Dr. Ajibade Jegede
B.Sc (Sociology, University of Ibadan), MSc (Sociology, University of Ibadan), PhD (Criminology, Covenant University)
Criminology Contemporary /Social Problems/Deviant Behaviour
Sociology Of Crime, Contemporary Sociological Theory, Sociology of Deviant Behaviour
Selected Publications (27)
Paper presented: Exploration of Nigeria’s Prison System: An Interplay of Glasserian and Straussian Qualitative and Quantitative Methods.
• NASA 2015 Conference, theme: Democracy, Livelihood and Social Order held November 3-5, 2015 at University of Lagos, Akoka, Nigeria.
Paper Presented: State Failure, Youths Dual Victimization and Unabated Terror of Internet Fraud in Nigeria. (Yet to be forwarded to journal outlet).
• 8th Annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (ICERI 2015), Barceló Renacimiento Hotel, Seville, Spain, November 16-18, 2015.
• Paper No: 1468, “Neighborhood Disadvantages and Attitude to Schooling in Poor Urban Settlement in Nigeria: Implications for Development”.
• Paper No: 514, “Socio-Economic Predictors of Child Labour: Implications on Schooling in Nigeria”.
• XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology: Facing an Unequal World Challenges of Global Sociology. Pacifico Yokohama, Yokoama, Japan. 13-19th July, 2014.
Neo-Liberal Reforms and Health Disparities in the Global South: The Case of Nigeria.
• NASA 2013 Conference, theme: Sustainable Transformation for Inclusive Societal Development held November 4-7, 2013 at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
E-Commerce Promotion in the New Economy: Integrating the Missing Links in Nigeria.
• ASAN Conference 2011, theme: The Social Dimension of the Nigerian Democratization Process held at University of Ilorin, August 10-11.
Paper Presented: Population, Cross-Border Movements and Security Challenges: The Nigerian-Benin Republic Example.
• NSS 2008 Conference, theme: Religion and Business Ethics in Nigeria held November 26-27, 2008 at Temperance Hotel, Ota, Ogun State.
Paper Presented: Corruption of Religion and Religion of Corruption: Rethinking Marxists Sociology of Religion in Modern Nigeria.
• Niger/Delta University organized International Conference on the Nigerian State, Oil Industry and the Niger-Delta held between 11th -13th March 2008 at Glory Land Cultural Center Yenagoa.
Paper Presented: Corruption and the Locales: Reconsidering Niger-Delta Marginalization Thesis.
Public Lecture Attended
Crawford University 6th Public Lecture Titled: When will Nigeria become a first world nation? Guest Lecturer: Pharm. Mazi Sam I. Ohuabunwa. Thursday 30th May, 2019