Dr. Adeyinka Ajao Adewale
PhD, M.Sc, B.Sc, (R. COREN, MNSE, HCAI, HCNA, MCDBA, MCSE, MCP)
Quality of Service (QoS) Mobile or Wireless Communication; Mobile Computing, IP mobility; communications protocols; network convergence; computer and communication network design; network planning and optimization; software design and programming; electrical power distribution; electrical installations; equipment maintenance and repairs; and seismic/geophysical operations.
Awards & Honours
2010 Best Lecturer Award, Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Covenant University, Ota.
2017 Best Graduating Student Award Winner for Ph.D Category, College of Engineering.
2017 Overall Best Graduating Student of Covenant University, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Mobile Communication, Computer Networking, Data Communication Network, Network Security, Introduction to Electrical Engineering and Software Engineering, Internet Engineering, Object Oriented Programming using Java and C++..
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2019 Supervised Two Master Students in Information and Communication Engineering and Computer Engineering
2020 Currently Supervising three Master Students one in Computer Engineering and two in Information and Communication Engineering.
PhD Level: Four PhD Students under Supervision.
Examined over ten (10) M.Eng and PhD Theses.
Selected Publications (16)
1. 3rd International Conference on Engineering for a Sustainable World (ICESW) held from 3rd -5th July, 2019 at Covenant University, Canaan land, Ota, Nigeria.
2. IEEE sponsored 2016 International Conference on Computational Science & Computational Intelligence CSCI 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, Dec 15-17.
2. IEEE sponsored Science and Information Conference (SAI) Computing Conference 2016, held from 13 - 15 July, 2016, at ExCeL Conference Center, London, UK.
3. World Congress on Engineering (WCE) 2016, organized by International Association of Engineers (IAENG) June 29 - July 1, 2016, Imperial College London, London, UK.
4. 2nd International Conference of Electrical and Information Engineering on Computing, Energy, Networking, Robotics Automation and Telecommunication, @ Covenant University Guest House, October 2012.
5. 1st International Conference of Electrical and Information Engineering on Computing Energy, Networking, and Telecommunication, @ Covenant University Guest House, September, 2011.
National Conferences Attended
1. E-Nigeria 2007, organized by National Information and Technology Development Agency (NITDA) held in Abuja, Nigeria October, 2007.
2. 3G International Conference on Covenant University Centre for Learning Resources February, 2007.
1. Samuel, I. A., Ekundayo S., Awelewa A., Somefun T. E., Adewale A. A., 2020 . Artificial neural network base short-term electricity load forecasting: A case study of a 132/33 KV transmission sub-station. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy 10(2), pp. 200-205. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
2. Alalade A. M., Ndujiuba C., Adewale A. A., Ekong E. E., Etta M. N., 2019. Design of a fluorescent tube antenna with defined copper wire coupling specifications. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 1378(4), 042095. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
3. Ekong E. E., Adewale A. A., Ben-Obaje A., Alalade A. M., Ndujiuba C. N., 2019. Performance Comparison of ANN Training Algorithms for Hysteresis Determination in LTE networks. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 1378(4), 042094. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
4. Adewale A. A., Ben-Obaje A., Ekong E. E., Anabi H. K., Omoruyi O., 2019. Subscribers’ Traffic Internet Bandwidth Usage Capture and Classification Using Android Platform. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 1378(4), 042096. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
5. Adewale A. A., Ekong E. E., Ibikunle F. A., Orimogunje A., Abolade J., 2019. Ping-pong reduction for handoverprocess using adaptive hysteresis margin: A methodological approach. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 640(1), 012118. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
