Engr. Ajibola Temitope Ogunbiyi
BSc (Lagos), MSc (Cranfield), PhD (In View)
Renewable Energy, Biomass Conversion & Utilization, Catalysis
Publons Page: https://publons.com/researcher/2999941/ajibola-ogunbiyi/
Scopus page: https://tinyurl.com/y3th76te
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=NL4CCh8AAAAJ
Awards & Honours
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) Award for International Students in Chinese Universities 2018
2. Co-coordinator of a Chemical Engineering Design Project at Covenant University that won the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) Award. 2017
3. Petroleum Technology Development Fund’s (PTDF’s) ‘Drilling and Completion Engineering’ Scholarship Training at IFP, France. 2012
4. Petroleum Technology Development Fund’s (PTDF) Overseas Masters Scholarship Awards. 2011
5. Elf Petroleum Nigeria Limited (EPNL) University Undergraduates Scholarship Award Winner. 2004 – 2007
6. Cowbell Mathematics Competition Awards for all Secondary Schools in Lagos State. 2000
7. Lagos State Merit Award for 2nd Best Student in the 1996/1997 Junior School Certificate Examination (JSCE). 1998
Introduction to Chemical Engineering; Chemical Engineering Process Analysis, Computer Packages for Chemical Engineers; Technology Management; Corrosion of Metals and Alloys; Industrial Chemical Operations and Management; Chemical Engineering Laboratory; Chemical Engineering Process Design
2. Chemical Engineering Curriculum Review Workshop organized by the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) at Julius Berger Hall, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos on 21st June, 2018.
3. International Seminar on Process Safety organized by Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSChE) in conjunction with Department of petroleum Resources at Victoria Island, Lagos. October, 2017.
4. A Public Lecture organized by the Professor Ayo Francis Ogunye Trust Fund & Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering entitled “Biological Control Systems: Systems Biology of Diseases and the Design of Effective Treatments”, Julius Berger Auditorium, University of Lagos, Wednesday, Jan 11, 2017.
5. Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage: A Means to Mitigating the Effect of Climate Change”, International Seminar, Covenant University, Ota. 2016
6. Second Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues (CU-ICADI, 2012), Covenant University, Ota 2015 7.Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Seminar organized by the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Victoria Island, Lagos. 2015
Summary of Profile
With over four years of a university-level teaching experience in an ace university, Ogunbiyi has imparted engineering knowledge and morals development in a number of students. He has a natural passion for teaching and is also a fast-learning researcher. His research area covers Renewable and sustainable energy, Biomass conversion, Catalysis and Environmental engineering. He currently works on understanding the chemistry of lignocellulosic biomass and using the knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis to develop highly effective catalytic system that can depolymerize biomass (e.g. lignocellulose) for the purpose of producing biofuels and value-added chemicals.
He believes periodic reviews of the university curriculum reflecting the current needs of the industry, should be done with the aim of further bridging the gap between the industry and the ivory tower. With regards to teaching, in as much as he believes that tough concepts should be simplified, he, nevertheless, opines that students should not be spoon-fed to a point where certain concepts become so diluted that their real relevance is lost. This is necessary if engineering students' aptitude and potential are to be fully uncovered, developed and geared towards innovation and invention.
A member of the Dr. D. K. Olukoya Mountain Top University Scholarship Foundation (a charity established to help certain exceptional but indigent students), he believes the smallness in seeking the self should push us towards embracing service to God and humanity, which brings happiness.
He teaches Introduction to Chemical Engineering, Computer Packages for Chemical Engineers, Corrosion of Metals and Alloys, Chemical Engineering Process Analysis, Industrial Chemical Operations and Management and Technology Management. He is a mentor to a number of undergraduate students.