Prof. Roland Tolulope Loto
BTech Mechanical Engineering, MSc Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, PhD Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
1. Metallic corrosion reactions phenomena
Ø Corrosion in concrete; Corrosion inhibitor evaluation;
Ø Localized corrosion: pitting and crevice corrosion;
Ø Corrosion evaluation of austenitic stainless steels;
Ø Corrosive wear of metallic materials;
Ø Corrosion monitoring by potentiodynamic methods and electrochemical
2. Structure/ Property relationships.
3. Materials characterization and development.
4. Mechanical properties of structural alloys /weld joints.
5. Failure analysis of metallic materials.
6. Electrochemistry of metal/liquid interfacial reactions.
7. Metallic corrosion, corrosion control and inhibition mechanisms
8. Chemical analysis of engineering materials.
Awards & Honours
2019 Best lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Covenant University, Ogun State, Nigeria
2014 Awarded for meritorious Service as Examination Officer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Covenant University, Ogun State, Nigeria
2014 Best lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Covenant University, Ogun State, Nigeria
2014 Doctoral Student of the Year for Academic Excellence, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa
2013 Faculty Top Publication Award, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa.
2012 Faculty Top Publication Award, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa.
2011 Faculty Top Publication Award, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa.
2011-2012 Faculty Scholarship, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa.
Reviewer, Journal of Materials and Environmental Science
Reviewer, Journal of Basic and Applied Science
Reviewer, Moroccan Journal of Chemistry
Reviewer, Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology
Reviewer, International Journal of Industrial Chemistry
Reviewer, Journal of Basic and Applied Research international
Materials Science and Engineering.
Thermodynamics & Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Metrology and Instrumentation
Mechanics of Machines
Strenght of Materials
Metal Casting and Welding of Metals
Engineering Design and Selection of Materials.
Advance Corrosion Engineering
Current Postgraduate Supervision
MSc Mechanical Engineering
Selected Publications (194)
76. Evaluation of the localized corrosion resistance of 316L austenitic and 430Ti ferritic stainless steel in aqueous chloride/sulphate media for application in petrochemical crude distillation units.[Visit]
125. Comparative Analysis of the Synergistic Effect of Sodium Molybdenum Oxide and Vanillin on the Corrosion Inhibition of 3CR12 Ferritic Stainless Steel and High Carbon Steel in Dilute Hydrochloric Acid[ Download 1.13 MB ] [Visit]
2014 Africorr-2014 Inaugural African Corrosion Congress, Farm Inn Country Hotel & Wildlife Sanctuary, July 28-30, Pretoria, South Africa.
2016 AfriCORR-2016 African Corrosion Congress, Midrand Conference Centre, July 27-29, Witwatersrand, South Africa.
2018 TMS-2018 Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Phoenix Convention Center, March 11-15, Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
2018 IC-CMTP5-2018 The 5th International Conference on Competitive Materials and Technology Processes, Hotel Palota Lillafüred, October 8-12, Miskolc-Lillafüred-Mountain Bükk, Hungary.
2019 TMS-2019 Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, March 10-14, San Antonio, USA.
2019 SMPM-2019 International Conference on Sustainable Materials and Processes, Sun City Resort, March 8-10, North West Province, South Africa.
2019 ICESW-2019 3rd International Conference on Engineering for a Sustainable World, Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies, Covenant University, Canaanland, July 3-5, Ogun State, Nigeria.