Dr OLANREWAJU FAITH OSASUMWEN
B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D International Relations
Displacement; Migration; Conflict; Gender Issues; Security; Development
Awards & Honours
- Best Graduating PhD Student Academic Award from School of Postgraduate Studies, Covenant University, 2019.
- Covenant University Strategic Student Association (CUSSA) Staff Award of Excellence 2017
- PhD Thesis Report Writing Grant from School of Postgraduate Studies, Covenant University, 2017.
- M.Sc. Thesis Report Writing Grant from School of Postgraduate Studies, Covenant University, 2011.
- Award of Recognition for Outstanding National Youth Corp Service Project (Book Project), Bauchi State, 2010
Theories of War and Peace, Foundations of Political Economy; Logic and Methods of Political Inquiry, Developing Countries in International System
Selected Publications (29)
2. ADVED 2018 - 4th International Conference on Advances in Education and Social Sciences, 15-17 October 2018- Istanbul, Turkey ISBN: 978-605-82433-4-7.
3. Felix Chidozie, Oluwatobi Aje, Faith Osasumwen Olanrewaju and Adekunle Olanrewaju (2018). Political Globalization and the ‘New Wave’ of Nationalism Democracy under Threat. Paper Accepted for presentation at the 25th World Congress of Political Science Beyond Borders, July 21-25, 2018, Brisbane, Australia.
4. Felix Chidozie, Oluwatobi Aje, Faith Osasumwen Olanrewaju and Adekunle Olanrewaju New World Order or Disorder Emerging Trends in East_West Geopolitics. Paper Accepted for presentation at the 25th World Congress of Political Science Beyond Borders, July 21-25, 2018, Brisbane, Australia.
5. Duruji, M., Azuh, D. & Oviasogie, F.O. “Teaching Methods and Academic Performance of Secondary School Students in External Examination: A Case of Selected Secondary School in Ota, Ogun State”. Paper presented at the EduLearn Conference, 2014.
6. One Day Conference on E-Governance in Nigeria: Prospects and Challenges for Civic Engagement and Participation, at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, June 9, 2014.
7. Ajayi, O. & Duruji, MM, Oviasogie, F.O., Azuh, D. (2014) “Urban design and sustainable development. A case of Makoko Area of Lagos State Nigeria”. Paper presented at the First Mediterranean Interdisciplinary Forum on Social Science and Humanities, MIFS held at Beirut, Lebanon, 23th -26thApril, 2014.
8. Duruji, M.M, Azuh, D, Joshua, S, Oviasogie, F.O. and Ajayi, O. “Doha Round of WTO and African Development: An Appraisal”. Paper presented at the First Mediterranean Interdisciplinary Forum on Social Science and Humanities, MIFS held at Beirut, Lebanon, 23th -26thApril, 2014.
9. Duruji, M.M, Joshua, S, I.P. Olarenwaju, Oviasogie, F. O., O. Ajayi and E.R Loremeke (2014) Ethnicisation of University Education and National Development: The Nigerian Experience” paper presented at the 8th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, held at the Villa de Melia, Valencia, Spain from March 10th-12th, 2014.
10. Duruji, M. & Oviasogie, F. O. “100 Years of Inter-Group Relations and the Challenge of Settler-Indigene Dichotomy in Nigeria. Option for Civic Citizenship”. Paper presented at the 8th Annual Conference & General Assembly of the Society for Peace Studies and Practice, March 24th- 26, 2014.
11. Shodipo, O. & Oviasogie, F. O. “Religious Fundamentalism And Stereotypes In Nigeria’s Social Relations: Prospects For National Integration” Paper presented at The Nationalism Research Network, Nigeria in conjunction with Alexander Humboldlt Foundation, Bonn, Germany (AVH) and Centre for legal, social and policy Research, Ontario, Canada (CLSPR) Expert Workshop on Nation, Nationalism and National Integration in Nigeria, University of Ibadan, June 19-21, 2013.
