Prof. AAA. Atayero
B.Sc|M.Sc|Ph.D Moscow, Russia
Head, IoT-enabled Smart and Connected Communities (IESCC) Research Cluster
Awards & Honours
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Administration (FCIA), “having met the educational and practical experience requirements prescribed by Chartered Institute of Administration Act No. 103 of 1992.” Nov.27, 2018..
- Recipient, CEO of The Year #IAMBRANDNIGERIA Award, In Collaboration with Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON). “In recognition and celebration of the scholastic work of as an individual, whose work has significantly advanced Nigeria and its educational system, placing the Nigeria brand on the global news for such accomplishment(s)”.
- Recipient, IEOM Society Distinguished Leadership Award ‘In recognition of Outstanding Leadership and Dedication to Education and Exceptional Contributions to Engineering and Technology”, St. George Hotel, Pretoria, SA, Oct. 31, 2018.
- Recipient, IEOM Society Outstanding Educator Award ‘In recognition and appreciation of lifelong service and dedication to education and exceptional contributions to academia”. University of the District Columbia (UDC), Sep.27-29, 2018.
- Fellow, The Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC), “In recognition of outstanding, and demonstrated commitment to creating, maintaining, extending and promoting the highest world standards of management consulting practice, ethics, competence and client service.” Lagos, Nigeria, Oct. 2017.
- Recipient, African Entrepreneurs Merit Award 2017: Award for Excellence and Leadership, by African Entrepreneurs Foundation, Abuja, Nigeria, Sep 2017.
- Senior Research Fellow, (Certified Advisory Member in Communication Engineering), International Association of Research Scholars and Administrators (IARSA), July, 2017
- Fellow, The Science Association of Nigeria (FSAN), Jul 2017
- Recipient, Nigerian Society of Engineers’ (NSE, Ikeja) Award for Excellence, 2016
- Host Professor, Carnegie - IIE African Diaspora Fellowship (ADF) programme, Jan - Mar 2015.
- Recipient, Ford Foundation Teaching Innovation Award, 2009/2010: “For demonstrated innovative approach to teaching, research, and mentoring of junior academics.”
- Recipient, International Center for Theoretical Physics (Trieste, Italy) Grant for Workshop on Low-Cost Wireless Networking, AUST, Abuja, October 2010.
- Recipient, International Center for Theoretical Physics (Trieste, Italy) Grant for FPGA and VHDL Workshop, Kumasi Ghana, 2005
- Recipient, Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship: Bureau for External Aide, 1988–1994.
- Recipient, Russian Government Stipend: 1988–1994.
Undergraduate: Information Theory & Coding Techniques. Digital Systems Design with VHDL. Satellite Communications. Digital Speech Processing. History and Philosophy of Science. Cryptography Principles & Application. Internet Technology & Programming. Digital Electronics. Electric Circuit Theory. Use of Engineering Software Packages. Physical Electronics. Analogue Electronics. Postgraduate: Modelling of Information and Communication Systems and Networks | Satellite Communications | Transmission of Information | Digital Communication & Network Management.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
• mmWave Massive MIMO 5G Network Optimal Path Loss Determination In a Smart City using ELM
• mmWave Massive MIMO Channel Characterization and Performance Analysis for 5G Networks
• Development of a Graphene Field Effect Transistor for Saliva-Based Micronutrient Quantification
• Cervical dilation assessment using image processing and machine learning techniques
• M.Eng. Thesis: , Department of Electrical and Information Engineering (EIE), College of Engineering (CoE), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria (Defended: Jun.2018).
• Development of FIGA: A Novel Trust-Based Algorithm for Securing Autonomous Interactions in WSN, Department of Electrical and Information Engineering (EIE), School of Applied Engineering (SoE), College of Engineering (CoE), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria (Defended: Feb.2015).
• PhD. Thesis: Development of Robust Pre-processing Algorithm for Low-Contrast Human Iris, Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, SAE, CoE, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (Defended: 15.07.2015).
• PhD Thesis: Wind Power Integration Into Nigeria Distribution Grid, Department of EIE, SET, CST, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (2011 – 2014).
• PhD Thesis: Development of a Framework for Intelligent Self-Service Voice-Enabled Systems, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, School of Natural and Applied Sciences (SNAS), College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (Defended 2012.02.17).
• PhD Thesis: End-to-End Delay Determination of Switched Ethernet Tree Local Area Networks, Department of EIE, SET, CST, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (Defended 2011.06.07 | Published 2012.04.18 Available at: http://qr.net/end2end1 ).
• M.Eng. Thesis: Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System Models for Dynamic Load Balancing in 3GPP LTE Network, Department of EIE, SET, CST, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria (‘A’ Defended 2012.06.13 | Published 2012.07.26, Available at http://qr.net/anfis2 ).
• M.Eng. Thesis: Modelling and Simulation of the Physical Layer of PRIME PLC, Department of EIE, SET, CST, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (Defended 2012.06.13).
