DR Ugochukwu David ABASILIM
Ph.D., M.Sc., B.Sc Public Administration
Public Administration, Organisational Leadership, Public Personnel Administration and E-Governance.
Awards & Honours
- Recipient, Covenant University Strategic Studies Student Association Award of Honour for undying effort towards improving the academic performance of students, 2017-2018 Academic Session.
- Recipient, Covenant University Strategic Studies Student Association Award of Excellence, 2016-2017 Academic Session.
- Recipient, Covenant University Strategic Studies Student Association Award of Excellence, 2006-2007 Academic Session.
Courses Taught (2014 - Date)
PAD 412: Public Service Ethics
PAD 417: Nigerian Local Government
POS 111: Introduction to Political Science
PAD 422: Personnel Administration
POS 322: Contemporary Political Analysis
STS321: Strategic Management
STS 324: Public Personnel Management
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Selected Publications (21)
- 1st International Conference on Business and Governance at Tayo Aderinokun Lecture Theatre, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos State, May 8-10, 2019.
- 14th European Conference on Management Leadership and Governance at HU University of Applied Sciences, Utrecht, Netherlands, 18 - 19 October 2018.
- 5th Covenant University Conference on E-Governance in Nigeria (CUCEN 2018) on “Governance and Public Service Delivery in Nigeria: The Role of Information and Communication Technologies” at Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation and Discovery (CUCRID), Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria, June 13-15, 2018.
- Annual Economic Conference on “Economic Recovery and Sustainable Development: A Multi-disciplinary Perspective” at Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun State, Nigeria, May 16 - 18, 2018.
- 1st Multidimensional Conference on Critical National Issues on “Restructuring Federalism and Governance in Nigeria” at Crawford University Multipurpose Hall, Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun State, Nigeria, November 28 - 30, 2017.
- 2nd International Conference on the State of Public Administration and Sustainable Development in Africa at the Department of Public Administration, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos, Nigeria, November 28 – 30, 2016.
- Academy of International Business Sub-Saharan Africa Chapter Annual Conference on Africa Competitiveness in the Global Economy held at Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria, August 17 – 19, 2016.
- 16th European Conference on e-Government at the Faculty of Administration, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, June 16-17, 2016.
- The Annual International Faculty of Arts Conference on The Humanities and The Challenges of Development in Africa at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria, March 23-26, 2015.
- The 2nd Covenant University Conference on E-Governance in Nigeria on “Prospects and Challenges for Civic Engagement and Participation” at African Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University, Canaanland, Ota Ogun State, Nigeria, June 10-12, 2015.
- The 15th European Conference on e-Government at the University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, June 18-19, 2015.
- The 10th UNILAG Annual Research Conference and Fair on “Implementing New Research Strategies for National Transformation” at Multipurpose Hall, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos State, Nigeria, November 24-26, 2015.