Dr Ayotunde Etchie
PhD Environmental Chemistry and Pollution Control
- Chemical composition of particulate air and source apportionment.
- Environmental pollution and impact assessment.
- Biomass cookstoves and land pollution.
- Regulating hazardous chemical pollutants in the environment.
- Exposure assessment and burden of disease.
- Etchie, T. O., Etchie, A. T., Jauro, A., Pinker, R. T., Swaminathan, N. 2021. Season, not lockdown, improved air quality during COVID-19 State of Emergency in Nigeria. Science of The Total Environment, 145187 (In Press, Journal Pre-proof) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.145187. Impact factor: 6.551, Percentile: 92nd
- Etchie A. T., Etchie, T. O., Elemile O. O., Boladale O., Oni T., et al. 2020. Burn to kill: wood ash a silent killer in Africa. Science of The Total Environment 748: 1–11. Impact factor: 6.551, Percentile: 92nd
- Swaminathan, N., Etchie, A. T., Etchie, T. O., 2020. Is wood ash a silent killer in sub-Sarahan Africa? Research Outreach: Health & Medicine, 119: 30-33, ISSN: 2517-7028.
- Etchie A. T., Etchie, T. O., Shen, H., Pillarisetti, A., Popovicheva, O. 2019. Burden of disease at the same limit of exposure to airborne polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons varies significantly across countries depending on the gap in longevity. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 180: 420–429. Impact factor: 4.872, Percentile: 97th
- Etchie, T. O., Sivanesan, S., Etchie, A.T., Adewuyi, G. O., Krishnamurthi, K., George, K. V., Rao, P.S. 2018. The burden of disease attributable to ambient PM2.5-bound PAHs exposure in Nagpur, India. Chemosphere 204: 277-289. Impact factor: 5.778, Percentile: 93rd
- Etchie, T. O., Etchie, A. T., Adewuyi, G. O., Pillarisetti, A., Sivanesan, S., Krishnamurthi, K., Arora, N.K. 2018. The gains in life expectancy by ambient PM2.5 pollution reductions in localities in Nigeria. Environmental Pollution 236: 146-157. Impact factor: 6.792, Percentile: 95th
- Etchie, T. O., Sivanesan, S., Adewuyi, G. O., Krishnamurthi, K., Rao, P.S., Etchie, A.T., Pillarisetti, A., Arora, N. K., Smith, K. R. 2017. The health burden and economic costs averted by ambient PM2.5 pollution reductions in Nagpur, India. Environment International 102:145-156. Impact factor: 7.577, Percentile: 98th
- Etchie, A. T., Etchie, T. O., Adewuyi, G. O., Kannan, K., Wate, S. R., Sivanesan, S. and Chukwu A. U. 2014. Influence of seasonal variation on water quality in tropical water distribution system: is the disease burden significant? Water Research 49: 186-196. Impact factor: 9.130, Percentile: 99th
- Etchie, A. T., Etchie, T. O., Adewuyi, G. O., Krishnamurthi, K., Devi, S. S. and Wate, S. R., 2013. Prioritizing hazardous pollutants in two Nigerian water supply schemes: a risk-based approach. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 91: 553-561J. Impact factor: 6.818, Percentile: 96th
Reviewer: Environmental Pollution, Elsevier (Impact factor: 6.792; Scopus percentile: 95%); Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Elsevier (Impact factor: 3.441; Scopus percentile: 97%); BMJ Global Health, (Scopus percentile: 87%); Military Medical Research, Springer Nature (Scopus percentile: 86%); Annals of Science and Technology; International Conference on Science and Sustainable Development, Covenant University; IOP Conference Series, Earth and Environmental Science (Scopus percentile: 30%); The Second International Conference on Physics, Mathematics and Statistics May 22-24, 2019 in Hangzhou, China; Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Scopus percentile: 21%)
Awards & Honours
2015 Prize award for publication of articles from Ph.D. thesis by the Dean of Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan.
2015 Letter of Commendation from the Vice Chancellor, University of Ibadan, on the publication of articles from Ph.D. Thesis”
General Physical Chemistry (CHM 111), General Chemistry Practical I (CHM 119), General Chemistry Practical II (CHM 129), Analytical Chemistry (CHM 222), Experimental Analytical Chemistry (CHM 229), Environmental Chemistry (CHM 317), Instrumental Method of Analysis (CHM 333), Quality Control (CHM 411), Environmental Analysis (CHM 430), Environmental Pollution (CHM 438), Advanced Analytical Chemistry and Applications (CHM 450), Hazardous Waste Management (CHM 477) and Industrial Analytical Chemistry (CHM 448)
Etchie TO, Etchie AT, Oluwasanya P and Shen H. 2019. Development of national health-based target for regulating airborne polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons exposure in Nigeria. 3rd International Conference on Science and Sustainable Development (ICSSD), May 6-8, 2019. Centre for Research, Innovation and Discovery, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Etchie, T. O., Etchie, A. T., Adewuyi, G. O. and Krishnamurthi, K., 2012. Tackling environmental pollution in developing countries using risk-based rather than concentration-based priorities: A case study of two Nigerian water supply schemes. IInd World Congress for Man and Nature, 3rd to 5th November, 2012. Nagpur, India