12. Round-table on “Understanding Nigeria's Terrorism and Security Challenges and the Way Forward”, with Professor Kunle Amuwo of the International Crisis Group (ICG). At Covenant University, October 10, 2012.
13. Duruji, M. M. & Oviasogie, F. O. (2013) State Failure, Terrorism and Global Security: An Appraisal of the Boko Haram Insurgency in Northern Nigeria. Paper presented at 22nd Conference of Nigerian Society of International Affairs (NSIA) Conference, Lead City University, Ibadan on Contemporary Challenges in Nigeria, Africa and the World, 3rd -5th April, 2012.
14. Duruji, M. & Oviasogie, F.O. “From Kyoto to Copenhagen to Cancun: A Politics of Multilateralism on Climate Change”. Paper presented at Alexander Von Hombolt Kolleg Conference 2011, University of Ibadan Conference Centre on Climate Change and Sustainable Development: Cultural and Techno-environmental responses in West Africa, October 11-15, 2011.
Summary of Profile
STATE OF ORIGIN: Edo State
LOCAL GOVT. AREA: Uhunmwonde
DATE OF BIRTH: 16th March, 1986
MARITAL STATUS: Single
HOME ADDRESS: 1, Tony Oviasogie Street, Sango Ota, Ogun State.
OBJECTIVE: To contribute to the understanding of international affairs in the light of ongoing and rapid changes in the world via scholastic and expository researches and working towards the reduction and ultimately the eradication of the violations of women and children rights in Africa.
Covenant University Ota, Ogun State November 2010- Date
Chaviron Ventures Nigeria Limited. June 2008 – August 2008 Front Desk Attendant
1 Making and receiving calls.
2 Handling of mails.
3 Attending to visitors.
Aunty Yemi Nursery & Primary School, Sango Ota, Ogun State. May 2003 – Sept. 2003
CONFERENCES ATTENDED AND PAPER PRESENTED
• Duruji, M. & Oviasogie, F. O. “From kyoto to Copenhagen to Cancun: An Analysis of the Politics of Multilateralism on Climate Change”. A paper presented at AVH Kolleg Conference 2011, University of Ibadan Conference Center on Climate Change and Sustainable Development: Cultural and Techno-enviromental responses in West Africa, October 11-15, 2011.
PUBLICATIONS IN VIEW
• Zoning In Nigerian Politics: Blessing or Curse?
• Challenges of Humanitarian Actions and Intervention: The Imperative To Involve Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
• State Failure, Terrorism and Global Security: An Appraisal of the New Radicalism in Northern Nigeria.
• Privatization, Infrastrustural Deccay And Technological Crisis In Nigeria: A Study of The Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN). A research work conducted for the fulfillment of the reqiurement for the awards of a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc), International Relations, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, 2009.
• The Arab Spring Revolution and the Democratization in North Africa: A Comparative study of Egypt and Libya. An ongoing research work for the award of Master of Science (M.Sc) in International Relations, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state, Nigeria. 2010- date
1 Goal orientation and commitment to excellence
2 Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
3 Flexibility, creativity, meditation and innovation
1. COVENANT UNIVERSITY, OTA, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA
M.Sc INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 2010- date
Degree in View
2. COVENANT UNIVERSITY, OTA, OGUN STATE.
B.Sc (Hons) International Relations 2009
First Class Division.
2 IGANMODE GRAMMAR SCHOOL, OTA, OGUN STATE.
Secondary School Certificate Examination (S.S.C.E). 2002
C &C SOFTLINK LIMITED, BAUCHI STATE.
Diploma in Computer Applications
1. Microsoft offices
3. Corel Draw
English, Edo and Yoruba
Reading, writing articles, lecturing and meeting people
Dr. Duruji, M. Lecturer, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State
Dr. Sheriff Folarin Senior Lecturer, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State