6. Adewale A. A., Ibidunni A. S., Atayero A. A., John S. N., Okesola O., Ominiabohs R. R. (2019). Nigeria’s preparedness for internet of everything: A survey dataset from the work-force population. Data in Brief, Elsevier, 23. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
7. Adekitan I. A., Adewale A. A., Alashiri O. (2019). Determining the operational status of a three phase induction motor using a predictive data mining model, International Journal of Electronics and Drive System 10(1) pp. 93-103. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
8. John, S.N., Adewale, A.A., Ndujiuba, C.N., Idoko, D.O., Anoprienko, A.Y., A Neuro-fuzzy Model for Intelligent Last Mile routing, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 10(1), pp. 2341-2356, 2019. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
9. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Aderibigbe I. Adekitan, Ofukowoicho J. Idoko, Felix A. Agbetuyi, Isaac A. Samuel, “Energy Audit and Optimal Power Supply for a Commercial Building in Nigeria”, Cogent Engineering, vol.6, issue1, November, 2018. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
10. Omoruyi Osemwegie, Kennedy Okokpujie, Nsikan Nkordeh, Samuel John, Adewale Adeyinka A., “On Issues, Strategies and Solution for Computer Security and Disaster Recovery in Online Startups”. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Volume 12, No. 19, pp. 8009-8015, September, 2017. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
11. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Victor O. Matthews, Adebiyi A. Adelakun, Winifred Amase, Olaitan A. Alashiri, “Packet Sniffer for Users End Network Performance Monitoring using Python Programming”. International Journal of Current Trends in Engineering and Research, Volume 3, Issue 8, August 2017.
12. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Victor O. Matthews, Charles N. Ndujiuba, Adeyemi M. Adenrele, “Reduction of Routing Delay in an Enterprise Network using Dynamic Multipoint Private Network”. International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), September 2017 edition. .
13. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Victor O. Matthews, Oboyerulu E. Agboje, Chinonso Okereke, David O. Ehigbochie, “IP Tunneling and Stateless DHCPv6 Implementation in an Enterprise Network”, International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET), June 2017, Volume 6, Issue 6, pp. 643-648. ISSN: 2278-0882.
14. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Victor O. Matthews, Oboyerulu E. Agboje, Adebiyi A. Adelakun, Joshua Okosun, “Performance Enhancement of Quality of Service of IP mobility for Real-time Traffic”, International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications, May 2017, Volume 8, Issue 3, ISSN: 2047-3338.
15. Samuel Isaac, Airoboman Abel, Adewale Adeyinka, Ajaka Chiamaka, “Design And Implementation of Android Based Voip System for Noise Pollution Control”, International Journal of Current Trends in Engineering & Research (IJCTER) e-ISSN 2455–1392 Volume 3 Issue 3, March 2017 pp. 51 – 59.
16. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Adagunodo E. R., John S. N., Ndujiuba C. U., “A Comparative Simulation Study of IP, MPLS, MPLS-TE for Latency and Packet loss Reduction over a WAN”, International Journal of Networks and Communications; p-ISSN: 2168-4936 e-ISSN: 2168-4944, 2016; 6(1): 1-7
17. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Ibidunni Ayodotun S., Badejo Joke A., Odu Tiwalade and Adoghe Anthony U., “Biometric Enabled E-Banking in Nigeria: Management and customers’ Perspectives”, Information and Knowledge Management, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 23-28, 2014.
18. Adelakun, Adebiyi A., Adewale Adeyinka A., Ademola Abdulkareem, Olowoleni Joseph O., “Automatic Control and Monitoring of Electrical Energy Consumption Using PIR Sensor Module”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 5, pp. 493-496, May-2014. ISSN 2229-5518 IJSER © 2014 http://www.ijser.org.
19. Isaac A. Samuel, Felly-Njoku C, Adeyinka A. Adewale and Ayokunle Awelewa,” Medium Term Load Forecasting of Covenant University using the Regression Analysis Method”, Journal of Energy Technologies and Policy, ISSN 2224-3232 (paper) ISSN 2225-0573 (Online), Vol.4, No.4, 2014.
20. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Abdulkareem Ademola, Adelakun Adebiyi. A., “Development of an SMS Based Alert System using Object Oriented Design Concept”, IJSTR, ISSN 2277-8616 Vol. 3, Issue 5, May, 2014.
21. Ademola Abdulkareem, Dike U. Ike, Adeyinka A. Adewale, Adelakun A. A, “Programming a Computer and a Microcontroller to Control the Speed and Direction of DC Motors”, International Journal Of Engineering And Computer Science IJECS) ISSN:2319-7242 Volume 3 Issue3 March, 2014 Page No. 5046-5053.
22. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Samuel N. John, Dike U. Ike, “Design and Implementation of a Virtual Machine Video Conferencing Application”, International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science (IJECS), ISSN: 2319-7242 Volume 3 Issue 3 March, 2014 Page No. 5054-5063.
23. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Dike U. Ike, Ndujiuba Charles, John S. N,” Improvement of Quality of Service (QoS) over a Wide Area Network (WAN) using Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE)”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) (0975 – 8887) Volume 88 – No. 10, February 2014, pp14-18.
24. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Dike Ike, Adelakun A. A. “Fan Speed Control of Processor Based on Environmental Temperature”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 11, November, 2013 pp339-344.
25. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Isaac Samuel, Awelewa A. A, Dike U. Ike, “Design and Development of a Microcontroller Based Automatic Switch for Home Appliances” International Journal Engineering Science Invention ISSN (Online): 2319-6734, www.ijesi.org Volume 2 Issue 10, October, 2013 pp24-31.
26. Abdulkareem Ademola, Adeyinka A. Adewale, Dike U. Ike, “Design and Development of a University Portal for the Management of Final Year Undergraduate Projects”, International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science ISSN: 2319-7242, Vol, 2 Issue 10 October, 2013 pp2911-2920.
27. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Abdulkareem A., Agbetuyi A. F., Dike Ike, “Design and Development of a Microcontroller Based Wireless Security Access System”, International Journal of Computer Science Engineering (IJSCE), ISSN: 2319-7323, Vol, 2 No. 05 Sep. 2013 pp237-246.
28. John S. N., Okonigene R. E., Akinade B. A., Kasali I., Adeyinka A. Adewale “Developed Model to Control Congestion on Converge Network”, International Journal of Innovative Technology & Creative Engineering, (ISSN: 2045-8711) Vol. 1No.8, August 2011. http://ijitce.co.uk.
29. John S. N., Ibikunle F. A., Adeyinka A. Adewale “Implementation of Wifi Location Tracking System Based on Signal Strength Measurement and ANN” Information Control Systems and Computer Monitoring (ICSCM), UDK 004, Tom 1, pp. 106-112, Donetsk, Ukraine, 2011.
30. Agbetuyi A. F., Adeyinka A. Adewale, Ogunluyi J. O. and Ogunleye D. S. “Design and Construction of an Automatic Transfer Switch for a Single-phase Power Generator”, International Journal of Engineering Science vol.3 No.4, 2011. ISSN 1582-4594.
