2010/2011 Check In Procedure For FRESH STUDENTS, Sep 21 2010
We believe you have paid your full fees and loaded your payment on the e-Transact Platform. Just in case you have encountered challenges with this, there are plans to help you resolve the issue.
- ALL CHECK –IN PROCEDURES TAKE PLACE IN FRONT OF EACH HALL OF RESIDENCE – PETER HALL (for Male) and ESTHER HALL (for Female)
- Get your Clearance from the table of the Directorate of Financial Services within the canopies in front of the Hall allocated to you and collect your Admission Letter. Please note that you will supply copies of each of the following documents: O/L Result, UTME Result, Birth Certificate, JAMB Admission Letter (printed from the web) and 20 Passport Photographs.
- Pick-up the relevant forms from the Students’ Affairs Desk and fill out all Students’ Affairs Forms and return them immediately – after your parents/guardians have signed.
- Check your luggage with the Hall Officials and move into your Room.
- Students are expected to access the electronic version of the Students’ Handbook available on the Covenant University website so as to be familiar with current regulations.
We welcome you to an exciting life on campus this session and always
Covenant University Management
Manual for Examinations, Sep 20 2010
Students will register for and take lectures in a number of courses during each semester and will be examined in these courses at the end of the semester. The University operates, in addition, a system of continuous assessment of the students through assignments and Mid-Semester Examinations, all designed to ensure a better training for the students and produce a better and more comprehensive assessment of their capabilities. End of semester examinations are held after fifteen weeks of lecturing in the particular semester.
2010/2011 Registration Procedures, Sep 20 2010
All Students are expected to pay the prescribed fees for the session on or before resumption to facilitate a hitch-free registration.
The schedule for registration is as in the table below:
|Monday, 20 - 24 September, 2010||Online Coursework Registration (Returning Students)|
|Tuesday 21 - 25 September, 2010||Orientation: Returning Students (Evening)|
|Wednesday, 22 September, 2010||Resumption: Fresh Students|
|Thur. 22 Sept – Fri. 24 Sept. 2010||Online Coursework Registration (Fresh Students)|
|Thur. 23 Sept – Fri. 24 Sept. 2010||Orientation/Induction (Fresh Students) (Evenings)|
|Monday, 27 Sept. 2010||Lectures Begin (Returning & Fresh Students)|
|Mon. 27 Sept – Thur. 30 Sept. 2010||Late Registration with Penalty|
All Members of the University Community (Faculty Staff and Students) are to please note that the e-registration is being driven with greater tenacity this session. Towards this end all students are follow the procedures below to have a very smooth registration.
E-Registration Procedure - Students
1. Seek clarification on what courses to register for from the adviser
2. Login to your profile on the intranet (datacenter.cu) for registration
a. if payment status is adequate, registration page opens for registration
b. If it does not open contact Directorate of Financial Services; This may imply inadequate payment
3. Select Courses for Registration.
a. Selection should be from both Failed (Carry-over) and New Courses.
b. When done, click on the submit button. The submit button enables the adviser to view the student’s attempted course registration for approval.
4. The Adviser approves each Course considered to be appropriate by clicking a check button
- If he/she is satisfied with all the Courses attempted for Registration, he/she clicks on final approval button, the student’s registration report shows “APPROVED”.
- If the Adviser is not fully satisfied, he clicks on checks for the good courses and leave the unapproved courses blank. He puts appropriate comments in the remark box provided. The students registration report will show “PENDING”. The student then has access to do corrections as often as he likes until the close of registration.
5. After the close of normal registration period, in the event that the student needs to add or drop course(s), this possibility would need to be activated from the Adviser’s profile.
6. The Adviser is able to view the list of submitted students, list of final approved registration.
E-Registration Procedure- Course Advisers
1. Log in to your profile on the intranet(datacenter.cu)
2. Click on Registration
3. To view a set of students
- Select a button of choice: either all students or Pending or Approved
- Select from the box, the appropriate list of students desired
- Pick the student’s name to view his registration
4. The history of the student is provided to aid decision
5. Tick Course(s) you are satisfied with for approval, you may also wish to make comments which would be visible to the student, then click “Update New Approval/Comment” button. You can do this as many times as possible, until the student does exactly what you have instructed.
6. Click Final Approval Button when you are satisfied.
Welcome Service for Students , Sep 20 2010
1. We welcome all students back to campus from the long vacation. We believe you all had a most refreshing experience during the holiday. It is our prayer that this semester shall offer to you most fulfilling opportunities in your academic pursuit at Covenant University. Accordingly, we enjoin you all to observe all protocols that can promote effective and robust learning environment while on campus.
2. Management is using this medium to advise students to always hang their Identity Cards for ease of identification within the campus. It is an offence to move within this campus without carrying your Identity Card.
3. It has come to our notice that some students are already disrupting our arrangement of beds in the Halls of Residence. Students are strongly advised to desist from such acts in their own interest.
4. Please be reminded that students are not allowed to paste posters, wall papers, adverts etc on the walls/doors in their rooms/halls of residence. Violation of this directive will be met with appropriate sanctions.
- Correct corporate dress code is to be maintained within the Campus, Jeans etc are not allowed.
- Protection and good use of all University properties by all students is advised
- Daily night roll call shall be observed at 10:00pm
- Great silence shall be observed from 12:00 mid-night
- Squatting other students in your allocated room is an offence.
- Students are advised against it. Students are advised to take good care of their valuables while on campus.
- Possession of telephone handsets is prohibited.
5. All Students are to note the E-Registration details on their portal page (as attached)
Once again, we welcome you back to a refreshing session.
Information Pamphlet for Admitted Students, Sep 13 2010
Student Handbook 2013-2017, Sep 13 2010
As a context committed to building a World Class University, the quality that makes our academic community distinct and which guides our strategic and operational goals, is our commitment to pioneering excellence at the cutting edge of learning. Our engagement to our core values and our...
Find more detail in PDF files below:
2014/2015 Admission List , Sep 7 2010
View the 2014/2015 Admission List below:
Please proceed here http://portal.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/Admission/ to print your Admission Notification Slip