Prof. Adesola Ajayi
B.Sc. Zoology 1991; M.Sc. Microbiology 1999; PhD. Microbiology 2006
Characterizing differentially expressed genes involved in the deterioration of three varieties of tomato (Lycopersicon lycopersicon Karst) Fruits by Aspergillus niger
Xylanase enzyme production from tomato fruits deteriorated by Aspergillus niger and its potential utilization of tomato pomace as substrate
Enzyme production for industrial uses
Awards & Honours
The Obafemi Awolowo University Research Committee Postgraduate Grant for a Doctorate Degree
Partial Sponsorship to attend the TWOWS 34TH Annual Conference, Beijing, China 2010
Distinguished Academic Icon Award of the Strategic Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development 2011
Partial Sponsorship to attend the International Conference of women in Science, Engineering and Technology , Dakar, Bangladesh
Covenant University Centre for Research and Development (CUCERD) Seed Grant 2012
The Multilateral Initiative on Malaria Travel Award, Durban, South Africa
Partial Sponsorship to attend the TWOWS 35TH Annual Conference, Cuernavaca, Mexico 2014
Current Postgraduate Supervision
PhD Co supervision - Mrs. E. Ojewunmi; Department of Chemical Engineering
Selected Publications (44)
2nd - 6th December, 2001
2. Workshop of the Postgraduate College, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. Theme: Currents Trends in Postgraduate Education at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile – Ife.
25th March, 2002
3. A leadership training workshop based on leading to choices: A Leadership Training Handbook for women, to enhance Personal leadership and communication skills and strengthen citizens’ participation in civil society, organized by BAOBAB for Women’s Human Rights and Linkages Group, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.
20th -25th April, 2004
4. Biotech Workshop on Applied Biotechnology and Molecular Biology Applied Biotech Institute and, Covenant University, Ota.
28th July - 2nd August, 2008
5. Women in management and Business (WIMBIZ) 2009. Annual Conference at Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos.
3rd and 4th November, 2009
6. 5th Multilateral Initiative on Malaria-Pan African Malaria Conference (MIM-PAMC) at Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC), Nairobi, Kenya
2nd - 6th November, 2009
7. Third International Conference on Research and Development, Conference Hall, Miklin Hotels, East Legion, Accra, Ghana
23-26th November, 2010
8. IMC9. The Biology of Fungi Conference, Edinburgh, UK.
1st -6th August, 2010
9. Workshop on Isolation of DNA and Gene Recombinant Technology. Danifol Biotechnology Consult, Lagos.
25th – 28th May, 2010
10. Workshop on DNA Extraction and Amplification, PCR Primer Design and Optimization, Restriction Enzymes Digestion and Bioinformatics, Redeemer’s University, Lagos
2nd – 5th December, 2010
11. Workshop on the Use of Bioinformatics Tools at the Second International Conference of International Society for Computational Biology /African Society for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (ISCB/ASBCB). Capetown International Convention Center, South Africa.
3rd - 10th March, 2011
12. Training on Scientific Writing and Publishing, Graphical Methods for Data Presentation, Oral Communication and Presentation. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
12th – 16th September, 2011
13. Nigerian Institute of Science and Experimental Biology Conference, Julius Berger Hall, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria.
4th – 7th April, 2011
14. African Regional Forum on “Best Practices in fostering food Security in Africa”. Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex, Oke mosan, Abeokuta.
3rd - 4th March, 2012
15. Molecular Epidemiology and Evolutionary Genetics of Infectious Diseases conference, New Orleans, USA.
30th October –2nd November, 2012
16. African Society for Bioinformatics Computational Biology Conference, Casablanca, Morocco
15th -17th March, 2013
17. EBI Workshop 2013, Institut de Pasteur, Casablanca, Morocco
13th -14th March, 2013
18. ISTEAMS Research Nexus conference, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
30th May -1st June, 2013
19. The Science Association of Nigeria 48th Annual Conference, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.
9th – 14th June, 2013
20. Michigan Academy of Science, Arts and Letters Conference. Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan.
28th February, 2014
21. 16th Congress on Infectious Diseases. International Convention Centre.
Capetown, South Africa.
2nd – 5th April, 2014