Dr. Asotie Conrad Omonhinmin
B.Sc (Hons.), M.Sc. Ph.D (Benin)
- Bioinformatic analysing of anti-fungal PR-5 thaumatin-like protein in Unexploited West African Plants
- Proteomic and genomic study of 1116 seed species of 20 families
- Proteomic and genomic study of 500 tree species
- Genetic Diversity and Ethnobotanical study of Dacryodes edulis in Southern Nigeria
- Genetic Diversity and Ethnobotanical study of Moringa oliefera in Southern Nigeria
Cell Biology and Living Processes, Genetics and Evolution, Plant Diversity, Fundamentals of Ecology, Introduction to Biotechnology, Biosystematics, Biotechnology (Plant, Agricultural, Pharmaceutical, Environmental), Pharmacology and Medicinal Biology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Methods in Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Molecular Forensic Science, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Functional Genomics, Biotechnology in Sustainable Energy, Bio-ethic, Bio-safety, Patents and Regulations in Biotechnology, Economic Botany, Bioresources Management.
Postgraduate (M.Sc & Ph.D)
Applied Bioresources Management, Biotechnology Applications in Sustainable Energy, Molecular methodologies, Molecular Plant Systematics, Advanced Microbial genetics, Advanced Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Protein Structure Analysis, Medicinal Plants and Cosmetics.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2. Less Valued Oils To Biodiesel: Production And Life Cycle Assessments. Ph.D Thesis, AYOOLA, A.A.
Selected Publications (12)
2. Omonhinmin, A.C. 2012. Open Access in Africa –Issues and Questions. Open Access Africa, 2012; 04 - 05 November 2012, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa.
3. Omonhinmin, A.C. & Ogunbodede, O.O. 2012. New Industrial and Nutritional Products Search: The Place of Proteomic Analysis of Fabaceae Seeds. In: "Biotechnology as a Tool for National Peace & Development" Biotechnology Society of Nigeria 25th Annual National Conference, 27th – 31st 2012, Abuja, Nigeria.
4. Omonhinmin C.A & Idu, M. 2012. Seed Ergastic Analysis – Diversity and Prospective Starch Sources for Nutritional and Industrial Applications. In: “Plants; Conserve to Use, Use to Conserve”. 21ST Annual Conference of the Botanical Society of Nigeria (BOSON) 3rd - 7th June, 2012, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
5. Popoola J.O., Adegbite A.E. & Omonhinmin A.C. 2012. Genetic diversity and Ethnobotany of Moringa oleifera in Nigeria: Morphometric evaluation of some accessions. In: “Plants; Conserve to Use, Use to Conserve”. 21ST Annual Conference of the Botanical Society of Nigeria (BOSON) 3rd - 7th June, 2012, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
6. Taiwo S.O, Omonhinmin A.C., Oranusi S.U, Abah, S.E. 2011. Antimicrobial resistance and susceptibility profiling of four pathogenic organisms using UV irradiation. 19th Annual International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology and 10th European Conference on Computational Biology 2011 (ISMB/ECCB), 17 - 19 Jul 2011, D13.
7. Omonhinmin, A.C. 2011. Improving the Benefits of the Open Access Platform for African Researchers: The Awareness Factor. Open Access Africa 2011, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Ghana, 25 - 26 October 2011.
8. Osamor, V.C., Adebiyi, E.F., Omonhinmin, A.C., Dike, I.P. 2010. Standard PCR-Based Detection of Malaria Infection at The Liver Stage. 2nd International Biotechnology Symposium, Book of Proceedings, 23rd – 26th March 2010, Covenant University Canaan Land, Ota, Nigeria 2010. pp. 72.
9. Eni, A. O, Dike, I.P, Omonhinmin, A.C., Chinedu, S. N, Ogunlana, O. O, Fatumo, S. A, Adebiyi, E. F, Adebayo A. 2009. In-silico development of PCR primers for detection of endogenous para-retroviruses & episomal viral sequences. 17th Annual international conference on the Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) and 8th European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB) 27th June – 2nd July 2009 Stockholm, Sweden 2009 http://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2009/poster_list.php?cat=D
10. Dike, I.P., Omonhinmin, A.C., E. F. Adebiyi, A.O. Eni, S. N. Chinedu, F. Ibikunle, I. Ekwejobi, O.O. Ogunlana 2009. In-silico analysis of prospective African strains of algae for bio-diesel production. 17th Annual international conference on the Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) and 8th European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB) 27th June – 2nd July 2009 Stockholm, Sweden 2009 http://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2009/poster_list.php?cat=J
11. Omonhinmin, A.C., I.P. Dike, P.C. Ekenna, E.F. Adebiyi, S. Chinedu, O.O. Omotosho, A.O. Eni. 2009. In-silico prediction and analyses of anti-fungal PR-5 thaumatin-like proteins in Thaumatococcus daniellii. 1st International Biotechnology Symposium, 28th – 30th April 2009, Covenant University Canaan Land, Ota, Nigeria 2009. pp. 28
12. Chinedu S. N., Omonhinmin, A. C., Dike I, Omotosho O, Osamor V, Oyelade O, and Adebiyi E. 2008. Species Level Characterization of Thaumatococcus daniellii: Reevaluating Morphological evidences via In-Silico Studies. Poster Proceedings. International Society for Computational Biology, ISMB conference, Toronto, Canada. July 18 - 23, 2008.
Summary of Profile
He is senior faculty with Covenant University, Nigeria and he is at the forefront of driving products relevant researches and currently leading plant naming and germplasm collection of indigenous economic plant species in Nigeria. An acclaimed Biometrics, who believed greatly on applied sciences; He currently involved in researches in Bioinformatics, Restaurant effluents stabilization and control as well as molecular characterization of African Bush pear (Ube). He is actively involved in Open access advocacy for better African contribution and he is the Co-ordinator of Open Access Nigeria aimed at improving the awareness and productive participation of researchers and institutions in Africa.