Dr. David Omole
Associate Professor & Director, Vice Chancellor's Office
B.Eng (Civil); MPA; M.Eng; Ph.D (Water Res. & Env. Eng); MNSE; R.Eng
* Water quality, re-aeration coefficient modeling and assimilative Capacity Study (ACS) of Surface water bodies
* Water Supply
* Water and waste-water treatment and technology
* Solid Waste Management
Awards & Honours
- Post-doctoral fellowship award 2013/2014 session. Department of Civil Engineering, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Knowledge, Interchange and Collaboration (KIC) Travel Grant (UID: 90988). 2014 academic session. Courtesy: National Research Foundation, South Africa. Award date: 24 March 2014.
- Invitation by Oxford University Press to a review panel for the text: Physical Geology Today, authored by Damian Nance (Ohio University) and Brendan Murphy (Francis Xavier University). Held at Hyatt Regency Hotel, Vancouver, Canada on 21st October 2014.
- Invitation to chair the session on: Sustainable development and Climate change effects at the 5th IASTED African Conference on Environment and Water Resource Management (AfricaEWRM 2014), Gaborone, Botswana,September 1 - 3, 2014.
- PhD Research Grant: IFS Ref: W/4852-1; Courtesy: International Foundation for Science (IFS), Sweden, 2010/2011 Academic Session. Award date: 28 January 2010.
- Invitation to chair the session on: Alternative and sustainable energy sources at the Seventh African Roundtable on sustainable consumption and production (ARSCP), Accra, Ghana. 20-24TH MAY 2012.
- Best Lecturer Award; Courtesy: Association of Civil Engineering Students (ACES), Covenant University; 2012/2013 Academic Session
- Best Lecturer Award; Courtesy: Association of Civil Engineering Students (ACES), Covenant University; 2009/2010 Academic Session
- Outstanding Faculty in Lecture Delivery in Civil Engineering Department; Courtesy: College of Science and Technology, Covenant University; 2009/2010 Academic Session
- Best course adviser, 2010/2011 Academic session. Courtesy: College of Science and Technology, Covenant University.
1. CVE 517 (Engineering Systems and Design)
2. CVE 524 (Engineering Management and Law)
3. CVE 418 (Engineering Economics)
4. CVE419 (Surface and groundwater Hydrology)
5. CVE 411 (Civil Engineering Practice)
6. CVE 314 (Engineering Geology)
7. CVE 322 (Soil Mechanics)
8. CVE 318 (Strength of Materials II)
9. GEC 224 (Strength of Materials I)
10. CVW812 (Water Resources Management)
11 CVW 822 (Environmental Pollution and Control)
12. SOI401T (Soil and Groundwater Pollution)
13. HDL401T (Hydraulics)
14. MNC101T (Civil Engineering Management 1)
15. CVD613 (Engineer in society)
16 CVD615 (Soil Mechanics)
17. CVD625 (Geotechnical Engineering)
18. CVS915 (Advanced Simulation and Modeling)
19. CVW810 (Water & Wastewater Engineering)
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Ph.D (6 students)examiner (on-going)
M.Eng (1 student) main supervisor (completed)
Selected Publications (22)
15. Effect of industrial effluents on water quality of River Atuwara in Ota, Nigeria. In Adeyemo, R. (ed), Urban Agriculture, Cities and Climate Change. Cuvallier Verlag, Gottingen, Germany, ISBN: 978-3-86955-813-4, pp.272-280[Visit]
2. Workshop on Capacity Building for Engineering and Technology Educators that is being organised by the African Engineering Education Association (AEEA). May 18-20, 2015, University of Lagos, Akoka Yaba, Lagos.
3. Geological Society of America Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada. October 19-23, 2014.
4. National Groundwater Association (NGWA). April 28 – May 2, 2013, San Antonio Texas, USA.
5. Isiorho, S. A., Sundquist, P.H. and Omole, D.O. (2012). Passing on the Baton to Future Water Resources Scientists & Engineers in Developing Nations. Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs. Vo. 44, No. 7, pp. 118. Geological Society of America 2012 Annual Meeting and Exposition. November 4 – 7, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
6. Seventh African Roundtable on sustainable consumption and production (ARSCP),Accra, Ghana. 20-24TH MAY 2012.
7. Sixth International Conference on Application of Information and Communication Technologies to Teaching, Research and Administration (AICTTRA), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State. September 11 – 15, 2011.
8. International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State. November 16 – 18, 2011.
9. Omole, D.O. and Isiorho, S.A. (2008). Waste Management and Water Quality Issues in Coastal States of Nigeria: The Ogun State Experience. 1st Postgraduate Researchers’ Conference on ‘Meeting Environmental Challenges in the Coastal Region of Nigeria.’ 29 – 30 September, 2008 Dundee, United Kingdom.
10. Refresher course of Nigeria Society of Engineers, Engineering Close, Victoria Island, Lagos, 2005.