Professor Joseph Olugbuyiro
B.Sc Chemistry; M.Sc Organic Chemistry; M.Sc Pharmacognosy; PhD; MICCON; FASM; MRSC, MACS
Phytochemical & Biological Studies of Natural Products; Anticancer plant research, Antioxidant studies, Antimicrobial Plant Drugs Research, wound healing & phytotherapy, Phytocosmetics, Natural products Pharmacological Studies...
Awards & Honours
1. The Lagos State Research and Development Council (LRDC) Grant Award (2014)
2. 2009/2010 Impact Journal Scholars’ Award, Covenant University (2010)
3. Outstanding Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry, Covenant University (2010)
4. American Society for Microbiology International Fellowship Award (2008)
5. National Agip Oil Company Scholarship Award (1992-1993)
Selected Publications: see CV
Natural Products Chemistry, Pure organic Chemistry /Industrial Organic Chemistry:
Cosmetics and Detergents Chemistry/Phytocosmetics
Pulp and Paper Technology Industrial raw material Resources
Entrepreneurial Development Studies /Workshops (Soaps and Cosmetics)
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Research area: anticancer plant drugs
Selected Publications (15)
2. Second zonal conference, exhibition and workshop (South West Zone), Chemical Society of Nigeria, at Abeokuta Ogun State.
3. 38th Chemical Society of Nigeria Annual International Conference at Abuja in Nigeria; September 7-11, 2015.
4. 7th Int’l Biotechnology Conference, Exhibition & Workshop 2017 Organised by Dept of Biological Sciences Covenant University, at CUCRID, Canaan Land; Ota.
5. Hands-on workshop/International Conference, Organised by Department of Chemistry Covenant University at Centre for learning Resources, Ota, Nigeria.
6. West African Network of Natural Products Research Scientists (WANNPRES), 5th Scientific Symposium Theme: Tackling non-infectious disease with medicinal plants and natural products, MicCom Golf Hotels & Resort, Ada, Osun State, Nigeria; August 6-9, 2012.
7. Biotechnology for Health and Sustainable Development Conference organized by the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Ibadan. July 23-27, 2012.
8. 2nd Natural Product Research Colloquium and Guest Lecture organized by the Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. October 20-21, 2008. Theme: ‘From Nature to the Clinic: Global Trends in Drug Discovery and Development’
9. 7th Annual Oxford International Conference co-sponsored by The University of Mississippi, The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR-India) and The society for Medicinal Plant Research (GA). Oxford, MS; USA. April 12-16, 2008. Theme: “The Science of Botanicals & American Society of Pharmacognosy”
10. “Plant Antimicrobials and the Challenges of Staphylococcus Aureus” Seminar paper, UI; 2006.
11. “Antifungal Activity of Flabellaria paniculata Cav.” Research paper @ Nigerian Society of Phamacognosy Conference, Zaria 2005 p. 80.