Selected Conference Publications:
1. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Emmanuel R. Adagunodo, Samuel N. John, Victor O. Matthews, Adebiyi A. Adelakun: “Performance Evaluation of Dynamic Guard Channels Assignment with Queue and Prioritized Schemes”, in the proceedings of Mobile Computing Conference CSCI-ISMC 2016, December 15-17, 2016, Las Vegas, USA. Pp. 1059-1063. Published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library, March 20, 2017. Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5090-5510-4, Print on Demand (PoD) ISBN: 978-1-5090-5511-1, USA. DOI: 10.1109/CSCI.2016.0202. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
2. Adeyinka A. Adewale, Emmanuel R. Adagunodo, Samuel N. John, Charles N. Ndujiuba, “Effect of Increasing Buffer Size on Prioritized Guard Channels with Queue During Call Traffic Congestion”, in the proceedings of Mobile Computing Conference CSCI-ISMC 2016, December 15-17, 2016, Las Vegas, USA. Pp. 1053-1058. Published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library, March 20, 2017. Electronic ISBN: 978-1-5090-5510-4, Print on Demand (PoD) ISBN: 978-1-5090-5511-1, USA. DOI: 10.1109/CSCI.2016.0201. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
3. Adewale, Adeyinka A., Adagunodo Emmanuel R., John Samuel N., “Improving Prioritized Handover Performance for Mobile WiMAX by Dynamic Guard Channel Allocation and RSS Quality Factor”, in the proceedings of IEEE SAI Computing Conference, 13-15 July, 2016, ExCeL Conference Center, London, UK. Pp. 669-674. Published @ IEEE Xplore Digital Library, September 1, 2016. Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4673-8460-5, Print on Demand(PoD) ISBN: 978-1-4673-8461-2, USA, doi: 10.1109/SAI.2016.7556054. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
4. Adewale, Adeyinka A., John Samuel N., Adagunodo Emmanuel R., “Performance Comparison of Dynamic Guard Channel with Buffered Prioritized Scheme for Mobile WiMAX Network”, in the proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering (WCE) 2016, Vol I , pp566-570, June 29-July 1, 2016, London, UK. ISBN: 978-988-19253-0-5, ISSN: 2078-0958 (Print); ISSN: 2078-0966 (Online). (SCOPUS INDEXED)
5. Adewale Adeyinka A., John Samuel N., Ndujiuba Charles, “A Simulation study of Effect of MPLS on Latency over a Wide Area Network (WAN)”, proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN), World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP 2014), July 21-24, 2014, Las Vegas Nevada, USA, pp.196-201. ISBN: 1-60132-278-X.
6. Adewale Adeyinka A., J. Onaolapo, “A Development of Web-based Interactive Map Using Object-Oriented Programming Concept” EIE’s 2nd International Conference on Energy, Network, Robotics and Telecommunication tagged eieCon2012, @ Covenant University Guest House, Conference Proceedings, November, 2012.
7. S. N. John, I. N. Itaketo , A. A. Adewale, “Automation and Easy Accessibility of Medical Services in Nigeria (ICT and Medicine)”, in the Conference Proceedings of 9th International Conference of Managing Current Global Challenges: Information Technology Strategies and Tools (MACGLOB ’09), Volume 20, Pp. 175 – 180, 2009.
8. S. N. John, F. A. Ibikunle, Adeyinka A. Adewale, “Performance Improvement of Wireless Network Based on Effective Data Transmission” IET International Conference on Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, 11-12 January 2008, IEEE Xplore Digital Library Journal: ISSN 0537-9989, pp.134-137, @ IEEE Xplore Digital Library, 2008, USA. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
Summary of Profile
He had worked in the different capacities as an electrical/electronics engineer, a computer/network engineer and as an IT instructors. So, his experience ranges from seismic acquisition, to computer networking, database administration, software engineering (development/deployment) and teaching. He had handled projects on electrical installations, Computer networking (wired/wireless network). Engr. Adewale had also worked in the seismic industry as the Technical Assistant to the Party Chief of JV166, UGNL/IDSL Joint Venture, OML61, Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) TOFMAN Prospect. The prospect was a subsurface 3D seismic data acquisition of Taylor creek, Offoniama and Manuso along East/West road, Mbiama, River State, Nigeria. He worked in the administration department and electrical engineering workshop of the crew.
Moreover, he is a corporate member of the Nigeria Society of Engineer (MNSE), member IEEE, a Microsoft certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), a Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) and a member of Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Engr. Adewale is presently a university lecturer in the department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Covenant University, Ota. His research areas are IP Mobility (IPng Converged Network), computer/communication network design, planning and optimization, network security, and IS Audit. He had taught courses in Computer Networking, Data Communication Network, Internet Technology and programming and Software Engineering. He has a number of publications to his credit in local and international journals.