Dr Gideon BAMIGBOYE
B.Tech., M.Tech., PhD, R.Eng. (COREN), MNSE
My research focuses on innovative construction materials, environmental sustainability and concrete infrastructure among others. (RC and masonry of various materials –self-compacting Concrete (SCC), normal concrete, sand-cerete with plastic fiber additives- for their strength and the effects of environmental degradation on their strength under various loads (gravity, wind, seismic and acid-rain penetration)
Awards & Honours
- Overall Best Graduating Doctoral Student in Covenant University 2017/2018.
- Best Graduating Doctoral Student in the College of Engineering, Covenant University 2017/2018.
- My research won 1st price position in all the Engineering students’ projects in Nigeria at the Committee of Deans of Engineering and Technology of Nigerian Universities (CODET) National Engineering Competition 2018.
Undergraduate: Structural Analysis. Structural Engineering. Strength of Materials II. Design of Structures I. Strength of Materials I. Quantity Surveying and Estimating. Engineering Systems and Design. Theory of Structures II. Civil Engineering Materials
Postgraduate: Properties of Construction Materials. Highway Materials, Construction and Maintenance
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2. International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED) 7th-9th March, 2016, Valencia, Spain.
3. IBIMA Conference, 11th-12th November, 2016, Madrid, Spain.
4. 2nd International Conference on Africa Development Issues, 11th-13th March, 2016.Covenant University,Ogun State, Nigeria.