Dr. Sheila Bishop
Ordinary Differential Equations, Stochastic Differential Equations, Stochastic Analysis, Quantum and Stochastic differential equations, Numerical analysis, Functional analysis, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics Education.
Awards & Honours
HONOURS: Best graduating student in Physics, College of Education Ekiadolor, Benin Edo State, 1993/1994
AWARD: In recognition of my contribution as an exceptional Lecturer during the 2008/2009 academic session
AWARD: As the most outstanding level adviser in Mathematics department during the 2012/2013 academic session.
Undergraduate: Mathematical Methods , Algebra, Calculus, Vector Analysis, Stochastic differential equations, Differential equations, Probability Theory, Measure Theory, Statistics I & II, Elementary Mechanics, Stochastic Processes, etc.
Post graduate: Differential equations I and II, Probability Theory I and II, Stochastic Analysis
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Selected Publications (41)
2. Mathematics in Industry Study Group (MISG), Work Shop University of Johannesburg, South Africa, January 15th 19th, 2018.
3. The World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, San Francisco, USA, 24-27 October, 2017.
4. Inaugural Nig. Mathematics in Industry Study Group (NIGMISG), Work Shop/Conference held at Covenant University Ota, Nigeria. 11th -15th July, 2016.
5. Int. Symposium on “Current Research Trends in Mathematical Sciences and Applications” 17th -20th May, 2016, Abuja, Nigeria.
6. International Symposium on Mathematical and Statistical Finance, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria, 1st -3rd, September 2015.
7. 1st International Conference on Mathematical Analysis and Optimization: Theory and applications held at the University of Lagos, ICAPTA 12th -14th March, 2014.
8. 32nd Annual conference of the Nigerian Mathematical Society held at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 25th - 27th June, 2013.
9. International work shop and training on Mathematical modeling and Scientific Computing organized by the Department of Mathematics, Covenant University Ota, 23rd – 27thMay, 2011.
Summary of Profile
She is a Mathematician with research interest in quantum stochastic differential equations, stochastic differential equations, ordinary differential equations, Mathematical Statistics. Some of her research activities in differential equations cover both qualitative and quantitative analysis of solutions. She also has interest in Mathematics education and Mathematical Physics.