• M.Eng. Thesis: Development of a Framework for the Implementation of Voice over IP on an IP PBX for Corporate Enterprises, Department of EIE, SET, CST, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (Defended 2012.06.13).
• M.Eng. Thesis: Development of a FOS Web-Based Dark-Skinned/Brown-Eyed Iris Corpora, Department of EIE, SET, CST, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (Defended 2012.07 | Published 2012.08.26 | Available http://qr.net/cuiris2 ).
• M.Eng. Thesis: Design and Implementation of a Multi-channel Application for Customer Care Service Delivery, Department of EIE, SET, CST, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, October, (2006).
Selected Publications (3)
51. Times Higher Education (THE) Emerging Economies Summit, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar, Jan 14–16, 2019.
50. The 1st African International Conference on Industrial Engineering & Operations Mgt. (IEOM) Society, Pretoria/Johannesburg, South Africa, Oct 30-Nov 1, 2018.
49. The 3rd Industrial Engineering & Operations Mgt. (IEOM) Society Conference, The University of The District of Columbia, Sep. 27-29, 2018
48. Times Higher Education World Academic Summit, National University of Singapore, Sep. 25-27, 2018
47. AWARD Leadership Course, Sep.3-5 2018, Covenant University, Ota
46. AWARD Grant Proposal Writing Course, Sep. 5-8 2018, Covenant University, Ota
45. IEEE Comsoc Continuing Education for Communication Professionals Course, Title: Millimeter Wave Wireless Communications for Fifth Generation(5G), by T. Rappaport, (CEUs = 0.3), Download, 2018.07.01-05.
44. Panelist, The African Society of Cambridge University 5th Africa Together Conference: Pathways to a New Africa, Cambridege Union, University of Cambridge, 15th–16th June 2018, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
43. Times Higher Education (THE) Emerging economies Summit, Mohammed The 5th University, 8th–10th May, 2018, Rabat, Morocco
42. King Baudouin Foundation US, Art and Science of Fundraising, Rockefeller Center, 29th Apr–2nd May, 2018, Greater New York, NY, USA
41. Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Gender Workshop 2018, Theme: Mainstreaming Gender in Higher Education: Implications for National Growth and Development, 27-30 Mar. 2018, Covenant University, Nigeria.
40. MIT J-WEL, Group of global leaders in education for World Education Lab, themed “Learning Communities of the future”, 19-22 Mar. 2018, MIT, Boston, Massachussetts, USA
39. International Association of Engineers (IAENG), World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science WCECS 2017, October 25-27, 2017, San Francisco, USA.
38. Times Higher Education (THE) World Academic Summit, King’s College – IET Savoy Place, 2nd–5th Sep. 2017, London, U.K.
37. International Association of Engineers (IAENG) World Congress on Engineering (WCE2017), University of Cambridge, 5th – 7th July, 2017, London, U.K.
36. 1st Times Higher Education (THE) Innovation Summit, Hong Kong Poly. University, 31 May–2 Jun, 2017. Hong Kong.
35. Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Round Table on: “The role of faith-based universities in promoting respect”, Liverpool Hope University, 30 Jan-1Feb 2017, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
34. Times Higher Education (THE) Emerging Economies Summit, Dec 2016, University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
33. 3rd Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues CU-ICADI 2016, 9th -11th May 2016, Ota, Nigeria.
32. NIST-USIgnite Global City Teams Challenge/IoT-Enabled Smart City Framework, NIST Campus, 22d-25th Mar. 2016, Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
31. Future Technologies Conference (FTC 2016),6-7 December 2016, San Francisco, CA, United States
30. Times Higher Education BRICS & EE Summit, 30Nov.-2Dec. 2016, University of Johannesburg, RSA.
29. Huawei Cloud Connect: Shape The Cloud, Aug.31-Sep.2 2016, Expo Center, Shanghai, China.
28. IEEE Technically Sponsored SAI Computing Conference 2016, 13-15 Jul. 2016 London, United Kingdom
27. 3rd Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues CU-ICADI 2016, 9th-11th May 2016, Ota, Nigeria.
26. IoT-Enabled Smart City Framework, NIST Campus, 24th-25th Mar. 2016, Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
25. NIST-USIgnite Global City Teams Challenge, NIST Campus, 22nd-23rd Mar. 2016, Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
24. International Conference on Circuits and Systems (ICCS), IAENG WCECS 2015, 21st~23rd Oct. 2015, San Fransisco (USA).
23. International Conference on Communication Systems and Technologies (ICCST), IAENG WCECS 2015, 21st~23rd Oct. 2015, San Fransisco (USA).
22. International Conference on Computer Science and Applications (ICCSA), IAENG WCECS 2015, 21st~23rd Oct. 2015, San Fransisco (USA).
21. 3rd Int’l. Conference on Advances in Computing, Electronics & Communication ACEC 2015, 10-11 Oct 2015, Zurich, Switzerland
20. Inaugural Times Higher Education™ Africa Universities Summit, 30th–31st July 2015, University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
19. 7th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies EDULEARN 2015, 6th–8th July 2015, Barcelona (Spain).
