Dr Eghosa Noel Ekhaese
Senior Lecturer and Research Fellow
Ph.D.(Architecture), MNIA, MAARCHES
Architecture History, Built Environment Health, Well-being, Space/Behavioural Science and Urbanism
Awards & Honours
-Rotary award for third best student in a national science quiz competition -Won a Grant for #14.6million to conduct a research across the 6 Geo-political Zone of Nigeria Environmental, Occupation, Family & lifestyle Factors as Predictors of Health/Psychological Wellbeing (under National Wellbeing and behavioural Issue cluster) -May 2018- November 2018 TWAS-COMSAT University Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Humanities, COMSATS University.
Courses Taught at the Undergraduate Level (i) Visual communication: 100 levels students 2005/2006 Session - Date (ii) Architectural Graphics: 200 levels students 2013/2014 Session - Date (iii) Architectural Design Studio Work Mentorship: 400 Level 2008/2009 Sessions -Date (iv) Entrepreneurial Development Studies (EDS) Practical's: 2013/2014 Session - Date Art, Painting and Design 300, 400 & 500Levels Students (v) History of Nigerian Traditional Architecture (400L) 2019/2020 Session- Courses Taught at the Post-graduate Level (vi) Advance Building Component and Method (M.Sc. I&II) 2008/2009 Sessions-Date (vii) Human Settlements (M.Sc. II) 2018/2019 Session-Date (Viii)Industrial design (M.Sc. I) 2018/2019 Session-Date (ix) Advanced Building Systems and Services (M.Sc. 1) 2019/2020 Session (x) Research Ethics and Research Methods (M.Phil./PhD) 2019/2020 Session
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Three (3) M.Sc. Post-Graduate Students
One (1) PhD Student
Selected Publications (10)
2. 5th West Africa Built Environment Research (WABER) Conference, 12-14 August 2013, Accra, Ghana.
3.Building Morphology and Performativity, (ISI & SCOPUS Index Conference for Journal) 9th International Space Syntax Symposium Conference 31st October to 3rd November 2013. Seoul, Korea (south)
4.2nd International Conference On African Development Issues CU-ICADI), Between Biotechnology, ICT, Materials and Renewable Energy: Potential Catalyst for African Development 11 – 13 May, 2015, Ota, Nigeria.
5. ISI & SCOPUS Index International Conference on Science, Engineering, Built Environment and Social Science (ICSEBS 2014), Bali, Indonesia. 24th -27th November 2014
6. INTED2016 Conference 7th-9th March 2016, Valencia, and Spain.
7.INTED2017 Conference, 6th-8th March 2017, Valencia, Spain, pp 5622- 5628, ISBN: 978-84-617-8491-2
8. INTED2017 Conference, 6th-8th March 2017, Valencia, Spain, pp 4488-4495, ISBN: 978-84-617-8491-2
9.ICERI2015 Conference 16th-18th November 2015, Seville, Spain, pg. 196-202, ISBN: 978-84-608-2657-6
-2nd Architect's Colloquium, June 2011
Summary of Profile
As a researcher, I found out that my interest is in Urban Study and Occupants’ health/Well-Being research. Therefore my research efforts have concentrated on urban space morphology, environmental, cultural and behavioural issues as it affect health and well-being. Currently as lecturer and research fellow in a university, I enjoy teaching, cultivating young mind and students interest with research. Having attended conference across the globe and a post-doctoral fellowship in TWAS-COMSATS University, with project title (The Nexus between Health/Psychosocial Wellbeing Indicators in Prototype Residential Environment and Occupants’ Happiness) in-line with strategies conceived for the new urban agenda (NUA) 2016 declaration for sustainable cities. I am presently we are working on:
1. Transforming Traditional Urban Sprawl to Healthy and Liveable Space through Green Living Initiatives and Environmental Restructuring is in-line with strategies conceived for the new urban agenda (NUA) 2016 declaration for sustainable cities. And also consistent with the “Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” in Jan 25, 2017. This again is in tandem with SDG Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities "Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable." Since my research focus is in Urban Study and Built Environmental Health/Well-Being. Overall, the success will exposed participants to high quality research culture and training, and hopefully have a huge positive impact in cities especially in global south.
2. I am the principal investigator under Wellbeing and behavioural Issue cluster in my University (Covenant University) on "Environmental, Family, Lifestyle and Occupational Factors as Predictor of Well-being of Nigeria People (E-Flow sub-cluster) and we are currently working on a #14.6 million grant to cover the whole of Nigeria on the above topic.
3. We are also working on Built Environment Related Illness (BERI) and Built Environment association syndrome (BEAS) as it affects residents’ Life Expectancy in Nigerian Cities.
4. We have just concluded part of a research titled: “TRIPLE H CONCEPT”: Occupants’ Happiness and Psychosocial Wellbeing Determinants Nexus in Prototype Residential Environment and it is being published into a book.
However, I have done a couple of publications in this area and focusing on the Urban Cultural Landscapes and Built Environment, I am particularly interested in the nexus of built environment, residents’ health/wellbeing and their Sustainability. I am versatile in the use of research software (SPSS, SAS, Ecotect analysis and so). A member Nigerian Institute of Architects (MNIA), Member architectural association of educators (AARCHIES), Member Co-operative Network for Building Researchers (CNBR), Member European Centre for Research Training and Development, UK, Member International Journal of Social Scientist and Entrepreneur Nairobi, Kenya. Member, Harvard Business review publishing (HBP),Member, National Academies of Science, Medicine and engineering (NASME), Member, Atlantic and /or CityLab, Member, Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH), Member, American Chemical Society's (ACS).