radio wave signal by rainfall on
fixed satellite service on Earth space path at 37 stations in Nigeria. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, doi:10.1016/j.jastp.2009.03.016 (UK) Impact Factor (IF): 1.596
26. T.V Omotosho and M.O Ajewole (2005) Rain Induced Propagation Effects on Satellite
Telecommunication in some Tropical Locations, Nigeria Journal of Physics, and Vol.17 pages 233-244. (Nigeria) Impact Factor (IF): unknown
27. A.B Rabiu and T.V Omotosho (2003) Solar Activity and Total Ozone variation in Lagos Nigeria, Nigeria Journal of pure and applied physics, Vol.2 No.1 pages 17-20
ISSN: 1596-0862. (Nigeria) http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/njpap.v2i1.21433
Note: Journals Marked “**” listed (3 to 12) were published after my last promotion interview in July 2013
MANUSCRIPT SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION
1. O. M. Adewusi, T. V. Omotosho, S.A. Akinwunmi, O. O. Ometan (2015),”Investigation of Low Clouds Attenuation on Earth Space Path for some West-Africa Stations” IEEE Proceedings 2015 International Conference on Space Science & Communication
2. Moses E Emetere, Victor T. Omotosho, Jit .S, Mandeep, M. Abdullah (2015); “Modeling of Magnetic Loop Antenna for an Improved Rockets/Spacecraft Communication Operation” IEEE Proceedings 2015 International Conference on Space Science & Communication
3. S.A. Akinwumi, T.V. Omotosho A.A Willoughby, J. S. Mandeep, M.Abdullah, (2015) ”Monthly and Seasonal Variation of Surface Radio Refractivity and Water Vapour Density for 48 Stations in Nigeria” IEEE Proceedings 2015 International Conference on Space Science & Communication
4. Emetere Moses E, De D.K, Omotosho T.V, Olawole O.F and Olawole O.C; (2015) “A Mathematical Model for Improving the Mechanism of Satellite Antenna” IEEE Proceedings 2015 International Conference on Space Science & Communication
5. T.V Omotosho, J. S. Mandeep and M.Abdullah (2015) “Earth-Space Rain Attenuation Prediction: its Impact at Ku, Ka and V-band Over some Equatorial Stations” Journal of Earth Science and Engineering
6. T.V Omotosho, M. Abdullah, S. A Bahari , J.S Mandeep (2015) “Observation of the Total Electron Content for 14-GPS stations in Malaysia during the annular Eclipse of 15th of January 2010” International Journal of Astrophysics and Space Science
7. Mandeep, J.S, Omotosho, T. V , Adediji, A.T, and Mahamod Ismail (2015) “Comparing Rain Gauge Data with TRMM Precipitation over Some Locations in Malaysia” Journal of Earth System Science
8. T.V Omotosho, A.A Willoughby, J. S. Mandeep and M.Abdullah (2015)“Tropospheric Scintillation and its Impact on Earth-Space Satellite Communication in Nigeria” Journal of Earth Science and Engineering
9. T.V Omotosho, M.L Akinyemi, Emetere Moses E , J. S. Mandeep and M.Abdullah (2015) “Mathematical Investigations of Gas Flare Constituents in Oil Producing Regions of Malaysia” IEEE Proceedings 2015 International Conference on Space Science & Communication
Summary of Profile
He was a POST DOCTORAL FELLOW INSTITUE OF SPACE SCIENCE IN JAN -DEC 2011, Department of Electrical, Electronic and System Engineering
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING & BUILT ENVIROMENT
UNIVERSITY KEBANGSAAN MALAYSIA, 43600 UKM BANGI,
SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN, MALAYSIA