Mr. PAUL O. ADEKOLA
B.Sc. (Hons); M.Sc(UI); M.Sc(CU); PhD-In View
-Population and Development
-Migration & Displacement Studies
-Geographies of Health
-Gender & Women Studies
-Environment & Development
Awards & Honours
1. A Grant of 2041 USD by Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation and Development (CUCRID) to attend SOCIOINT 2017- 4th International Conference on
Education, Social Sciences and Humanities, July 10-13, 2017 @ Atana Hotel, Dubai,United Arab Emirates (UAE). Grant No: AP/PP0000001308
2. Best Lecturer of the Year, Department of Demography & Social Statistics, Covenant University, Ota, 2016/2017 academic session.
3. A Grant of 55,000 Nigeria Naira (137 USD) by Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation and Development (CUCRID) to attend the 11th UNILAG Annual Conference and Fair between 8th and 10th Nov, 2016. Grant N0: AL/AP/000000346.
4. Best Lecturer of the Year, Department of Demography & Social Statistics, Covenant University, Ota, 2014/2015 academic session.
5. Omega Bank-Adekunle Ajasin University Sponsored Scholarship. For Academic Excellence. 2006.
6. Overall Best Graduating Student, Department of Geography & Planning Sciences, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State. 2005/2006 Session
7. Ondo State Scholarship. For 1st Class & 21 Students of Ondo State Origin. 2004/2005 Session
8. Ondo State Scholarship. For 1st Class & 21 Students of Ondo State Origin. 2003/2004 Session
9. Bisi Ogunjobi Foundation Scholarship. For Gifted Students of Akoko Origin, Ondo State. 2003/2004 Session
10. Best Student in 5 Subjects: English Language, Economics, Commerce, Account & Geography at Agborikin Comprehensive High School, Ikare Akoko, Ondo State. Principal Award/Prize Giving Day for 1999/2000 Session
1. Population Geography
3. Population & Environment
4. Nature and Sources of Social Statistical Data
5. Introduction to Demography I & II
Selected Publications (21)
2.11th UNILAG Annual Conference and Fair, 8th-10th Nov, 2016. University of Lagos, Nigeria
3. 57th Annual Conference of Association of Nigerian Geographers (ANG), April 11th-14th, 2016, University of Lagos, Nigeria
4. International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSD) in Africa in the 21st Century. June 4th- 6th, 2015 at Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomoso, Oyo State, Nigeria
5. 1st International Conference on Demography & Economic Development. July 14-16, 2014, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria
6. International Conference on Business Administration & Management. May 28-30, 2014. Theme: Entrepreneurship: Strategy for Socio-economic Advancement in Emerging Economies. Bowen University, Iwo, Nigeria
7. 23rd IBIMA Conference-International Business Information Management Conference. May 13-14, 2014. Valencia, Spain.
8. CI-ICADI- 1st Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues. May 5-6, 2014. Venue: African Leadership Development Centre (ALDC), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. Keynote Speakers: Professor Thomas Sargent-Nobel Laureate in Economic Sciences, 2011 and Professor Eric S. Maskin- Nobel Laureate in Economic Sciences, 2007.
9. PERDEC Associates. Performance Improvement Seminar for Student Affairs Staff of Covenant University, 30th July- 1st August, 2013
10. Leadership Diploma Course (LDC), Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI), Lagos, Nigeria. October Special, 2011
11. Leadership Certificate Course (LCC), Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI), Lagos, Nigeria. September Special, 2011
12. Basic Certificate Course (BCC), Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI), Lagos, Nigeria August Special, 2009
13. Macmillan Nigeria Publishers Limited. 2009 Workshop for Secondary School Teachers. Theme: Education for Development: coping Strategies in an Economic Recession.