Engr. Ajibola Temitope Ogunbiyi
BSc (Unilag), MSc (Cranfield), PhD (In View)
Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Biomass Conversion & Environmental Engineering.
Awards & Honours
1. Co-coordinator of a Chemical Engineering Process Design Project at Covenant University that won the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) Award. 2017
2. Petroleum Technology Development Fund’s (PTDF’s) ‘Drilling and Completion Engineering’ Scholarship Training at IFP, France. 2012
3. Petroleum Technology Development Fund’s (PTDF) Nigeria Overseas Masters Scholarship. 2011
4. Elf Petroleum Nigeria Limited (EPNL) University Undergraduates Scholarship Award Winner. 2004 - 2007
5. Lagos State Merit Award for the 2nd Best JSCE Student in the 1996/1997 JSCE. 1998
Introduction to Chemical Engineering; Chemical Engineering Process Analysis, Computer Packages for Chemical Engineers; Technology Management; Corrosion of Metals and Alloys; Industrial Chemical Operations and Management; Chemical Engineering Laboratory; Chemical Engineering Process Design
2. Chemical Engineering Curriculum Review Workshop organized by the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) at Julius Berger Hall, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos on 21st June, 2018.
3. International Seminar on Process Safety organized by Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) in conjunction with Department of petroleum Resources at Victoria Island, Lagos. October, 2017.
4. A Public Lecture organized by the Professor Ayo Francis Ogunye Trust Fund & Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering entitled “Biological Control Systems: Systems Biology of Diseases and the Design of Effective Treatments”, Julius Berger Auditorium, University of Lagos, Wednesday, Jan 11, 2017.
5. Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage: A Means to Mitigating the Effect of Climate Change”, International Seminar, Covenant University, Ota. 2016
6. Second Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues (CU-ICADI, 2012), Covenant University, Ota 2015 7. Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Seminar organized by the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Victoria Island, Lagos. 2015
Summary of Profile
With about four years of a university-level teaching experience in an ace university, Ogunbiyi has imparted engineering knowledge and morals development in a number of students. He has a natural passion for imparting knowledge and is a fast-learning researcher. He believes periodic reviews of the university curriculum reflecting the current needs of the industry, should be done with the aim of further bridging the gap between the industry and the ivory tower. In as much as he believes that tough concepts should be simplified through teaching, he holds the opinion that students should not be spoon-fed to a point where certain concepts become so diluted that their meanings are lost. This is necessary if engineering students' aptitude and potential are to be fully uncovered, developed and geared towards innovation and invention.
His research focus is on biomass conversion to value-added chemicals and bioenergy, renewable and sustainable energy & Environmental energy.
A member of the Dr. D. K. Olukoya Mountain Top University Foundation, a charity established to help exceptional but indigent students of the institution, he believes an integral essence of living is to constantly work on developing one’s potentials up to the point of imparting humanity and making the world a better place.
He currently teaches Introduction to Chemical Engineering, Computer Packages for Chemical Engineers, Corrosion of Metals and Alloys, Chemical Engineering Process Analysis, Industrial Chemical Operations and Management and Technology Management. He is a mentor to a number of undergraduate students.