Prof. Dilip Kumar De
1.Jahn-Teller engineering of new materials and noble prize winning materials like high-Tc superconductors, CMR, Multiferroic, Graphene. 2.Renewable energy with special focus on (i) Maximization of output of a solar panel with Fresnel sheets- Concentrated photovoltaics; (ii) Cost effective energy saving solid state white lighting with new novel nano-phosphor; (iii)Cost effective Energy storage devices; (iv) Modeling of thermionic emission from nano-materials; (v) Cost effective solar thermionic power conversion. (vi)NMR/MRI of blood flow estimation(theoretical); (vii) Inexpensive accurate liquid purity analyzer and effect of impurities on liquid properties. (viii) Green power generation- Power generation by thermionic emission using solar concentrators; (ix). Graphene thermionic converter. (x). Novel cost effective and energy efficient technique for capture of industrial emissions.
• Paramagnetic properties of Phase Transition and Jahn-Teller Effect in crystalline materials containing 3d transition metal ions, by EPR and allied techniques;
• High Q and off resonance rejection, low insertion loss, Planar film YIG microwave resonators, notch filters, low phase noise wide band microwave oscillators;
• Non-Equilibrium electron and lattice heating in metallic and semiconductor thin films by pulsed laser irradiation;
• Novel cost effective and energy efficient technology for capturing industrial emissions without any chemical reagent or external cryogen.
• Cost effective production, utilization and storage of clean energy and renewable energy; E (www.sgptde.com).
Please see the website www.sgptde.com to learn about my new inventions in the area of green power & clean environment technologies.
Awards & Honours
Three US patents.
High Tc Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices. Dilip K. De (P): United States Patent: No.5,075,283. Dec. 24, 1991.
2. Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices for Non-Destructive Evaluation of Metals and Metal-Forms- Dilip K. De (P): United States Patent: No.5,004,724,. April 2, 1991.
3. Ultra High Energy Capacitor Using Intense Magnetic Field Insulation Produced by High-Tc Superconducting Elements for Electrical Energy Storage and Pulsed Power Applications: Dilip K. De (P) United States Patent: No.5,110,793,. May 5, 1992.
Following inventions are in the process of being patented:
New Patent Inventions (Being filed in USA):
1. A novel and highly cost effective technology for capture of industrial emissions without reagent for clean energy and clean environment applications- Dilip K. De and Idowu A. Oduniyi- submitted (Nov. 20, 2017) to USA Patent Office (USPO). Patent Appl. No. 15915007. Under Examination.
2. Low cost & energy efficient dry ice refrigeration and dry ice air conditioning technology running only on small solar power – Dilip K. De – To be submitted to USPO by December 2018.
3. Solar thermionic energy converter with metals and nano-materials- Dilip K. De – To be submitted to USPO by December 2018.
4. Large scale floatable ocean platforms – Dilip K. De- To be submitted to USPO by December 2018.
5. Energy efficient and cost effective natural white lighting LED with special nanophosphor- Dilip K. De and Ahemen Iorkya To be submitted to USPO by December 2018.
Undergraduate Courses: (i) General Physics; (ii) Optics and Spectroscopy; (iii) Nuclear and Particle Physics (iv) Quantum Mechanics; (v) Solid State Physics; (vi) Mathematical Methods and Numerical Analysis; (vii) Vector and integral calculus. (viii) Heat and Thermodynamics; (ix) Computational Physics; (ix) Complex variables; (xii) Molecular Physics; (xiv) Heat and thermodynamics; (xv) Classical Mechanics; (xvi) Modern Physics; (xvii) Special theory of relativity; (xviii) Renewable energy.
Graduate Courses: (i) Solid State Physics; (ii) Magnetic Resonance; (iii) Quantum Mechanics; (iv) Statistical Physics; (v) Semiconductor Physics; (vi) Electronic Energy Bands; (vii) Utilization of Solar Energy; (viii) Crystal symmetry and lattice dynamics; (ix) General Magnetism; (x) Mathematical Methods; (xi) Numerical Analysis
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Currently supervising two Ph.D students and one Master student
Selected Publications (3)
Rocky Mountain Magnetic Resonance Conference-Denver, Colorado-2013
ESSE 2014 : 2014 International Conference on Environment Systems Science and Engineering, Los Angeles July 23-24, 2014
EMN 2015, Energy Materials nano technology : Cancun, Mexico
IEEE UPCON [Energy, Materials and Environment], Noida, UP 2015
ESSE 2014 : 2014 International Conference on Environment Systems Science and Engineering, July 23-24, 2014, Los Angeles, USAqqq
Ist IEEE Uttar Pradesh Conference
International Conference on Energy, Economics &
Environment “1st UPCON-ICEEE2015”
March 26-28, 2015
Department Of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology, Gr. Noida
EMN SUMMER MEETING, ENERGY MATERIALS AND NANO TECHNOLOGY,
JUNE 10-13, Cancun, Mexico
Summary of Profile
I also worked on several areas of applied physics, including medical physics, microwave oscillator, energy physics etc. I supervised the Ph.D work of Prof. A. O. Bamidele in the area of non-invasive blood flow estimation by MRI who is now internationally well known in the field. I mounted for the first time degree programs in energy pHysics in Federal University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State and graduated Masters and Ph.D students in energy Physics. I supervised a total of eight Ph.D students in various areas of Physics(basic) and applied physics and several Masters students. I have taught almost all courses of undergraduate and postgraduate physics except biophysics and geophysics. I have an excellent reputation as a class room teacher at UG and PG level.
I have about 80 regular article publications in top ISI/Thomson Reuter journals, mostly those published by AIP/APS, IOP, Elsevier/Springer etc. Several patents are being filed for the following works:
1. Very compact magnetic field tunable multi-octave band low phase noise (better than -110 dBc/Hz at 10 KHz off set) thin film microwave oscillator
2. World's most energy efficient and cost effective cooker
3. A simple innovative liquid purity analyzer
4. Emission less blue flame wood stove