DR. CYRIL OSEREME EHI-EROMOSELE
PhD, M.Sc, B.Sc
His research interests lies in the synthesis, characterisation and potential applications of new materials with a variety of physical, chemical, electrical and magnetic properties. He also has interests in the environment and sustainability. Presently, he is working on the synthesis of layered oxide composite cathode materials for Lithium ion batteries and also understanding their underlying electrochemical mechanisms
Awards & Honours
- The African Academy of Science/The Royal Society Travel Grant for Connecting Minds Africa Conference, Nairobi, Kenya; September 25 -27, 2019.
- Alexander von Humboldt Renewed Research Fellowship, IAM-ESS, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany; 2019.
- Research Council UK Travel Grant for GCRF Global Engagement Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand; February 12-14, 2019.
- Institute of Applied Materials-Energy Storage Systems, KIT, Germany Funding for in situ X-ray absorption spectroscopy experiment at Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), Hamburg; October 18-22, 2018.
- CIFAR’s Azrieli Travel Grant for Women in Science Leadership Conference, Kigali, Rwanda. March 22-25, 2018.
- Research Council UK Travel Grant for GCRF Global Engagement Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya; January 31 – February 1, 2018.
- CALIPSOplus (Grant 730872) Funding for experiment ID: AV-2017032159 Performed at BL04-MSPD Beamline ALBA Synchrotron, Spain. 2017
- African Academy of Science (AAS) Affiliateship Award, 2017-2021.
- Nigeria Young Academy Membership Award, 2017-2021.
- Covenant University Centre for Research Innovation & Discovery (CUCRID) Research Grant (No: CUCRID/VC/17/02/02/06-FS), 2017.
- Alexander von Humboldt German Language Course Fellowship, Goethe Institute Mannheim, Germany; April-May, 2017.
- Alexander von Humboldt Georg Foster Post-Doctoral Fellowship, IAM-ESS, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany; 2017-2018.
- Travel Award for the 4th Science of Global Prostate Disparities Conference, University of Florida, USA, 2016.
- Best Graduating PhD Student, CST, Covenant University, 2015.
- Visiting Research Scholar Award, International Centre for Material Science, India, 2014.
- Best Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, Covenant University, 2013.
- Covenant University Centre for Research & Development (CUCERD) PhD Research Grant, 2012/2013.
- University of Lagos Teaching/Research Assistantship, 2008/2009.
I have taught and supervised the following courses and practicals at various times:
CHM 111 - General Physical Chemistry
CHM 119 - General Chemistry Practical 1
CHM 129 - General Chemistry Practical 11
CHM 212 - Basic Physical Chemistry
CHM 223 - Industrial Physical Chemistry
CHM 226 - Experimental Physical Chemistry
CHM 316 - Heat Transfer
CHM 413 – Industrial Chemistry Laboratory 2
CHM 425 - Ceramics & Composite Materials
Advanced Chemical Kinetics CHM 816 2016 – Till Date
Research Methodology CHM 836/911 - Till Date
Selected Publications (33)
22. Equilibrium Studies of the Reactin of Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) Haemoglobin Sulphydryl Groups with 5,5′-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoate): Tertiry Conformatinal Change in Turkey Haemoglobin Induced by Inositol hexakisphosphate.[ Download 1.17 MB ]
2.Research Council UK GCRF Global Engagement Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand; February 12-14, 2019.
3. Diffraction on Energy Material School, Institut Laue-Langevin, Grenoble, France; 8-9 October, 2018.
4. ILL and ESS European User Meeting, World Trade Centre, Grenoble; France; 10-12 October, 2018.
5. AIC International Crystallography School 2018, Powder Diffraction: Theory, Software and Applications, University of Bari, Italy; 29 August – 2 September, 2018.
6. Interdisciplinary research towards tackling the SDGs in Africa, Pembroke College, Oxford University, UK; 6-8 August, 2018.
7. Royal Society of Chemistry Faraday Discussion: Electrochemistry at Nano-interfaces, Bath, UK, June 26-28, 2018.
8. 6th XPS Workshop, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, June 20-22, 2018.
9. Women in Science Leadership Workshop, Kigali, Rwanda, March 22-25, 2018.
10. Network Meeting/Workshop of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Regensburg, Germany, April 25-27, 2018.
11. Research Council UK GCRF Global Engagement Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya, January 31 – February 1, 2018.
12. Annual Meeting/Workshop of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Berlin, Germany, June 28-30, 2017.
13. 13th Humboldt-Tag Workshop, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, July 27, 2017.
14. Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Study Tour, Germany, August 14-26, 2017.
15. 7th Bonn Humboldt Award Winners’ Forum – ‘Fundamental Concepts and Principles of Chemical Energy Conversion’, Bonn, Germany, October 11-15, 2017.
16. Chemical Society of Nigeria International Conference, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Rivers State, September 18–23, 2016.
17. International Chemistry Conference, University of Lagos, February 15-17, 2016.
18. Workshop on Cancer Genomics and Bioinformatics, organised by the Cancer Prevention Research Group/CaPTC, Covenant University in conjunction with the University of Florida, 16 October 2016.
19. AUSTECH International Conference – Materials Science and Engineering Symposium, African University of Science and Technology, Abuja, October 12-13, 2015.
20. 2nd Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues (CU-ICADI), Covenant University, Ota, Ogun, Nigeria, 11th – 13th May, 2015.
21. International Chemistry Conference, Covenant University, 2014.
22. In-Housing Lecture presentation titled “NOTAP Training on Intellectual Property Right (IPR) Management and Patenting” Covenant University, Nigeria; 14-16 May, 2014.
23. Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria’s 16th Mandatory Training Workshop of. Theme: Sampling Techniques and Sample Analysis, Modern Trends held at Welcome Centre and Hotels, Lagos on 20-21 November, 2012.