2010/2011 Registration Procedures
All Students are expected to pay the prescribed fees for the session on or before resumption to facilitate a hitch-free registration.
The schedule for registration is as in the table below:
|Monday, 20 - 24 September, 2010||Online Coursework Registration (Returning Students)|
|Tuesday 21 - 25 September, 2010||Orientation: Returning Students (Evening)|
|Wednesday, 22 September, 2010||Resumption: Fresh Students|
|Thur. 22 Sept – Fri. 24 Sept. 2010||Online Coursework Registration (Fresh Students)|
|Thur. 23 Sept – Fri. 24 Sept. 2010||Orientation/Induction (Fresh Students) (Evenings)|
|Monday, 27 Sept. 2010||Lectures Begin (Returning & Fresh Students)|
|Mon. 27 Sept – Thur. 30 Sept. 2010||Late Registration with Penalty|
All Members of the University Community (Faculty Staff and Students) are to please note that the e-registration is being driven with greater tenacity this session. Towards this end all students are follow the procedures below to have a very smooth registration.
E-Registration Procedure - Students
1. Seek clarification on what courses to register for from the adviser
2. Login to your profile on the intranet (datacenter.cu) for registration
a. if payment status is adequate, registration page opens for registration
b. If it does not open contact Directorate of Financial Services; This may imply inadequate payment
3. Select Courses for Registration.
a. Selection should be from both Failed (Carry-over) and New Courses.
b. When done, click on the submit button. The submit button enables the adviser to view the student’s attempted course registration for approval.
4. The Adviser approves each Course considered to be appropriate by clicking a check button
- If he/she is satisfied with all the Courses attempted for Registration, he/she clicks on final approval button, the student’s registration report shows “APPROVED”.
- If the Adviser is not fully satisfied, he clicks on checks for the good courses and leave the unapproved courses blank. He puts appropriate comments in the remark box provided. The students registration report will show “PENDING”. The student then has access to do corrections as often as he likes until the close of registration.
5. After the close of normal registration period, in the event that the student needs to add or drop course(s), this possibility would need to be activated from the Adviser’s profile.
6. The Adviser is able to view the list of submitted students, list of final approved registration.
E-Registration Procedure- Course Advisers
1. Log in to your profile on the intranet(datacenter.cu)
2. Click on Registration
3. To view a set of students
- Select a button of choice: either all students or Pending or Approved
- Select from the box, the appropriate list of students desired
- Pick the student’s name to view his registration
4. The history of the student is provided to aid decision
5. Tick Course(s) you are satisfied with for approval, you may also wish to make comments which would be visible to the student, then click “Update New Approval/Comment” button. You can do this as many times as possible, until the student does exactly what you have instructed.
6. Click Final Approval Button when you are satisfied.