Dr. Olufunmilayo Joseph
Ph.D, MNSE, MNiMechE, MTMS, R.Engr.
Failure Analysis of Engineering Components
Production / Mechanical Engineering: • Mechanical Working of Metals • Metal Joining Processes • Manufacturing Processes • Industrial Finishing
Design of functional materials
Modeling and simulation of materials
Awards & Honours
2013 CSIR-TWAS Sandwich Postgraduate Fellowship Award
- Foundry Technology
- Introduction to Metallurgy
- Materials Technology
- Properties of Materials
- Corrosion Science and Engineering
- Materials Science
- Engineer in Society
- Management of Innovation and Engineering Management
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics
- Materials Selection
Selected Publications (8)
2. “Development of Superalloy for Next Generation Coal-Fired systems: Challenges and Opportunity”. NMS Conference (RMRDC Abuja: Oct. 26th – 19th, 2011).
3. “Functional Technical/Technological Educational System in Nigeria: a Desideratum for Vision 20:2020" (RMRDC Abuja: Oct. 26th – 19th, 2011).
4. “Sustaining 21st century Engineering Infrastructure,” International Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Technology (IET 2011), Faculty of Engineering, University of Lagos, Lagos Nigeria, Aug 8 – 10, 2011.
Summary of Profile
Her research interests include: failure analysis of engineering components; fracture mechanics and structural integrity; corrosion science and engineering; alloy development and processing; materials characterization; modeling and simulation of materials; tribological studies; environmental science and engineering, amongst others. She has keen interest in solving industrial problems and structural integrity issues using diverse failure analysis tools.
She started her academic carrier as a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Nigerian Air Force Base in Kaduna. She is currently a lecturer and astute researcher in Mechanical Engineering and its related fields at Covenant University. She thrives on the path of excellence possible for women in science, technology, mathematics and engineering (STEM). She is happily married and blessed with children.