18. The International Conference on Web & Open Access to Learning (ICWOAL'2014), Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, UAE, Nov. 25-‐27, 2014
17. 7th International Conference on Education, Research and Innovation ICERI 2014, 17th-19th Nov 2014, Seville, Spain
16. 6th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies Edulearn 2014, 7th-9th July 2014, Barcelona, Spain
15. British Council Going Global Conference 'Global Education: Knowledge-based economies for 21st Century Nations', 29th April - 1 May 2014, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Florida USA.
14. 1st. Times Higher Education Young Universities' Summit, 28th April 2014, Fontainebleau, Miami Florida USA.
13. 20th Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NES#20): Transforming Education Through Partnership for Global Competitiveness, Resource Person, Design Workshop IV: Tertiary Education – Competitiveness and Employability, 18–20 Mar, 2014, Transcorp Hilton, Abuja, Nigeria.
12. 8th International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED2014), 10–12 Mar. 2014, Valencia, Spain.
11. ICMCS National Conference on Teaching & Research Innovation in Nigerian Universities, 17-19 April, 2012. Redeemers' University, Mowe, Nigeria.
10. International Conference on Computer Science and Applications 2011, World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2011, October 19-21, 2011, San Francisco, USA.
9. International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering 2011, World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2011, October 19-21, 2011, San Francisco, USA.
8. International Conference on Communications Systems and Technologies 2011, World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2011, October 19-21, 2011, San Francisco, USA.
7. IEEE 2nd International Workshop on Recent Advances in Broadband Access Networks RABAN 2011, co-located with IEEE 11th International Conference on ITS Telecommunication, August 23-25, 2011, St. Petersburg, Russia.
6. IEEE Region 8 EUROCON 2009 Conference, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
5. The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Adaptive Science & Technology (ICAST), December 14~16, 2009, Accra, Ghana.
4. IEEE Communication Society 16th Telecommunication Forum, Belgrade, Serbia, Nov. 25–27 2008.
3. Southern African Telecommunications and Applications Conference (SATNAC2007), Sugar Beach Resort, Mauritius, 9-13 Sep. 2007.
2. International Conference and Workshop on 3G GSM and Mobile Computing: An Emerging Growth Engine for National Development, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, 2007.
1. International Conference on New Trends in Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, 2006.
SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS:
11. COREN-NSE Workshop on Engineering Regulations Monitoring (ERM) to Sensitise the Chief Executives of Engineering-based Companies, Corporations, Agencies, and Institutions, NSE Abeokuta Branch Head Quarters, Ogun State, 3 May 2012.
10. International Center for Theoretical Physics (Italy)–African University of Science and Technology–NUC Workshop on Low-Cost Wireless Networking, AUST, Abuja, October 2010.
8. Nigerian Institute of Elelctrical and Electronic Engineering Workshop, Abuja, 2009.
7. NUC Workshop for Deans and HODs of Electrical Engineering, Abuja, 2008.
6. International Federation of Inventors Association (IFIA), 4th International Exhibition of Young Inventors, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, Nov. 2007.
5. International Federation of Inventors Association (IFIA), 2007 World Cup of Computer Implemented Inventions (CII) 27-30, Sept. 2007, Taipei, Taiwan.
4. Nigeria Association of Inventors’ 2nd National Young Inventors & Innovators Summit, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, (2006).
3. International Center for Theoretical Physics (Italy)–Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology ICTP-KNUST Regional Microelectronic Workshop on FPGA and VHDL for research and Training in Africa, Kumasi, Ghana, 2005.
2. Harris Communications Microwave Engineering Workshop, Eko Hotel, Lagos, 2001.
1. Crosna Scientific Industrial Center, Workshop on Satellite Communications, Moscow, Russia, 1994.
Summary of Profile
Engineer (Prof.) Atayero has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Radio Engineering and a Master of Science Degree in Satellite Communication Systems in 1992 and 1994 respectively. He earned his PhD from the Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation (MSTUCA) in 2000. A professor of communication engineering, Atayero is a Fellow of the Science Association of Nigeria (FSAN), Chartered Institute of Administration (FCIA); Chartered Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC); as well as a Senior Research Fellow of the International Association of Research Scholars and Administrators. Atayero is a COREN Registered Engineer and member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and other professional bodies. He has published over a hundred scientific papers in International peer-reviewed journals and proceedings. He is on the editorial board of several international scientific and engineering Journals. Atayero is a recipient of various awards and scholarships including: NIEEE Distinguished Communications Engineer’s Award of Excellence; APCON-#IAMBRANDNIGERIA CEO of The Year Award, IEOM Distinguished Leadership and Outstanding Educator Awards; Award for Excellence and Leadership, by African Entrepreneurs Foundation; the ‘Ford Foundation Teaching Innovation Award’ to name a few. His current research interests are in various aspects of Communication Engineering, including (but not limited to): Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless (Mobile) Communications, Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Cities, and Cyber Physical Systems.