Dr Winifred Anake
B.Sc (Applied Chemistry), M.Sc (Analytical Chemistry), Ph.D (Environmental Chemistry),MCSN, MRSC, MACS, MSETAC
- Atmospheric Fine Particle Pollution and Control
- Greenhouse Gases Emission Inventory and Reduction Strategies
- Source Apportionment of Pollutants
- Environment Risk Assessment
- Educational Outreaches on Sustainable Environment
Awards & Honours
- SETAC Conference Grant Award: SETAC Africa 8th Biennial Conference and Africa Women’s Event (2017)
- Visiting Research Scholar Award: CAS-TWAS Centre of Excellence for Green Technology (CEGT) Scholarship, (2015)
- Most Outstanding Faculty, Department of Chemistry, Covenant University, (2012/2013).
- SOLAS Fellowship Award: 5th International SOLAS Summer School, Cargese, Corsica, France, (2011).
- SCOR Travelling Grant Award: Travelling grant award by Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research, to attend 5th SOLAS International Summer School, Corsica, France, (2011).
Environmental Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Petroleum Chemistry, Quality Control, Analysis of Selected Materials, Seminar, Fertilizer and Agrochemicals,
Analytical Chemistry for non-Major, e.t.c.
Selected Publications (19)
5. Equilibrium Studies of the Reaction of Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) Haemoglobin Sulphydryl Groups with 5,5′-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate): Tertiary Conformational Change in Turkey Haemoglobin Induced by Inositol hexakisphosphate.[ Download 1.17 MB ]
Nigeria, 17-19 October, 2017.
2.40th International Conference, Workshop, Exhibition and General
Meeting of Chemical Society of Nigeria held at Kaduna, Nigeria,
3.254th American Chemical Society National Meeting, Washington
4.Blood Bank Society of Nigeria: The Challenges of Quality Blood
Bank Operations in Economic Recession, MRC Hall, LASUTH, Ikeja
Nigeria, 29th November 2016.
5.3rd Covenant University International Conference on African
Development Issues CU-ICADI 2016, 9th-11th May 2016, Ota,
6.37th International Conference of Chemical Society of Nigeria
held at Ibom Hall, Uyo, Nigeria, September 8-12, 2014.
7.Covenant University Chemistry International Conference on
Turning the Knowledge of Science into Development‟ held at
Covenant University, July 9-10, 2014.
8.2nd National conference of Women in Physics/Inauguration of
Women in Science and Technology [WST], Covenant University, Ota,
Ogun State, Nigeria, May 21-24, 2013.
9.Fifth International Conference on Surface Ocean Lower Atmosphere
Study, Cargese, Corsica, France. August 29- September 10, 2011.
Poster Presentation “Air-sea seasonal CO2 fluxes in near shore
waters of Gulf of Guinea, Atlantic Ocean”
10.27th International Conference of the Chemical Society of
Nigeria held at Benin, September 2004.
Summary of Profile
She has a number of scientific papers in International peer-reviewed journals and proceedings to her credit. Her current research interests are in atmospheric fine particle pollution control, greenhouse gases emission inventory & reduction strategies, source apportionment of pollutants, environmental risk assessment, and educational outreaches on sustainable environment in the communities and industries.