Dr. Augustine Omoniyi Ayeni
B.Sc. (Chemical Engineering, O.A.U., Ile-Ife), M.Sc.(Chemical Engineeing, UNILAG), Ph.D.(Chemical Engineering, Covenant, Ota))
separation processes, fuels and chemicals from wastes, bioenergy, wastewater treatment, modelling and optimization, chemical reaction engineering, bioprocess engineering
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=WQiFHMwAAAAJ&hl=en
Awards & Honours
1. Task team member International Council for Scientific Union(Region of Africa) Science plan on sustainable energy, Pretoria, South Africa.
2. Chief S.L. Edu PhD memorial grant award 2008 sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited in association with Nigerian Conservation Foundation.
3. CSIR-TWAS, Italy fellowship for research and advanced training 2009 tenable at NEERI, Nagpur, India.
4. Prestigious University of the Witwatersrand URC-NRF grantholder linked Postdoctoral fellowship award 2015-2017 at the School of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, Wits University, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Engineering Mathematics, Separation Processes, Introduction to Chemical Engineering, Transport Phenomenon, Biochemical Engineering, Thermodynamics
Selected Publications (14)
1. Effective alkaline peroxide oxidation pretreatment of shea tree sawdust for the production of biofuels: Kinetics of delignification and enzymatic conversion to sugar and subsequent production of ethanol by fermentation using Saccharomyces cerevisiae[ Download 869.34 kB ] [Visit]
2. Ayeni, A.O., Adeeyo, O.,Oresegun, O.R. Compositional analysis of lignocellulosic materials: Evaluation of an economically viable gravimetric method suitable for woody and non-woody biomass. International Conference of Turning The Knowledge of Science into Development. Covenant University, 8–11 July, 2014, Ota, Nigeria.
3.The 43rd Annual conference exhibition and general meeting of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers, Uyo,November 14 - 16 2013.
4.International Conference on Bio-energy from Waste: Green Chemistry Intervention, Nagpur, India, November 25 - 26, 2010.
5. International Conference/Workshop on Renewable Energy and Climate Change Mitigation, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, 13 - 17 July, 2009.
Summary of Profile
Among his academic achievements is the award of PhD research grant of Chief S.L. Edu memorial research grant 2008 sponsored by the Chevron Oil Nigeria in association with Nigerian Conservation Foundation, Lekki, Ajah Lagos.He was also awarded an Advanced Research and Training fellowship 2009 by the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World(TWAS). This gave him a research stay at the National Environmental Engineering Research Institute,Environmental Biotechnology Division, Nagpur, India from August 2010 - August 2011. He is a Task Team member of the science plan(Sustainable Energy) of International Council for Scientific Union - Region of Africa(ICSU-ROA)based in Pretoria, South Africa. He is also a member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.He is also a Registered Engineer (COREN: R.26927). He was at the university of the Witwatersrand, School of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineeering, Johannesburg, South Africa from Oct. 2015 to Sept. 2017 for his Postdoctoral fellowship.
He is married and blessed with Children.
My blog: https://aoayeni.wordpress.com/
Google Scholar page:https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=WQiFHMwAAAAJ&hl=en